Why is the bold 9700 much more expensive than the nokia e72

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 01:41 PM
    Because the 9700 is a newer device, and is priced as such. I'm not sure how things are across the Atlantic, but over here in the states it is also a much more popular device than the e71x, and draws a premium as well. I also personally feel it is a superior device to the e71x, but that's just my opinion, and I'm guessing the opinion of the provider, and they charge a premium on that as well.
    02-04-10 01:45 PM
    Because it actually works for what it was designed for?
    02-04-10 01:47 PM
    Because the 9700 is a newer device, and is priced as such. I'm not sure how things are across the Atlantic, but over here in the states it is also a much more popular device than the e71x, and draws a premium as well. I also personally feel it is a superior device to the e71x, but that's just my opinion, and I'm guessing the opinion of the provider, and they charge a premium on that as well.
    The E72 is newer than the 9700 but it has a show-stopping bug: the space bar sometimes stops working until you reset the device. The 9700 is really a superior platform in every way, the OP's question is not a question.
    02-04-10 01:50 PM
    What do u mean by op's question

02-04-10 01:51 PM
    The 9700 is really a superior platform in every way, the OP's question is not a question.
    BS, not a single BlackBerry outperforms the E72. Heck not a single BlackBerry
    outperforms the E71x.

I have the E71x and it has completely replaced my BB as my primary device.
    Have you actually used both?
    02-04-10 02:02 PM
    outperforms the E71x.

any other one who used both

02-04-10 02:07 PM
    Responding to A/G:

No, I just went through the process of comparing the E72 to available BBs and I found enough reports of the space bar bug and quality defects to convince me not to take a chance on buying one. Nokia's quality is a mess, I have had a handful of Nokias and I have one now.

How can you say a qwerty phone with a keyboard that doesn't register keys properly and has a space bar bug widely reported is a phone worth buying?

I understand the E71 was highly regarded and was one of those magic phones that "just worked" but having had enough Nokias over the years to know, there's no way they can be good business phones. Nokia's firmware debacles go on and on and on without end. They're great toys and hacker's phones but there's no way in **** I would bet my business on one.
    02-04-10 02:07 PM
    outperforms the E71x.

How is the Nokia E72 and E71x better than the other BBs? I am very curious to know.

02-04-10 07:12 PM
    Once in awhile we get one of these nokia fanboi infiltrated us here on cb...lol.

02-04-10 07:20 PM
    I have both.

Yes, the Nokia can handle it own compared to my 9700. The ability to turn the device into a WiFi Hotspot is priceless, storing and running apps off the memory card is great. I prefer the keyboard, less use of the function key on the Nokia.
    02-04-10 07:24 PM
    I had a Nokia E71 and it's not a bad phone imo. But I got bored of it after a couple of week so I gave it to my girlfriend and she didn't like it so she gave it to her sister which she didn't like either so she gave it to her little cousin....because the little cousin is only 15 he has no say in which phone he can have. My girlfriend and her sister are on Blackberry now and they are on it like 24/7 I swear. LOL
    02-04-10 07:29 PM
    The device came 2 months ago and you can get it for $99 at Best Buy for for free from the Crackberry store.
    02-04-10 07:42 PM
    outperforms the E71x.

The original E71 is a great device. The E71x is probably the worst example of what AT&T can do to cripple something great.
    02-04-10 07:47 PM
    Responding to A/G:

No, I just went through the process of comparing the E72 to available BBs and I found enough reports of the space bar bug and quality defects to convince me not to take a chance on buying one. Nokia's quality is a mess, I have had a handful of Nokias and I have one now.

How can you say a qwerty phone with a keyboard that doesn't register keys properly and has a space bar bug widely reported is a phone worth buying?

I understand the E71 was highly regarded and was one of those magic phones that "just worked" but having had enough Nokias over the years to know, there's no way they can be good business phones. Nokia's firmware debacles go on and on and on without end. They're great toys and hacker's phones but there's no way in **** I would bet my business on one.

My response is that you answered my original question with NO so your
    opinion if of no merit.

As to running a business with one, I run a very successful municipal
    social services agency and use the E71x exclusively while away from my
    desk.

This week, using THAT toy and hackers device, I placed 62 families in
    emergency housing, put 142 teenagers in touch with appropriate
    counseling., added 112 new senior citizens to the Meals on Wheels program
    and provided fuel to 3 dozen households. Again, this was all out and away
    from my office.

Tell me again how the E71x is a toy.

I'll wait. And before you ask, In over 6 months my phone
    is 100% defect free.
    02-04-10 08:05 PM
    opinion if of no merit.

desk.

from my office.

I'll wait.
    It's definitely not a toy. You would probably like an original E71 better, though. It has a lot more features, since AT&T didn't get their hands on it.
    02-04-10 08:08 PM
    opinion if of no merit.

desk.

from my office.

I'll wait.
    All that with a cup of black coffee in your other hand all day
    02-04-10 08:17 PM
    All that with a cup of black coffee in your other hand all day
    'sho ya right brother
    You know me too well
    02-04-10 08:37 PM
    opinion if of no merit.

desk.

from my office.

I'll wait. And before you ask, In over 6 months my phone
    is 100% defect free.
    I agree with you on this part.E71, IMO, is a superior device to any BBs.I have used both and like the Nokia.However,I'm just curious have you used the Nokia Messaging? is it worth comparing to the BIS?
    02-04-10 10:34 PM
    I agree with you on this part.E71, IMO, is a superior device to any BBs.I have used both and like the Nokia.However,I'm just curious have you used the Nokia Messaging? is it worth comparing to the BIS?
    AT&T disables Nokia Messaging on the E71x. http://nokiaexperts.com/att-nokia-e71x-tips/

http://nokiaexperts.com/good-bad-ugly-att-nokia-e71x/
    Last edited by lak611; 02-04-10 at 10:46 PM.
    02-04-10 10:41 PM
    thanks for the info lak;i wasn't aware that Nokia Messaging is not available on the ATT. However,it's available in my country and was so curious to know.
    02-04-10 11:18 PM
    thanks for the info lak;i wasn't aware that Nokia Messaging is not available on the ATT. However,it's available in my country and was so curious to know.
    That's why I posted what I did in post #17.
    02-04-10 11:21 PM
    That's why I posted what I did in post #17.
    ok. i get it. however, do you have any rating regarding the nokia messaging? is it good?
    02-04-10 11:34 PM
    ok. i get it. however, do you have any rating regarding the nokia messaging? is it good?
    I don't know. I had the E71x for about 3 weeks and took it back for my BB 9000, since I did not like the E71x, as offered by AT&T. I couldn't afford to get the unbranded E71. I had issues with poor battery life and problems with the email on the E71x.
    02-04-10 11:36 PM
    I don't know. I had the E71x for about 3 weeks and took it back for my BB 9000, since I did not like the E71x, as offered by AT&T. I couldn't afford to get the unbranded E71. I had issues with poor battery life and problems with the email on the E71x.
    ok. appreciate you help.
    02-04-10 11:39 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD