If they make another PlayBook, they should stay away from anything OLED. LED, like the Z10, is the way to go. Look at how dim the screen is on a Q10....pathetic. I say stay with LED!

Posted Via Z10
    01-18-14 03:12 PM
    Here's a better question:

Why doesn't BlackBerry make BlackBerry Desktop Software for BB10 devices that support both Windows and Mac?
    campbecw likes this.
    01-18-14 03:23 PM
    Since desktop computers are essentially becoming touchscreen tablets with keyboards, I believe that whereas the Playbook suffered from bad timing, coming out with a "get work done" style tablet at this time, when that is becoming a new industry standard, would be fantastic. I did NOT want to buy a Playbook at the time. But if they came out with a BB10 tablet similar to the Microsoft Surface (which tanked, granted) that was beefy and as integrated as the BB10 phones are, I'd buy the hell outta that. As long as the battery life was as fantastic as the Z30's :P
    01-18-14 03:29 PM
    If they make another PlayBook, they should stay away from anything OLED. LED, like the Z10, is the way to go. Look at how dim the screen is on a Q10....pathetic. I say stay with LED!

Posted Via Z10
    Isn't the z10 lcd?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 03:42 PM
    Look at NEST. Was a simple, relatively inexpensive device that took off that was just a thermostat. They have expanded out to now smoke and carbon monoxide detection too and were recently bought by Google for $3.2 Billion. They need to branch out beyond just a phone but these devices need to work with Bb10. Maybe even released under another brand name. I think desktop is not the way to go. Tablets, phones, and devices that interact with phones and tablets is going to be where growth is. Startups do a lot with less than BlackBerry has now. BlackBerry needs to learn how to be nimble and put their engineering and patents to work on new, non phone things. If they can't then they will die.

Posted via CB10
    I agree here with the new brand name. But seriously though now is not the time especially after the downsizing

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 03:44 PM
    I'd love to see this happen one day.

BRON: a cron-like scheduler for BlackBerry 10 : http://apps.oddelement.com
    01-18-14 05:14 PM
    I would personally like to see another Blackberry tablet. I would also like to see a new Blackberry phone on Verizon that's smaller than the Z30 but that's another conversation. I would say though if they ever did a laptop with their Blackberry security I would not hesitate to get it. A Blackberry tablet, phone and laptop would be a nice combo.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-18-14 06:56 PM
    Since desktop computers are essentially becoming touchscreen tablets with keyboards ....
    01-18-14 09:20 PM
    I can't tell if your scoffing or laughing at the situation. But when I see the Surface and what Windows has done with Windows 8, the plethora of new touchscreen laptops, desktop computers, and the super slim ultra books, I see an eventual convergence of what we currently distinguish as Laptop vs. Tablet.... Laplet anyone? I mean, we already have phablets so why not haha

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    01-19-14 12:57 AM
    Because they have enough trouble now making money on devices now, you want them to produce a desktop computer? Do you want to REALLY sink the company? I assure you, dumping money into a desktop computer will certainly do it. I can imagine the write down on all those components right now. Get the smartphone business in order first.
    No clearer answer than this...

Sent from multiple devices using Tapatalk
    01-19-14 01:17 AM
    Maybe Blaze should be the CEO then.

Posted Via Z10
    01-19-14 06:10 AM
    I agree here with the new brand name. But seriously though now is not the time especially after the downsizing

Posted via CB10
    They had to downsize because they had grown ineffectively due to mismangement. We have all read the stories of how disfunctional the company was, especially through the transition. They grew for the sake of growing. Now they need to focus what they have left to do more than just phones, and software to support the phones.

Nest had about 100 employees in 2011, and up to 200 when bought by Google for $3.2 Billion. You can do a lot with a little with good management. Now if the people that BlackBerry can't do projects like this then more downsizing needs to occur and they need to hire people who can. I personally think there is just a very poor culture in Waterloo where they became lazy with success in early 2000's and have had to buy other companies from outside of the area to get a new OS out (TAT, QNX, etc).
    darkehawke and DrBoomBotz like this.
    01-19-14 07:08 AM
112 ... 345