This isn't exactly a post to get help with anything, just seeing if anyone else has the same opinion on this topic.

I've been seeing a lot of posts on Crackberry and other site's forums about how much greater their company (companies like RIM, HTC, Samsung, Apple, etc.) are. There are even posts that bash the same type of device that the website supports. Almost 100% of these posts are there because they are talking about how progressive said company is/n't. When I read stuff like this, I often think that I'm the only person that realizes progression of the company in future devices does not effect you and your device at the current time. So who cares if Android will have the first dual-core phone? I love my Blackberry, and sure, there are a few things that I'd like to change about it, but I'm not going to go on a rage about it in a forum.

It sounds corny, but "why can't we all get along"? "Apple copied Android", "Android copied Apple", "RIM copied webOS". Don't people realize that without the opposing company, there would be absolutely no progression or variety? Without one company making the first move, there would not be as many innovations in the mobile industry.

Just my thoughts. Feel free to argue/agree.
    diegonei likes this.
    01-02-11 10:12 PM
    People's opinions are too strong for everyone to just get along. Especially on internet forums.

That's as simple as I can put it.
    1812dave likes this.
    01-02-11 10:13 PM
    People's opinions are too strong for everyone to just get along. Especially on internet forums.

That's as simple as I can put it.
    But when will people realize that their opinions aren't facts?
    01-02-11 10:18 PM
    There are even posts that bash the same type of device that the website supports...
    That's the part I don't get.
    I prefer my BMW over Chevy, but I'm not going to hang out on the Chevy forum all day ******** about my old Malibu just because I used to own one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 10:32 PM
    That's the part I don't get.
    I prefer my BMW over Chevy, but I'm not going to hang out on the Chevy forum all day ******** about my old Malibu just because I used to own one.

But would you quit going to the forum if you like the people there? Even if you still help the folks from your previous experience?
    01-03-11 01:15 AM
    Drama makes the world go round.

01-03-11 01:33 AM
    But would you quit going to the forum if you like the people there? Even if you still help the folks from your previous experience?
    I would start meeting people on a new forum that catered to the product I was currently using.
    I don't like to spend my time on a dozen different forums.

I would accept the fact that I made a choice to change products, and I would move on with my life.

But that's me. Some people have a hard time moving on. Often it's because they feel insecure about their chose and are second guessing themselves. The bash the former product in an attempt to convince themselves that they made the right choice by switching.
    1812dave and homer1475 like this.
    01-03-11 02:38 AM
    This is one thing I wouldn't do, bash another company or product. I may have my opinions on it, but I wouldn't bash it. Even as a blackberry addict, I use linux and windows, don't plan on using a mac, I don't bash apple for being apple or google for being google, or RIM for being research in motion. Reasons why I haven't got a mac is the lockdown on the hardware steve jobs has employed. There isn't a way to diagnose anything if the bios goes on it, also because of the cost, which is often 3x more than anything else (sony follows along with their $899-1200 netbooks dubbed 'notebooks'). I would much like to save the cash and build my own dream computer instead of buying anything pre-built, or just wait 10-15 years until something much like LTE is made for the desktop computer world, most of everything is still 'AIO' or on-board, with not many slots for room, cause if a part happens to break, there's no way to replace it, if you don't have any free slots, you're screwed. I'm like a technology-conservative, who uses his hardware until it ceases to function at all, then I purchase something to last another 10-20 years. That's how I am. Same for my phone, netbook, VCR, TV (good old CRT), clocks, musicial instruments (keyboards) and radios/stereos.

ench18 and sedalia066 like this.
    01-03-11 04:02 AM
    I would start meeting people on a new forum that catered to the product I was currently using.
    I don't like to spend my time on a dozen different forums.

I would accept the fact that I made a choice to change products, and I would move on with my life.

But that's me. Some people have a hard time moving on. Often it's because they feel insecure about their chose and are second guessing themselves. The bash the former product in an attempt to convince themselves that they made the right choice by switching.
    Incase you failed to notice, there's an Android forum right here on CB. Why would I need to go elsewhere with that resource right here? If they didn't want Android or iPhone users here, why would they have subforums for those, huh?

I can tell you that I research purchases well enough that I second guess nothing. I like to keep an eye on BB happenings and rumors, because I'm not married to Android. I will go with whoever happens to make the device that best meets my needs at the time I'm ready to buy.

This September, the Droid 2 met my needs best. Who knows what will meet my needs the best next September or the one after that.

For the record, most of it isn't hate, it's frustration from knowing RIM has the resources to have put out a revamped OS years ago and devices with more power than "just enough to scrape by" like they have in the past. If RIM had bumped up their game a couple of years ago, far fewer of us would have gone to other platforms. By not producing a high end consumer device with an advanced OS and competitive hardware, they told some of us "go away, we don't want you as customers". If they ever come to their senses, I'm sure some of us will go back...
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 01-03-11 at 04:30 AM.
    middbrew and pantlesspenguin like this.
    01-03-11 04:21 AM
    I would definitely hope those that have been BB users in the past don't just get up and take their knowledge away when they move to a different type of device.

As for the OP, you are not alone. People do get too tied up in brand loyalty or the need to think they have the best. It is human nature to what to feel good about ones self and many time we associate what we own with who we are. Therefore, it can be easy to want something more from the product we associate with.
    01-03-11 08:07 AM
    I hate all the bashing....people like what they like...just leave it at that
    01-03-11 08:37 AM
    without differing opinions, the world would be a pretty boring place
    01-03-11 09:54 AM
    without differing opinions, the world would be a pretty boring place
    true to some extent, but I could do without the terrorists' ideas of who should thrive and who should die...
    01-03-11 10:36 AM
    valid. but consider the fact they also think 'i could do without those americans' ideas of who should thrive and who should die'

obviously i'm not advocating terrorism, but it all depends on your perspective...you'll have extremists with any opinion/idea; which really just stems from lack of understanding
    01-03-11 10:51 AM
    valid. but consider the fact they also think 'i could do without those americans' ideas of who should thrive and who should die'

obviously i'm not advocating terrorism, but it all depends on your perspective...you'll have extremists with any opinion/idea; which really just stems from lack of understanding
    Let's use these ideas to come up with an app for each platform that will sabotage a rival device.
    01-03-11 11:12 AM
    ^ there could be some serious ramifications of that...some of which i'm slowly putting together to someday turn into a screenplay. haha.

example: what if you could hack a device with a wifi hotspot to basically shut down any devices within range? or at least block all of the signals going to any other devices in the wifi range?

n00b: WTF! my barz are gones!!!
    haxx0r: QQ n00b. i have full bars. your ______ fail
    01-03-11 11:19 AM
    No hate. I loved my BBs (besides the 9700 because I went through 5 and I couldn't get one with half decent build quality) and I think RIM is a great company. I just think they are slacking and not bringing anything to the market that will drive their competition to do better. Hopefully 2011 is RIMs year to shine and make everyone else continue to push forward as well, because for the past few years, everyone else has been pushing technology forward while RIM has been at a standstill using the same tech in different packages.
    01-03-11 11:37 AM
    People just feel the need to justify that they made the "right" decision when they purchased whatever device they did.

Truth is, every single product out there has their own strengths and weaknesses. It's all a matter of what you're willing to trade off and live with.

This isn't like cheering for a sports team...you don't have to have a "die hard, us vs them" mentality when it comes to your choice of smartphone, game console, vehicle, etc
    01-03-11 11:39 AM
    The op has a point, I am fairly new to posting on Crackberry, although I have been coming here for quite a while. I have noticed that there is an inordinate amount of Blackberry bashing on the "Blackberry" forums. Crackberry furnishes forums for these other os phones, why not go there. Case in point was when the 9800 Torch came out. As far as the Torch was concerned probably most of the bashing was from those that didn't even own one. It's one thing to hang around a forum that you were a part of and you wish to help those that need it. It is a totally different situation to hang around a forum you used to a part of to bash the product the forum supports. Just say your goodbys and leave, if you have nothing good to say then just don't say anything. There is no accountability on the internet, so called tough guys can be just that and get away with it. In real life they are more than likely wimps. Crackberry is very leinient about such matters, so be it.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-03-11 12:04 PM
    The op has a point, I am fairly new to posting on Crackberry, although I have been coming here for quite a while. I have noticed that there is an inordinate amount of Blackberry bashing on the "Blackberry" forums. Crackberry furnishes forums for these other os phones, why not go there. Case in point was when the 9800 Torch came out. As far as the Torch was concerned probably most of the bashing was from those that didn't even own one. It's one thing to hang around a forum that you were a part of and you wish to help those that need it. It is a totally different situation to hang around a forum you used to a part of to bash the product the forum supports. Just say your goodbys and leave, if you have nothing good to say then just don't say anything. There is no accountability on the internet, so called tough guys can be just that and get away with it. In real life they are more than likely wimps. Crackberry is very leinient about such matters, so be it.
    Yes, they are VERY lenient. A far cry from Macrumors where anyone posting more than a couple of anti-apple comments gets banned. It would be nice if some of the more outrageously venomous anti-BB rhetoric was expunged from this site, but it's not happening.
    01-03-11 12:17 PM
    Yes, they are VERY lenient. ....
    WE is the pronoun that applies.

We collectively are the CrackBerry Community and We have a special place on the internet, the premier Smartphone forum.

I do appreciate the arguments for curtailing the obvious abuse, that is what the Moderator Report button is for.
    01-03-11 12:26 PM
    This isn't exactly a post to get help with anything, just seeing if anyone else has the same opinion on this topic.

I've been seeing a lot of posts on Crackberry and other site's forums about how much greater their company (companies like RIM, HTC, Samsung, Apple, etc.) are. There are even posts that bash the same type of device that the website supports. Almost 100% of these posts are there because they are talking about how progressive said company is/n't. When I read stuff like this, I often think that I'm the only person that realizes progression of the company in future devices does not effect you and your device at the current time. So who cares if Android will have the first dual-core phone? I love my Blackberry, and sure, there are a few things that I'd like to change about it, but I'm not going to go on a rage about it in a forum.

It sounds corny, but "why can't we all get along"? "Apple copied Android", "Android copied Apple", "RIM copied webOS". Don't people realize that without the opposing company, there would be absolutely no progression or variety? Without one company making the first move, there would not be as many innovations in the mobile industry.

Just my thoughts. Feel free to argue/agree.
    Errr.. last i checked RIM / Blackberry users gets bashed and humiliated the most on IOS / Android forums or blogs.... together with Nokia / Symbian of course.. no wonder both RIM / Nokia are fighting for 3rd place in the smartphone war.

You may not care if Android comes out with the first dualcore phone.. but consumers do after they listen to the tech savvy, gadget and tech gurus...

Crackberrians bash because they love their Blackberries and they actually do care and are concerned for RIM's future. The only issue here is that RIM isn't listening soon enough.

I'm fine if RIM keeps wanting to be a copycat and not a market leader or innovator. It only shows SJ is one helluva a futurist / entrepreneur / visionary and that is something his consumers are proud to be a part of.
    01-03-11 03:52 PM
    ...It only shows SJ is one helluva a futurist / entrepreneur / visionary and that is something his consumers are proud to be a part of.
    You forgot Messiah
    01-03-11 04:23 PM
    Having been part of the blu-ray / hd-dvd hi def wars. I can atest to how caught up in the emotion of these fan wars you can become. The difference I guess is that the hd-def war was going to come to an end, no one mobile platform is going to take over anytime soon.
    01-03-11 06:01 PM
    brand loyalty and self denial... for the longest i convinced myself the the BB/RIM would get better. or that my old 9700 was better than any other phone. Yes i was lying to myself and i secretly wanted an iphone4... but the wp7 OS came out and i took the leap. Oooo so happy. I had some serious issue with the 9700, 1. the 2-5min reboot time, the SMS glitch that RIM could never seem to fix, truncated emails, the email file size limit, all the times BIS went down and i couldn't read my mail, crappy web browser, limits app space... all those things i just accepted and told myself I have a BB. so yeah i was a loyal bb fan and hated on the competition out of jealousy and envy.

Lets be honest bumper or not the iPhone4 is pretty bad ***. Apple has made every phone company chase them and try and improve. Even RIM tried with the Storm, not sure if that's considered trying but it was an attempt at what not to do for future devices.
    01-03-11 06:51 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD