Wow. Apparently it's okay for the moderators to flame people. I'm sorry but the rude and hostile tone in this post seems inappropriate to me. I don't think the OP deserved such an attack.
    Pardon me but that was neither a flame, hostile or a personal attack.
    Regardless of how much my post may have upset your sensibilities the fact
    remains that not one of us has the right to tell or be upset by how someone
    uses what they pay for and should stop complaining about people who don't
    take "full advantage" of the phone.

@Mike and Mike
    - Thank you
    11-04-09 05:05 PM
    You don't think telling someone to shut up and calling them idiotic is flaming or hostile? Okay, that's your opinion. Consider it dropped. Have a good evening.
    It wasn't directed at the OP. He said it in a general sense.
    I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but even I could
    see that.
    11-04-09 05:11 PM
    You don't think telling someone to shut up and calling them idiotic is flaming or hostile? Okay, that's your opinion. Consider it dropped. Have a good evening.
    I never called anyone idiotic. I called the complaining
    about how others use their devices idiotic. Go back and read it again. Slowly this time.
    11-04-09 05:12 PM
    C'mon you two, just fight it out behind the building with broken bottles. I need to get aroused too you know. Wanna see lots of carnage...

Ya... that's it....
    11-04-09 05:14 PM
    Dose any one who uses it "properly" appear on this forum, or a you all students. Because the argument I typed a paper on it while on the go doesn't seem sensible to me, and not the actions of a grown up. none of you appear to be business users.

This is not a dig it is a serious question.
    If by "properly" you mean nothing more than "for business" - I do.

I email/text/call with clients, I accept credit card payments, and I scout shooting locations and take geotagged photos of the spots. I use TeleNav to get driving times and directions to my shoots and BBWeather to determine whether a particular day (down to the hour) will be a good time for a photography session. I also used the sunrisesunset.com website from my BB Browser to get the exact time of a sunset for a wedding photo. I use an app to keep records of client leads & their desired options. I use the calendar to keep track of my sessions & appointments and when I have a wedding, I put the itinerary onto my calendar complete with reminders for the beginning of each segment of the day (preparations, guy's formals, girl's formals, ceremony, family formals, main entrance, first dance, cake cutting, etc). The alarms ensure that I'm not "that photographer" who holds up the works. I also make use of the bluetooth and my headset to coordinate between the bride and the groom so they don't accidentally see each other before the ceremony. Between the headset and the voice dialing, I can continue to shoot the girls while calling the guys and vice versa. Or I can call them while I'm driving from one spot to the next.

BUT

I also use the BlackBerry to calll, instant message, email, and text my friends and family and keep track of birthdays, listen to music, watch TV, etc.
    Last edited by dchawk81; 11-04-09 at 05:24 PM.
    11-04-09 05:14 PM
    He's in England. It's what they call a flashlight.
    Duh... I was wondering on that one too!
    11-04-09 05:28 PM
    This has to be the most hostile thread I've ever seen on CB.
    It's not the most hostile thread I"ve ever seen on CB. I haven't been here that long and I have noticed how rude and pointless some of their posts are...yeah, they sound like kids with too much time on their hands. But I do agree the mods shouldnl't make someone feel unwelcome here.
    11-04-09 05:40 PM
    It's not the most hostile thread I"ve ever seen on CB. I haven't been here that long and I have noticed how rude and pointless some of their posts are...yeah, they sound like kids with too much time on their hands. But I do agree the mods shouldnl't make someone feel unwelcome here.
    Agreed, but shallow people shouldn't post shallow subjects.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 05:57 PM
    to be frank its a good phone and not that expensive so why shouldn't more people own one. use the features you need.
    Last edited by Dave the Rave; 11-04-09 at 06:07 PM.
    11-04-09 05:58 PM
    to be frank its a good phone and not that expensive so why shouldn't more people own one. use the features you need.
    I dunno. I think there are inexpensive BBs available but I don't consider my Tour to have been cheap. I'd probably just buy the cheapest phone with a QWERTY keyboard if all I did was voice and text.

Having said that, I don't think that not having a data plan on a BB is such a travesty. Not everyone needs push email or BBM and there's a lot to do in between simple phone & text and actually fully utilizing the BlackBerry.
    Last edited by dchawk81; 11-04-09 at 07:04 PM.
    11-04-09 07:02 PM
    What I use my Blackberry the least for is actually talking on it haha.
    11-04-09 07:30 PM
    I could care less how ppl use it, but I do tend to be amazed at how ppl purchase these devices and then don't know how to run them. Its one thing if you rarely use the calendar or the task list apps. But I've had customers come into my store and not even investigate the device at all.

