12-08-13 03:23 PM
27 12
tools
    Also, good marketing doesn't need to cost billions. Bieber was just asking for $200k or something like that. He would have been a gold mine for them. All the girls and teens would follow, which brings in everyone else and all the apps.
    You BlackBerry fans really are delusional thinking Bieber would have saved them!? Lol SMDH!

Sent from my BlackBerry - remember me!
    12-08-13 08:43 AM
    Yes, but the unsold inventory will only lose value over time and they have way too many unsold phones in inventory that don't seem to be selling well at all. The high price is definitely not helping either. Wouldn't it be better to just sell the unsold phones at a more attractive price(before they become worthless). That way, it makes sure the phones aren't just rotting in some warehouse and it helps build the BB eco-system. (to some extent)
    Again, you're looking at consumer market sales, and there, you are absolutely right.

BB is hoping that a bunch of big companies adopt BES10 and roll out BB10 phones in the near future. I'm not saying that will happen, but BB is counting on it, and they'll need phones to sell to those companies. Plus, they'll be able to get better margins for those phones from these companies than they can get on the consumer market, where they are selling them at cost or less (a loss either way).

Again, I'm not saying that this is the wisest strategy, but it's the strategy that BB has chosen. We'll have a better idea of how well it worked 6 months from now. If BB announces a bunch (i.e., hundreds or more) of big BES10 rollouts, then they made the right choice. If not, well, it won't be too late for a fire sale.
    12-08-13 03:23 PM
27 12