02-08-10 06:39 AM
65 123
tools
    Who caares if she's a mod, on a topic like this. For all you know, he works for Nokia.

And they're still consumer phones.. Just cause businesses use them doesn't make them any different. Even the iPhone can be used as one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The world is bigger than just the US and Canada. In other parts of the world, what we consider "consumer devices" are "business devices." Nokia is the most widely used business device in other parts of the world. Today's economy is global, and the global factors must always be taken into account.
    02-07-10 01:30 PM
    Alright.. Indirectly replying to my post. So, Nokia has better business phones? Lol.

02-07-10 01:35 PM
    Battery life - in my experience, Nokia is better
    Browser - Nokia WAY!!! better. Anything is really.
    Messaging - nod goes to Nokia
    Navigation - on par with each other but the Nokia UI is more intuitive IMO
    Video - BB wins. Better screen resolition
    Build quality - Nokia wins, hands down
    I doubt the battery life is better then the 9700 honestly I get up to 3 days off one charge with heavy use thats one thing the 9700 has over any smart phone I think.. I charge my 9700 every 2 days and when I plop it on the charger at 2 days it still has 50 percent left
    02-07-10 01:41 PM
    Who caares if she's a mod, on a topic like this. For all you know, he works for Nokia.
    That would be "he". No, I don't work in telecom at all

And they're still consumer phones.. Just cause businesses use them doesn't make them any different. Even the iPhone can be used as one.
    I have always made the point, even in relation to the BB. Most people see it
    as a business device but it comes down to what and how the individual uses it.
    02-07-10 01:41 PM
    I doubt the battery life is better then the 9700 honestly I get up to 3 days off one charge with heavy use thats one thing the 9700 has over any smart phone I think
    I'll have to take your word for it. The 9700 I have yet to use.
    02-07-10 01:44 PM
    Sorry about the she thing but I meant the other member you were argueing with, he could work for Nokia and be rooting for RIM so a mod and experience arguement is a weak one to me.

And yeah, but there is limitations sometimes because of how the phone is built and programmed because of who the phone's ideal owner is supposed to be.

02-07-10 01:52 PM
    I think no matter which way you flip the script its up to the person using the phone whether they like it better or not.. me personally I want nothing to do with nokia I get all my work done on my phone just fine but that doesn't mean nokia wont work for someone else
    02-07-10 01:56 PM
    My 9700 battery is about 3 days as well. I never had a phone last so long. I think it's great there are so many good phones to choose from. I know I love my 9700 and it does work as my office outside the office but if you prefer the Nokia then that works too. That satisfies my nice post quota for the month. I'm off to bully some android users. Just kidding.
    02-07-10 02:21 PM
    Loving my blackberry!!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-07-10 02:22 PM
    Having used many nokia handsets and many blackberrys I personally wouldn't use another nokia unless they improve drastically (would try the N900-maybe). The E71 was annoying, the d-pad was junk, the battery I found to be substandard and the keyboard was too cramped for me personally. The 9700 is a better handset for my personal needs (even though the browser is awful).

I tested the E72 in work the other day and will note that the camera is of superior quality to the 9700 but the overall feel of the phone was shoddy.
    Again these are my personal opinions.

This doesn't answer why the 9700 is more expensive handset, maybe its more desirable in specific markets at the moment or the parts used are of higher quality (doesn't mean the manufacturing process has been smoother)

02-07-10 02:32 PM
    Having used many nokia handsets and many blackberrys I personally wouldn't use another nokia unless they improve drastically (would try the N900-maybe). The E71 was annoying, the d-pad was junk, the battery I found to be substandard and the keyboard was too cramped for me personally. The 9700 is a better handset for my personal needs (even though the browser is awful).

I tested the E72 in work the other day and will note that the camera is of superior quality to the 9700 but the overall feel of the phone was shoddy.
    Again these are my personal opinions.

This doesn't answer why the 9700 is more expensive handset, maybe its more desirable in specific markets at the moment or the parts used are of higher quality (doesn't mean the manufacturing process has been smoother)

Is the 9700 more expensive than the E72 in the UK?
    02-07-10 02:35 PM
    I think no matter which way you flip the script its up to the person using the phone whether they like it better or not.. me personally I want nothing to do with nokia I get all my work done on my phone just fine but that doesn't mean nokia wont work for someone else
    Absolutely true. Anyone could pick up either device and have just as many positive things to say as the next person has negative things to say. Its what you like and what you are comfortable with. I bet in the end, both phones are probably more similar than different.

02-07-10 03:24 PM
    Absolutely true. Anyone could pick up either device and have just as many positive things to say as the next person has negative things to say. Its what you like and what you are comfortable with. I bet in the end, both phones are probably more similar than different.

nicely summed up.
    02-08-10 02:13 AM

If they are similar then why this price differance
    02-08-10 06:21 AM
    If they are similar then why this price differance
    pricing doesn't depend on whether a product is good or bad, per se.it depends on the pricing strategy of the concerned company.Also BBs are cheaper in North America than Nokia s because of carrier subsidy.
    02-08-10 06:39 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD