Also, I think BlackBerry should make CRT televisions.
    01-14-14 11:48 AM
    In OP's defense, I'd buy a BlackBerry 10 desktop.

Posted via CB10
    sound like you will buy anything BB put out. OP have not give one word description on this BB desktop and you say u will buy it. lol and ppl call iphone fans sheep
    Ray III, blackmoe, Rello and 1 others like this.
    01-14-14 11:57 AM
    If they do have a move to make, they should do a tablet that can be used like a laptop.... but timing is wrong for the moment.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 12:06 PM
    Here is exactly what you're going to see:

The BlackBerry OS will have a UI that will allow you to interact with your device on an already existing desktops/systems/displays. It will offer access to the Hub, SMS, BBM, Email, Cal, Contacts and other essential stuff from your device. It can be connected in several different ways. Be it one or the other eg: HDMI, USB, WiFi, WiFi Direct and Miracast. Most of the groundwork for this is already done. It's just a matter of waiting for BlackBerry to put it all together and send it off to the people.

Why doesn't BlackBerry make a Desktop Computer as well as a new 7.0" tablet?-blackberry_blend_dashboard.jpg
    FlashFlare11 and just_luc like this.
    01-14-14 03:47 PM
    Thread topic question: "Why doesn't BlackBerry make a Desktop Computer as well as a new 7.0" tablet?"

Answer: Because BBRY isn't stupid.

Next question.
    01-14-14 04:03 PM
    Because they have enough trouble now making money on devices now, you want them to produce a desktop computer? Do you want to REALLY sink the company? I assure you, dumping money into a desktop computer will certainly do it. I can imagine the write down on all those components right now. Get the smartphone business in order first.
    True Blaze, but Windows is totally brutal and BB10 is slick. I have literally abandoned my windows 8 computer. I only use it to rip cd's. I use my z30 for everything. If you are a person that browses the Internet, writes the odd doc, spreadsheet, presentation via BlackBerry Express etc, then we only need a z30 with a perifial docking station. Windows has so much malware, viruses and bloatware it's getting nearly impossible to use. Also Windows 8 has become an app nightmare thrown on top of popular programs, along with poor driver support for IT departments. I really think a docking station can provide a large majority of people with clean and fast OS to do what most people do with home computers.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    01-14-14 04:30 PM
    Here is exactly what you're going to see:

The BlackBerry OS will have a UI that will allow you to interact with your device on an already existing desktops/systems/displays. It will offer access to the Hub, SMS, BBM, Email, Cal, Contacts and other essential stuff from your device. It can be connected in several different ways. Be it one or the other eg: HDMI, USB, WiFi, WiFi Direct and Miracast. Most of the groundwork for this is already done. It's just a matter of waiting for BlackBerry to put it all together and send it off to the people.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry_Blend_Dashboard.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	238643
    This is coming and will be very nice. However, a docking station allows me not to have to buy that computer in the first place. You can buy an external HD for 70 bucks, keyboard, mouse, monitor and printer for next to nothing. Each family member when in need of the PC feel, can walk up, plug in, do their work, unplug and leave with all their goods. Backup left on the drive or cloud. Your choice.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 04:43 PM
    A desktop computer is way more reliable than any laptop though. Just saying...

Posted Via Z10
    Really ... my MacBook Pro is now 5 years old .. trouble free. Perhaps you were using HP.
    01-14-14 04:48 PM
    Why do people seek attention raising silly questions? Why am I even here putting my 2 pence?

Seriously, it's either you all do not pay attention to economics and internal operations of the organization. Why in the heavens would BlackBerry make computers?
    01-14-14 04:52 PM
    Bad idea, blackberrys are not selling that good as they are, never mind a Desktop computer, they need to work on there Smartphones and get more money before they start on anything bigger like this!

Maybe in the future if blackberry eventually do well
    01-14-14 04:56 PM
    Dumb terminals in desktop and laptop form would make fantastic third party products.

For the laptop, lift up the keyboard, place the phone below, attach the two wires, enjoy! Extra battery, large screen, keyboard, touch pad mouse (with real buttons), USB ports, SD card slot. Very useful.

For the desktop, I think this would be a neat product for Commodore - attach the phone inside the keyboard, hook up mouse and monitor to it. Perhaps even have a 2.5" hard drive for storage, which can run GNU/Linux or BlackBerry 10 directly using an ARM SoC. When the phone is plugged in, the Commodore SoC becomes a coprocessor, like the olden days of x86.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 06:11 PM
    They should focus on their mobile phone business before opening another Pandora's box. Once in shape they can think about developing tablet. Yet much consumer trust was lost with the PlayBook. For the next yl5 years they should focus on mobile phone.

Posted with my amazing Z10
    01-14-14 06:33 PM
    They could just buy out ios and android and windows phone and own the market with the trillions they don't have

Via CB10, Brklyn, NY
    01-14-14 06:38 PM
    Once the mobile situation is fixed, tablet then computer maybe.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:10 PM
    Blackberry version of unix? I cannot imagine what a Blackberry mouse would look like ....
    01-14-14 08:19 PM
    It would be interesting to see a Desktop Computer from BlackBerry as well as a new tablet. Let me know what you think.

Posted Via Z10
    oh, will it run on Windows 8 or Ubuntu?
    01-14-14 08:22 PM
    Now isn't the time but that would be kinda cool to one day see a BlackBerry computer/tab/phone family

Posted via Q10
    01-14-14 08:24 PM
    Because they have enough trouble now making money on devices now, you want them to produce a desktop computer? Do you want to REALLY sink the company? I assure you, dumping money into a desktop computer will certainly do it. I can imagine the write down on all those components right now. Get the smartphone business in order first.
    You've got a point but there's no way BlackBerry can stream in enough revenue to grow their business.. Samsung, Microsoft, Google, Apple, Sony, etc. All have a source of revenue from devices other than mobile.. I've thought about this but I too think nobody would buy into it, it's simply too late..

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 09:19 PM
    It would be interesting to see a Desktop Computer from BlackBerry as well as a new tablet. Let me know what you think.

Posted Via Z10
    Because the real money is to be made in the software not the completed hardware device. Look at the biggest companies in the world, Microsoft and Google, they make nothing but software. The benefit is that software you make once and copy it a billion times. The only people that make make money on hardware are the people that make the parts to put the computer together.

As for the tablet, I agree, I would love to see a PlayBook 2 or what it should have been called from the beginning "Black Pad" but that scar still runs too deep in BlackBerry. I think once JC gets the company making money and the stock price around $50, (I hope, I own shares) that they will consider making a tablet again.

TH was right about one thing regarding the tablet space, not that it will go away but that it will change dramatically in the near future. Phablets are getting better and better and bigger pretty much cutting into the table space.

If BlackBerry gets their house in order, starts making money again I think they can get back into tablets with something innovative once the space becomes more defined.

Posted Via Q10 Super Phone
    01-14-14 10:53 PM
    Why can they not make a new tablet now? Every other company in their right mind, would keep up with the rest of them. BlackBerry keeps dilly dallying around, trying this and that, and conjuring up this and that idea, making prototypes, but not mass producing them.

It's a case of dreaming too much, and not putting the money where your mouth is.

The company really needs to start acting like, say, Apple, and developing, releasing new items quickly, in order to "compete", as they'd like to put it.

Seriously guys, dreaming about QNX cars isn't doing much to keep you afloat. You need to manufacture items that everyday people use, and develop and release them rather quickly.

One, being a new BB10 tablet.
    For heaven's sake, everyone else has one! Except BlackBerry!
    Pablet? Come on. Stop with the excuses. The phones are getting up to 7.0" now already anyways, so why not just give us a freaking tablet to begin with? They are coming back up to 7.0" anyways!

Duh!

At the rate their going now, I wish them well.

Posted Via Z10
    01-14-14 10:59 PM
    Did they take out those fancy, self reclining, self elevating chairs yet at BlackBerry? Did they? Got a little too comfy eh guys......

Now, they have to move. And fast.

Make some good items blackberry, such as a new tablet, a new I-pod type device and start competing with your competition.

Make the same items they do, or it won't be long you'll be closing up shop.

Posted Via Z10
    01-14-14 11:06 PM
    I WISH! Buy it in a second, given it worked properly and not like the early days of the playbook.

I'd like to see a Foxconn designed tablet.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 01-15-14 at 12:33 AM.
    01-15-14 12:16 AM
    Tablet they need, laptop they do not. With a proper dock they can turn a phone or tablet into a desktop. Then their is the issue that most users of desktops, especially in business where BlackBerry is going to target, require M$ Office which is not available and Docs to Go is not a replacement for.

Posted via CB10
    It always struck me as odd that a company named Microsoft with such strong integration with BlackBerry Enterprise Server via Microsoft Exchange Server refused to develop a Microsoft Office suite for BlackBerry smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 01:02 AM
    What if Blackberry marketed it to the business people and add everything there is about enterprise and business apps and bbm and everything?

Note im not expert on the enterprise side.. was just thinking if theres a business phone.. then make a business notebook. And sell it to the appropriate persons.Government, Business, School,banks

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 01:08 AM
    That business notebook was SUPPOSSED To be the PlayBook!
    See BlackBerry, people really do want a new tablet so we can have something large but easily accessible and useable on the go.

It's time to develop and release a new BB10 tablet with Complete office suite from Microsoft, Fully bridge and BBM, and bring back LTE versions too.

Posted Via Z10
    01-15-14 06:00 AM
112 1234 ...