why do everybody in here hates Android so much?
    03-20-14 06:55 AM
    It's a BlackBerry forum. I don't think it's so much a hate, but members do get weary hearing about a platform they don't use, because they prefer the BlackBerry they're on.
    03-20-14 07:17 AM
    Android is not very secure, that's why... it's like leaving the door to your house unlocked and hoping that an intruder doesn't come in.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 07:20 AM
    It's a BlackBerry forum. I don't think it's so much a hate, but members do get weary hearing about a platform they don't use, because they prefer the BlackBerry they're on.
    I do know few people who are recent BB10 users, and love to hate Android. They just say Android is a broken OS, not safe, etc. That's what made me curious, and somewhat felt bad and i migrated from BB recently, to Android. As the good BB10 phones are pretty expensive.

Android is not very secure, that's why... it's like leaving the door to your house unlocked and hoping that an intruder doesn't come in.
    Posted via CB10
    Explain to me in layman's term, that how unsecure it is. I'm do not download weird/shady apps
    03-20-14 07:33 AM
    I hate the layout of the menus. Even my 2 year old daughter prefers our ipad over her android nobby. And the ads on both android and apple is ridiculous. She can't even play a game without an adult closing ads every minute.

Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1.2141
    Attachment 256703
    Last edited by zack west; 03-20-14 at 07:48 AM.
    Andy_bb_king and BerryRipe like this.
    03-20-14 07:37 AM
    It's a world of haters. We here hate people that hate BlackBerry. :P

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 07:43 AM
    Android is what you make of it. It can be as secure as one needs it to be. Ads? If I had ads on my Android device, I simply wouldn't use it. If folks were so unsafe on Android or iOS, they simply wouldn't use those platforms.

I don't think everyone here hates Android or iOS. There will always be folks on every platform that hate other platforms (which, IMHO, is not healthy), but most tenured members can carry on a conversation about competing platforms without devolving to foaming at the mouth LOL. Having said that, enthusiasm towards everything BB should be expected.

Hate is such a strong word. I refuse to waste that emotion on cell phone platforms when real evil still exists in the world.
    03-20-14 07:48 AM
    I hate the layout of the menus. Even my 2 year old daughter prefers our ipad over her android nobby. And the ads on both android and apple is ridiculous. She can't even play a game without an adult closing ads every minute.

Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1.2141
    Attachment 256703
    But menus are so customizable
    It's a world of haters. We here hate people that hate BlackBerry. :P

Posted via CB10
    Yea, i guess. I've been using Blackberry when it was on OS4, that glorious pearl (trackball, curve 8320) .
    These new people with 10s try to teach me what's secure and what isn't. Kindof irritating. It is my first android, as i was on a tight budget, and all of this made me ask myself if it was really a good decision.

Android is what you make of it. It can be as secure as one needs it to be. Ads? If I had ads on my Android device, I simply wouldn't use it. If folks were so unsafe on Android or iOS, they simply wouldn't use those platforms.

I don't think everyone here hates Android or iOS. There will always be folks on every platform that hate other platforms (which, IMHO, is not healthy), but most tenured members can carry on a conversation about competing platforms without devolving to foaming at the mouth LOL. Having said that, enthusiasm towards everything BB should be expected.

Hate is such a strong word. I refuse to waste that emotion on cell phone platforms when real evil still exists in the world.
    You are a good guy
    03-20-14 08:02 AM
    why do everybody in here hates Android so much?
    Sorry but a dumb question to ask on a competitors website forum. Doh!

Posted via Verizon Z10 running OS v10.2.1.2174
    03-20-14 08:18 AM
    I think people fear what they don't understand. I think people hear things like "data mining" and "insecure" and their minds automatically assume the worst without taking the time to research what actually happens, or what BlackBerry's own policies are. Then misinformation just snowballs from there. I really don't understand why such hatred of other platforms, or calling users of those platforms names like iSheep, etc is so rampant here. I'm not a huge fan of iOS, but I don't go spouting off mistruths about it or talking about how much I dislike it. I don't really talk about it at all. To me that's not what being a BlackBerry fan is all about.
    03-20-14 08:42 AM
    Smartphone forums can be even more polarizing than politics or religion. Sad, but true.
    03-20-14 08:44 AM
    I hate Android. I admit it. I have my reasons, nobody is going to change my mind, but by the same token I think it would be pointless to bring them up here because people will try to change my mind anyway, and nothing positive could come of it. I don't dislike iOS or WP, I just greatly prefer BB10 over either of them. I'm a long time BB fan, and I much prefer to come here to discuss why I like it and find new ways to make the experience even better. Expressing my dislike toward Android would only get in the way of that.

But I do hate Android. With a passion.
    mk2234 and jsmith00075 like this.
    03-20-14 08:47 AM
    Smartphone forums can be even more polarizing than politics or religion. Sad, but true.
    BK, I believe you are correct... there are extremists. If some folks had their way, I think folks using platforms they don't like would be jailed.
    kbz1960, Cynycl, Drew808 and 1 others like this.
    03-20-14 08:48 AM
    i dont like android cause:

- too much advertise in the apps
    - i dont like how it works (gestures)
    - i can do things much faster on my bb

ps: i dont hate it, i just dont like it and prefer bb
    03-20-14 08:49 AM
    BK, I believe you are correct... there are extremists. If some folks had their way, I think folks using platforms they don't like would be jailed.
    Well, it's also part of the reason we strongly discourage the topics of politics and religion on our forums, too much and the place might go China Syndrome.....

But, on the other hand, intolerance of other platforms has gotten some people in trouble, I'm sad to say. And some people actually go try others, often briefly, and that brief experience can sour them totally to a platform.

It really isn't something that becomes second nature until you play with a device for a longer period of time. We are creatures that often dislike change, sometimes reacting in vicious, vitriolic ways.

And some are more vocal than others.
    03-20-14 08:52 AM
    We don't hate android, we just don't like it.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 08:52 AM
    Well, it's also part of the reason we strongly discourage the topics of politics and religion on our forums, too much and the place might go China Syndrome.....
    What is China Syndrome?

03-20-14 08:54 AM
    I think people fear what they don't understand. I think people hear things like "data mining" and "insecure" and their minds automatically assume the worst without taking the time to research what actually happens, or what BlackBerry's own policies are. Then misinformation just snowballs from there. I really don't understand why such hatred of other platforms, or calling users of those platforms names like iSheep, etc is so rampant here. I'm not a huge fan of iOS, but I don't go spouting off mistruths about it or talking about how much I dislike it. I don't really talk about it at all. To me that's not what being a BlackBerry fan is all about.
    Kinda like new os reboot or features missing from the first release compared to a month later? All platforms do it. Iphone and android users insult blackberry all the time without knowing what's really happening. Right or wrong it is to be expected. After the reboots and first update things got way better but yet the forums were full of hate, the remnants of that are possibly still a factor, people were tired of forums trolls coming in and insulting them for using blackbbery.

All in all this is a blackberry forum for BlackBerry users to hopefully help each other and not have to listen to their choice be constantly insulted. In my opinion it has become a lot nicer here than it was a few months back lol.

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    03-20-14 08:54 AM
    I think the runtime has created a more tolerant atmosphere. Somewhat.
    03-20-14 08:59 AM
    What is China Syndrome?

Theoretical uncontrolled nuclear reaction leading to extreme overheating causing an absolute meltdown of everything through the ground eventually settling at the core of the earth. If gravity were not in the way, the theory goes that it would melt it's way all the way through to China.
    Mangelhaft likes this.
    03-20-14 08:59 AM
    What is China Syndrome?

China Syndrome is a meltdown, called such because an uncontrolled reaction could 'melt' it's way to China, in a dramatic sense. There was a movie by that name in the late 70s, and it almost killed the nuclear power industry after creating a national panic, combined with the stupidity of the accident at the Three Mile Island nuclear power plant.

People often fear what they don't understand.
    Mangelhaft likes this.
    03-20-14 09:02 AM
    Kinda like new os reboot or features missing from the first release compared to a month later? All platforms do it. Iphone and android users insult blackberry all the time without knowing what's really happening. Right or wrong it is to be expected. After the reboots and first update things got way better but yet the forums were full of hate, the remnants of that are possibly still a factor, people were tired of forums trolls coming in and insulting them for using blackbbery.

All in all this is a blackberry forum for BlackBerry users to hopefully help each other and not have to listen to their choice be constantly insulted. In my opinion it has become a lot nicer here than it was a few months back lol.

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    Oh certainly, I agree that NO ONE should have their choice of platform insulted. And the trolls who come to CB with the sole purpose of antagonizing BB fans remind me of a weight loss support chat room I went to a long time ago. During voice meetings, trolls would routinely log on, open their mics, and proceed to eat chips and other loud foods. So charming.
    03-20-14 09:02 AM
    For me I feel the Android OS isn't as polished or professional as BlackBerry. Security is another issue. I also feel BlackBerry OS and experience flows smoother, it works properly without having to install this app or that one, functions are more natural and intuitive.

As for as on here, BlackBerry is struggling and working on re-establishing itself and the last thing it needs is its users wanting everything Android. Android this, Android that. If I wanted Android look, feel, functions, apps, etc., I would go back to that device and platform. I hated having to move to Android and I missed BlackBerry greatly, but at that time it was the best option for me. Thankfully OS10 came out and changed the game. We need to encourage development for BBOS and relying on Google isn't the way to get there. Sure, having the runtime allows us to run apps that aren't currently available to us but people on here talk as though they want Android OS on their BlackBerry device. Why are you even using BlackBerry? That's the confusing thought process that stirs up so much "hate".
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    03-20-14 09:05 AM
    Gotta have something to hate

No I don't hate any of them. I dislike a few but no reason to hate.
    03-20-14 09:11 AM
    I don't hate Android, I hate ios.

I prefer BB10 because Android is just too busy for me. Although yesterday I did use my safety points at work to get a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 for free. We'll see if I like it or not in tablet form, I might give it to my sister.

ios I actually hate because of the people around me who shove it in my face every chance they get. There are phone users, and then there are those who have fallen head first into the Kool-aid. I unfortunately have three family members who are like this. I try very hard not to discuss technology of any kind in front of them.

Posted via CB10
    TheScionicMan and Cyanide971 like this.
    03-20-14 09:23 AM
385 123 ...