I guess I should rephrase and say it always boggles my mind that someone would pay more for the plan and device and not utilize the applications. But whatever works for each person is what works for them.
    11-05-09 02:00 AM
    Personally I do not care what someone does with a device they pay for and I think
    it is extremely shallow and idiotic for anyone else to do so.

Use yours your way. When you pay for someone elses phone, their bill and the
    related ancillary cost of ownership then you have an issue. Until then, SHUT UP!!
    ^^^basically
    11-05-09 02:04 AM
    I think that BBs and other smartphones have a lotbof functions, butbi rarely meet people who utilize every single feature and function of the device. Plus, it takes some time an exploration to find all of it's uses. When I buy a smartphone, I find that a year later, I am using it for a number different reasons that were absent when I first bought the device. I had used BBs for some years and was still finding new uses for it all the time. It's what's great about these devices. You can use it for all of your needs or a very few. As long as it does what you like how you like it. With every update and app that comes out, the device changes and there are new possibilities.

11-05-09 03:49 AM
    Might it be that the greater the market, the faster its development?

Everyone's money is contributing to future generations of BlackBerry!

...and to the width of shareholders' smiles.
    11-05-09 04:26 AM
    This thread has turned into a topic about everything , Whats the original question ?
    11-05-09 04:47 AM
    I thgink the answer to the origingl question is yes every one. but keep. It in perspective it is an annoyance only these people will do you no harm. Everyone here seems to be saying the same thing just in different ways.

It is funnyt paticipating in an argument where all are arguing the same point.

11-05-09 12:43 PM
    This thread has turned into a topic about everything , Whats the original question ?
    Which came first the Blackberry or the social networking; main reason for the Blackberry.

I thgink the answer to the origingl question is yes every one. but keep. It in perspective it is an annoyance only these people will do you no harm. Everyone here seems to be saying the same thing just in different ways.

It is funny participating in an argument where all are arguing the same point.

we are not arguing the same point - we are arguing about principle

11-05-09 12:53 PM
    Principal? We obvoiusly are on different wave lenfths

I don't know what you mean

People obvoiusly can spend their money on what ever they wish

Any posession in the real world is not a status symbol. Except to stupid people.

Stupid people can't utalise the power of a bb but but every body benifits from their spending power

We all know people with fairly powerful computers and only use them. To brouse the web, email. To complain about people who are like this
    when they own a bb and discuss them on a forum is snobbery isn't it?

Ithought we were just saying stupid people are anoying. I don't want to be a snob

11-05-09 03:45 PM
    Principal? We obvoiusly are on different wave lenfths

I don't know what you mean

People obvoiusly can spend their money on what ever they wish

Any posession in the real world is not a status symbol. Except to stupid people.

Stupid people can't utalise the power of a bb but but every body benifits from their spending power

We all know people with fairly powerful computers and only use them. To brouse the web, email. To complain about people who are like this
    when they own a bb and discuss them on a forum is snobbery isn't it?

Ithought we were just saying stupid people are anoying. I don't want to be a snob

sorry bro i was i didnt mean for your heart rate to jump up i was being sarcastic with : point < > principle....
    11-05-09 03:50 PM
    sorry bro i was i didnt mean for your heart rate to jump up i was being sarcastic with : point < > principle....
    Mate I'm half eway through a bottle of wine I genuinly didn't undertsand, then it turned into a ramble

11-05-09 04:05 PM
    Reading through this thread proved to be pointless but a good read. But now that I replied this may be the greatest thread ever. Now If I could use my S2 as a firearm I wouldn't. So no I'm not using all the features but I'm trying. I think want or need comes to mind. I'm still learing what all this amasing S2 can do.
    11-06-09 01:24 PM
    Cuz you're smart enough to know that "GO BLACK" is the only thing to do.
    11-06-09 02:23 PM
    And I'm now using my bb to call the local police dept. LOL

I use my BB to break into high end cars!
    11-06-09 02:28 PM
    I'm too busy using my BB for my emails, BBM, SMS, DocsToGo, Slacker radio, Web browsing, checking the weather, getting the news, and keeping track of my appointments to worry about what other people are using their BBs for.

11-06-09 02:59 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD