Really RIM, cant we just establish the pearl as the entry level, curve as consumer full qwerty, bold as pro qwerty, and storm as the storm?

ppl knock blackberrys left and right cuz of all the different models. just keep those 4 lines and make the cdma and gsm version of each. is it THAT hard? oh and release them annually. Makes MUCH better sense IMO
    01-14-10 09:00 PM
    There just isn't that many models. Storm, Tour, 9700, 8500 series....really thats about all there is anymore, 9000 is thinning out as well as the pearls and the 8300 series won't be around for much longer as the newer models come out
    01-14-10 09:14 PM
    First, this has been discussed to death as recent as last week. Next, there are 4 models: Pearl, Bold/Tour, Curve, Storm. Easy enough?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 09:36 PM
    Its all about the money. All phones are pretty much the same, but yet they are still doing very well.

01-15-10 01:30 AM
    RIM is doing very well because they seem to cater to everyone. CNN did a report that blackberrys are booming in indonesia and the asian markets. So the more models the bigger demographic = printing dollar bills.

01-15-10 02:54 AM
    Why so many models? Who cares. RIM surely doesn't. They dominate the smartphone sector because they have a model to suit everyone's needs (both consumer and carrier alike).
    Or would you rather have RIM focus on one GSM touchscreen device that's only available on AT&T?

01-15-10 06:55 AM
    Go to any carrier and see if you find more than four BB models in their lineup (you might find five if they still have the Pearl Flip in their lineup).
    01-15-10 08:30 AM
    First, this has been discussed to death as recent as last week. Next, there are 4 models: Pearl, Bold/Tour, Curve, Storm. Easy enough?

+1 on this post...
    01-15-10 08:35 AM
    If you have the model you want, isn't that all that matters?
    01-15-10 09:10 AM
    In today's consumer markets the more variety the more sales. That is as true for BB as for toothpaste.

01-15-10 10:53 AM
    Current prduction models
    CDMA networks - Tour, Curve, Storm
    GMS networks Bold, Curve

yea alot of models...

smooth flying there navigator....

and if you want to throw the 83xx, 85xx, and the 89xx series under curve go head... the 83xx will soon be a historic piece of equipment... which will be replaced by the 85xx series... T-Mobile has already stopped carring the 8900 phone.

01-15-10 11:00 AM
    I really think they should start thinking of offering custom BB's like Dell does to computers. Pretty much all BB's are the same size - all RIM offers now should fit in any. Some people like this, others don't. Each device has its own version of themes, this program only run in this and that.... OS5.0 seems to solve some of those issues but still far from it...
    01-15-10 11:08 AM
    Really RIM, cant we just establish the pearl as the entry level, curve as consumer full qwerty, bold as pro qwerty, and storm as the storm?

ppl knock blackberrys left and right cuz of all the different models. just keep those 4 lines and make the cdma and gsm version of each. is it THAT hard? oh and release them annually. Makes MUCH better sense IMO
    uhhh that's pretty much what they do...
    01-15-10 12:07 PM
    I dont think they make to many models.. there doing fine
    01-15-10 12:12 PM
    I am not really concerned with the number of BBs there are. As long as AT&T keeps releasing BBs that I like, I don't really care.

01-16-10 11:58 AM
    RIM approach is simple, there is a blackberry for everyone. And in esence there are four models,

Bold
    Curve
    Pearl
    Storm

And what ever series number comes after that they are just variation of the model tree.
    01-16-10 12:09 PM
    I don't see the issue here. Choice is good for everyone.
    01-16-10 12:56 PM
    Its all about that almighty dollar, er, I mean euro!

01-16-10 02:44 PM
    I really think they should start thinking of offering custom BB's like Dell does to computers. Pretty much all BB's are the same size - all RIM offers now should fit in any. Some people like this, others don't. Each device has its own version of themes, this program only run in this and that.... OS5.0 seems to solve some of those issues but still far from it...
    this would be interesting if cell phone companies did this.
    01-16-10 02:48 PM
    @OP, your last post was deleted. When you figure out a way to express your view
    in a non profanity laden manner, feel free to do so.
    05-08-10 07:36 PM
    I think that it is odd that we want to control everything that a smartphone manufacturer does. It is also interesting to read people's ideas about the number of devices that RIM offers. If they only released two or three a year, people would complain that there isn't much of a selection. I would think that they based the number of devices on sales. If they come out with the clamshell and slider and people buy them, then they are justified in doing it. If no one buys them, then I am sure they will not release those models much longer. But to think that we need to control what devices they release with our comments about devices that haven't been released yet seems a little premature and na�ve. Maybe we should leave them to what they do and if we don't like their products, we don't have to buy them.

05-08-10 08:02 PM
    I am scratching my head as why this is a topic even worth discussing as you will get the phone you want, simple as that...so BB offers more, yet it is a problem to some? Or they just complain about it as there is too many...amazing!

05-09-10 03:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD