I don't find the BB10 browser to be an issue. If I happen to run into a flash issue, I open in Firefox
    Firefox is going to drop Flash too. Too bad there still are web sites that use it, that I need. I asked Jacquie Lawson Cards why they still use Flash. The answer was instructions on how to download Flash on my computer LOL. Eventually, I guess, they will have to change.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>< Lumia950
    07-26-16 07:41 AM
    I can see why they did it, but it's really too bad BB killed flash support; being able to use flash-supported web apps alongside BB10 apps would mitigate much of the app gap without having to resort to side loading
    BB didn't kill FLASH... the market and Adobe did. At this point it's a pretty big security risk, especially when you don't update your browser.
    07-26-16 07:43 AM
    Just install the flash driver for your BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 08:46 AM
    This is what I did last year, but it turned out to be unnecessary. I carried that stupid tablet around for six months before I realized that I simply didn't need it. I have found that there isn't a single Android ( or iOS) app I need when I'm away from my office or house. So, now I keep an Android tablet at the office and an iPad tablet at home, but I never really turn either of them on.

Now, when I'm mobile, i carry my bb10 phone for communications and my laptop PC for everything else.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 08:59 AM
    Then again, there are some folks that didn't have a problem with the apps available in the BlackBerry World in conjunction with the alternatives solutions to the app gap (Amazon, Snap,Good Reader App Store, etc..).
    It opened multi-source solutions.
    And with the Passport, having a tablet became less significant when one device can get the job done .

But, it's the fact that access to those solutions may go away, is the issue to many.

A BlackBerry Fan
    Last edited by KNEBB; 07-29-16 at 01:11 PM.
    07-26-16 09:49 AM
    My plan is to order bb10 phones for as long as I can find them. But for apps, I can easily do everything on a iPad or android tablet.

Literally every app can work on a tablet except for whatsapp, right?

Posted via CB10
    Or, just get a Android or iOS phablet, and have the best of both worlds.

Oh wait, they are already doing that.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    07-26-16 12:57 PM
    Sure, if you want to. You could extrapolate that to any browser. The difference would be are those browsers being updated. In the case of the Macbook, yes. BB10's not so much and it will continue to degrade over time.
    Yes, the browser could be updated and should be updated with security patches, but if the standards have not changed, there is no reason why a two-year-old browser would not work as fast as two years ago.

The software hasn't changed and neither has the hardware. They only reason for slowness would be network problems or lack of memory space on the phone.

My 4-year old linux laptop and its 4-year-old browser work as fast now as they did 4 years ago. It might not work on all sites, but that is a different story.

My BlackBerry browser (with Zeus backup for flash) works on all sites that my Macbook Safari or Firefox browsers work on.
    If I enable all security features in my Safari browser, it doesn't work on a lot of websites.
    That's not because there is anything wrong with the browser, it's simply because the website is trying to do things on my Mac that I don't allow it to do.

So, there is a a lot of misinformation here propagated by those who, for whatever unexplained reason, want people to abandon bb10. The browser is one of them.
    07-26-16 08:04 PM
    Or, just get a Android or iOS phablet, and have the best of both worlds.

Oh wait, they are already doing that.
    It would be great if that were true. However, BB10 is demonstrably superior to both Android and iOS for high volume message handling. For a small minority of users, including me, a move to either iOS or Android would be a measurable step backward in daily productivity and satisfaction that is not worth the increased availability of third party apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 11:40 PM
    And once again John Chen breaks more hearts and dashes more dreams when it is announced they will no longer be supporting Blackberry Blend. Boxing the remaining faithful in the corner and dangling the Priv by Blackberry and the more affordable Dtek 50.
    08-24-16 12:10 PM
    Hello,

A while back, I posted a similar sort of question, based on thinking about my (and perhaps others) actual needs in using devices and what those devices are used for.

My thought is that having core communications in a small device I could always have on me (perhaps even a wearable) would be ideal, if coupled with a larger device (Tablet), which was essentially nothing more than a screen and input device (keyboard).

Theoretically, I'd carry a fully capable computer in a watch, which I can access at a glance, but if I want to do more, I pull out the Screen/keyboard.

That's similar to what the OP is saying: Carry the BB10 device, which handles the core functions well (in my case communications), and then a secondary device for the less vital things...in my case Android Apps (theoretically).

The Dual Device setup is something I'm experimenting with. The Passport and DTEK50 (running off Wi-Fi hotspot). One could easily do this with a Tablet as well, since a non-activated phone is really not much different.

KAM
    08-24-16 03:37 PM
    I'll be honest . I am probably more productive with my company now that I have made the switch to android. I love my bb10 devices. But at the end of the day , android Is just better for business. I have 3 email accounts. My invoice creator is an android app.(way better than any of the ones in bbw). I have sd820 and 4gb ram. So specs and performance are not an issue. I have a dual camera setup one regular 16mp shooter that does well in basically all conditions. And a wide angle Lens that helps when I take photos of jobs in small spaces to capture the whole scene. I used to feel like the flow of bb10 helped me be faster in everyday messaging and email. But after less playing around just getting things to work. Or lack of support. I need a fully functional fb app as my company uses it as a marketing tool. The browser worked but not like a native app. I think most people using BlackBerry are afraid to make the switch and luckily I never did. I have been using two devices (bb and android since the motorola dext was launched in Canada) and I grew to like BlackBerry more for a while for its stability but android has caught up. Just don't buy a ****ty android phone. As for security. Learn safe practices. I don't feel like my personal info is any more at risk now than its ever been. I don't feel like I or anyone in the general public is an ideal target for hacking type crimes. If someone wants to steal my debt and turn it into a more profitable business for me please go. Bottom line. No one is going to carry a android tablet and a BlackBerry phone when a good android phone can already do it all.

Posted via G5 with hub+
    Troy Tiscareno and MikeX74 like this.
    08-24-16 04:55 PM
    By that logic no one would ever carry a tablet at all.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 06:42 PM
    There is only one issue at play here. That is that BlackBerry is not developing BB10 while other platforms are making various improvements while maintaining their existing strengths. Namely apps.

However, whether or not an android can do X,Y or Z doesn't preclude the possibility of a combination of devices doing X, Y and/or Z better. 'Better' is up to the individual user.

For 95% of what I use my mobile for, BB10 is still better, despite Blackberry's effective abandonment of the platform. That speaks pretty highly of what it could have been technologically.

KAM

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 06:48 PM
    Oh well just like the PlayBook died and some people still want it to rise from the dead, NOT going to happen and all BB10 phones will continue to work for many years to come but in time you will need to make a switch to a new version of BB or Apple or a all android, what wlse ya going to do send fricking Smoke signals??
    08-24-16 07:01 PM
64 123