This week, using THAT toy and hackers device, I placed 62 families in
    emergency housing, put 142 teenagers in touch with appropriate
    counseling., added 112 new senior citizens to the Meals on Wheels program
    and provided fuel to 3 dozen households. Again, this was all out and away
    from my office.

Tell me again how the E71x is a toy.

I'll wait. And before you ask, In over 6 months my phone
    is 100% defect free.
    Your opinion is of no merit unless you've tried every BlackBerry, according to your "logic" since you said it beats every BlackBerry. Try learning how to argue before you paint yourself in a corner with your silly parlour tricks.

You seem very confused, the OP asked about the E72 and you want to bring proofs from your experience with one E71. The E71 and E72 are different phones. I guess you didn't know that, so maybe you're not such an expert on Nokias after all. What a shame.

You say all the time you talk mostly and do very little email and texting. I have handled the E71 and the keyboard is too small for me. But back to the original question, the E72 is not ready for prime time, and your experience with the E71 isn't relevant. The E72 has quality problems and can't be relied on for business use. Nokia has a policy of putting out alpha test phones and then fixing them over years of firmware upgrades. BlackBerry doesn't do that. Nokia = fail for business.

I didn't say the E71 is a toy, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. But I did say Nokias generally are great toys and hacker's phones. They're a lot of fun to hack and customize, but they have too many problems for serious businesss use. If you want to try to dispute this, then show me some enterprises that standardized on any Nokia phone. You won't find any, because they're consumer phones, not business phones.

Got it now?
    Last edited by F0nage; 02-05-10 at 03:50 AM.
    02-05-10 03:34 AM
    Still very wrong.

1) You have NO idea how many BlackBerrys I have handled.

2) There is zero confusion on my part between the E71 and the E72. My
    point is relevant as I have both (You do know you can buy these things unlocked
    ALL OVER THE GLOBE)

3) Your usage comment is asinine and false. I don't text but I make a
    huge amount of calls and get on average 400 emails a day. EVERY DAY
    and I have been very clear about that.

To bring this point home to you in real time here is my screen shot.
    Note the 303 over the emial icon. And the sun isn't even up yet.

4) The units I personally own belie your "defect" comment. But that is sort
    of like the BB. Some people never have an issue, some people do.

To answer your final question. You got nothing.
    02-05-10 03:45 AM
    The facts keep changing, how interesting! First you talked about the E71x and now you claim to have an E72 and an E71.

Your one fictitious E72 proves nothing, but reports from people who do have one prove otherwise. E72 has serious problems and isn't ready for prime time. Maybe it will be one day, but today it's not.
    02-05-10 03:52 AM
    Here's a post by one of the top Nokia/Symbian bloggers that talks about various problems with the E72 including the space bar bug:

Nokia E72 vs E71 Review – 7 Things I Hate | Symbian-Guru.com
    02-05-10 03:57 AM
    Keep telling yourself whatever makes you feel better.

Nokia owns over HALF of the smartphone market share worldwide.
    You want to take a run at quantifying how many of them are business
    users compared to BB users that are business only?

Go ahead and find a single review that somehow proves your point.
    I am not in any way swayed. Or impressed.
    02-05-10 03:58 AM
    Here's a post by one of the top Nokia/Symbian bloggers that talks about various problems with the E72 including the space bar bug:

Nokia E72 vs E71 Review � 7 Things I Hate | Symbian-Guru.com
    Not to get caught up in the fray, but the author of that article also has a piece that is titled "7 Things I Love about the E72". He also says in his first impressions that the device has gotten better to him to longer he has it. It seems like he actually enjoys the device. Incidentally, I would like to know from either or both of you (amazinggraceless/FOnage) how do the devices compare on such things like: battery life, web browsing, messaging, navigation, video, build quality. You know, the important stuff. What say you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 06:01 AM
    it's getting pretty HOT over here. We're overlooking the main issue here,rather than blowing personal attacks can we be a little more objective? Nokia's are good as a whole package but when the e-mail comes into play BB is the best.
    PS:i do own a E71(not the E71x) and i just love build quality and battery.Keypad is also comfy but I have never used the nokia messaging.
    02-05-10 07:38 AM
    it's getting pretty HOT over here. We're overlooking the main issue here,rather than blowing personal attacks can we be a little more objective? Nokia's are good as a whole package but when the e-mail comes into play BB is the best.
    PS:i do own a E71(not the E71x) and i just love build quality and battery.Keypad is also comfy but I have never used the nokia messaging.
    do u have a bb. If yes tell me which and do u prefer the bb's keyboard or the nokia

02-05-10 08:06 AM
    Why is the bold 9700 much more expensive than the nokia e72

Why is an automobile more expensive than a bicycle?

Toy vs a Machine!
    02-05-10 09:19 AM
    See the reviews here on amazon.com. Amazon.com: Nokia E72 Unlocked Phone including GPS with Free Voice Navigation -- U.S. Version with Full Warranty (Zodium Black): Cell Phones & Service

Most people prefer the E71 over the E72. From the reviews on amazon.com, the build quality of the E71 is said to be better.

I have no complaints about the build quality of the E71x I had. The metal housing was solid, as were the trackpad and keyboard.

As far as the OP's question, I think amazinglygraceless answered it. Since Nokia has a large market share worldwide, they can charge less for their devices.

Who knows? Maybe I'll try an unlocked Nokia device some day, since they are more reasonably priced now. I was highly dissatisfied with AT&T's version of a Nokia device. AT&T does not cripple their BlackBerrys as much. The E71 sounds like a great device, unlike the E71x (which could be great if it did not have the AT&T firmware).

@amazinglygraceless, is it possible to "jailbreak" the E71x to give it the features of the E71?
    Last edited by lak611; 02-05-10 at 10:57 AM.
    02-05-10 10:45 AM
    Sorry for my "tone" guys. There is no fray or drama. Mod or not I am still a member and I refuse
    to have someone who does not know me to impugn my integrity, or worse IMO to
    insult my intellect. I'm done.

@lak611 - Yes there are ways to work around the feature issue.
    02-05-10 02:16 PM
    (amazinggraceless/FOnage) how do the devices compare on such things like: battery life, web browsing, messaging, navigation, video, build quality. You know, the important stuff. What say you?
    Battery life - in my experience, Nokia is better
    Browser - Nokia WAY!!! better. Anything is really.
    Messaging - nod goes to Nokia
    Navigation - on par with each other but the Nokia UI is more intuitive IMO
    Video - BB wins. Better screen resolition
    Build quality - Nokia wins, hands down
    02-05-10 03:56 PM
    Thanks for your response. I have always liked Nokia devices, but they are rarely talked about in depth on this forum for obvious reasons.
    02-05-10 04:30 PM
    Is there a setting to optimize the battery on the E71x? I have no idea if I just had a lemon, but mine would start beeping and then die after only 6 hrs. I was a light user (maybe 3 emails, 5 minutes talking, 5 SMS, and check the weather on the Web). I am a heavy user of the BB 9000 (around 1.5-2 GB data per month, including a lot of streaming radio), and the battery always lasts all day. My ILoveBlackBerry app shows I use mine on average 2h 54m 23s per day, but that does not count the time when I am streaming radio and it goes idle after 60s, so the usage does not calculate using the app.

I no longer have the E71x, though. The folks in the AT&T store could not help me with the battery and email issues, so I returned it and got the BlackBerry 9000.
    02-05-10 11:01 PM
    do u have a bb. If yes tell me which and do u prefer the bb's keyboard or the nokia

if you can see my profile - i own the 8320.
    and if i have to compare the keypad of the BB with that of the E71,without any prejudice,i would say I'm comfortable with both.
    02-05-10 11:09 PM
    i would differ on the messaging. For me, atleast. BB messaging is better than the Nokia.
    02-05-10 11:12 PM
    Is there a setting to optimize the battery on the E71x? I have no idea if I just had a lemon, but mine would start beeping and then die after only 6 hrs. I was a light user (maybe 3 emails, 5 minutes talking, 5 SMS, and check the weather on the Web). I am a heavy user of the BB 9000 (around 1.5-2 GB data per month, including a lot of streaming radio), and the battery always lasts all day. My ILoveBlackBerry app shows I use mine on average 2h 54m 23s per day, but that does not count the time when I am streaming radio and it goes idle after 60s, so the usage does not calculate using the app.

I no longer have the E71x, though. The folks in the AT&T store could not help me with the battery and email issues, so I returned it and got the BlackBerry 9000.
    lak611 it seems like you have a defective handset.my E71 lasts for at least 3 days with heavy usage including calls,radio,music and surfing.
    02-05-10 11:15 PM
    lak611 it seems like you have a defective handset.my E71 lasts for at least 3 days with heavy usage including calls,radio,music and surfing.
    The folks at the store tried 3 other devices and could not get the email to work. After spending 6 hrs., they considered all 4 DOA and marked them "return to vendor." I told the AT&T store personnel that I wanted the BlackBerry 9000. It was more expensive, but the manager gave it to me for the same price as the Nokia E71x, since I put up with all that trouble and spent 6 hrs. in the AT&T store.
    02-05-10 11:20 PM
    if you can see my profile - i own the 8320.
    and if i have to compare the keypad of the BB with that of the E71,without any prejudice,i would say I'm comfortable with both.
    I had no problems typing on the E71x or BlackBerry 9000. The E71x keypad is smaller than that of of BlackBerry 9000, but it was easy for me to type on.

I would not rule out getting another Nokia smartphone. I just would not purchase one that is AT&T branded.

I also suspect that AT&T store personnel do not have much experience with Nokia smartphones. They spent 6 hrs. trying and failing to get 3 new devices to work, and they gave up on those devices, opting to send them back to Nokia as defective. It only took 5 minutes for these same folks to set up a BlackBerry.
    Last edited by lak611; 02-06-10 at 01:03 AM. Reason: typo
    02-05-10 11:27 PM
    @ lak - Bluz is right. There is no tweaking needed. Out of the box I found the
    battery life on both to be better.

As to the keypad the Bold 9000 is very hard to beat but I find the Nokia
    to be extremely comfortable.
    02-06-10 12:05 AM
    @ lak - Bluz is right. There is no tweaking needed. Out of the box I found the
    battery life on both to be better.

As to the keypad the Bold 9000 is very hard to beat but I find the Nokia
    to be extremely comfortable.
    I must have gotten a lemon then. Have you tried a BlackBerry 9700? If you have, how would you compare the keyboard to that of the E71x? I liked the E71x keyboard, but I did not like the 8900 keyboard (plus 3G was a dealbreaker for me--no EDGE only device). Is the 9700 keyboard more like the 8900 or E71x keyboard?
    02-06-10 01:07 AM
    The facts keep changing, how interesting! First you talked about the E71x and now you claim to have an E72 and an E71.

Your one fictitious E72 proves nothing, but reports from people who do have one prove otherwise. E72 has serious problems and isn't ready for prime time. Maybe it will be one day, but today it's not.
    You do realize you are talking to a Mod who has been here far, far longer than you, and has used craploads of BB models, right?

This will not end well.

EDIT

I see AG has handled it already. Cool beans. However, I will say insinuating a Mod is a brain damaged 2 year old with truth issues is not good forum behavior...
    Last edited by reeneebob; 02-06-10 at 11:57 AM.
    02-06-10 11:53 AM
    You do realize you are talking to a Mod who has been here far, far longer than you, and has used craploads of BB models, right?

This will not end well.

EDIT

I see AG has handled it already. Cool beans. However, I will say insinuating a Mod is a brain damaged 2 year old with truth issues is not good forum behavior...
    well,mod or no mod it's not good to be impolite or insinuate other members? We are all here to discuss and mutually solve any problems we experience with our handsets.So no point in offending others.
    02-07-10 02:29 AM
    If you want to try to dispute this, then show me some enterprises that standardized on any Nokia phone. You won't find any, because they're consumer phones, not business phones.
    Sorry, but I have to jump into this. Most (if not all) businesses in Finland use Nokia and this was actually the reason why BlackBerry wasn't deployed here, because enterprises already had satisfying solutions from Nokia. I know many who are in the "biz" from graphics designers to IT people. I had personal experience with an E72 and didn't notice any issues you have been talking about. Quality control seems to be higher here than there, because I've yet to hear anyone here with an E72 complain about something. Nokia is really big in business use, maybe even exceeding the numbers of businesses using BlackBerry in the US.
    02-07-10 03:19 AM
    Who caares if she's a mod, on a topic like this. For all you know, he works for Nokia.

And they're still consumer phones.. Just cause businesses use them doesn't make them any different. Even the iPhone can be used as one.

02-07-10 10:23 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD