say for example you have a 9900 like me, running the same software as me. but you have issues such as random resets or lag issues. why is that?

we have the same software, the same internals.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-25-12 04:41 PM
    Now that's a million dollar question, I've been wondering about that for years. I have no clue why, but know it's strange and true
    07-25-12 04:50 PM
    I'm going to hazard a guess that is has very little to do with the phones
    and a lot to do with the users. Sort of a group-think things in my opinion.

My reason for this opinion is that in the real world where I encounter hundreds
    of users of various BlackBerry devices I rarely hear of these issues and certainly
    not to the extent as I do here.

On this site, for instance, you get ONE person mention a "lag" or some other
    random issue and there will be an enormous bandwagon of "ME TOOs". Mind
    you, these "me toos" never noticed the issue(s) or thought it / them important until just then.
    Spencerdl and pantlesspenguin like this.
    07-25-12 05:04 PM
    Its cheaper to employee children to manufacture things but goddamn are they ever ups. No consistancy at all. They need better training before they are allowed on that asssembly line.
    07-25-12 06:22 PM
    Everybody has different settings and setups. Different number of email accounts, memory cards, files on their device storage, etc....
    07-25-12 06:31 PM
    It could be the environment/network. Blackberrys that have to strain for a weak signal will have a reduced battery life, and overloaded networks can slow down internet access.
    07-25-12 07:14 PM
    I think the OS is the cause of most of the issues. I find wiping the device and re loading the 0S helps a lot most of the time.
    07-25-12 07:25 PM
    I'm going to hazard a guess that is has very little to do with the phones
    and a lot to do with the users. Sort of a group-think things in my opinion.

My reason for this opinion is that in the real world where I encounter hundreds
    of users of various BlackBerry devices I rarely hear of these issues and certainly
    not to the extent as I do here.

On this site, for instance, you get ONE person mention a "lag" or some other
    random issue and there will be an enormous bandwagon of "ME TOOs". Mind
    you, these "me toos" never noticed the issue(s) or thought it / them important until just then.
    Placebo effect... I can see that! I have had very few proble.s with my berries other thhan the big general known issues; such as when I had a 9700 running OS6 the memory leak issue was real. Solution: bought the wife a Nokia 900 and I take her 9800
    07-25-12 07:27 PM
    Placebo effect... I can see that! I have had very few proble.s with my berries other thhan the big general known issues; such as when I had a 9700 running OS6 the memory leak issue was real. Solution: bought the wife a Nokia 900 and I take her 9800
    Yeah, like that. I remember the 9800 "wiggle" issue. The day someone mentioned
    that it was like a floodgate opened somewhere and you could not go an hour
    without seeing a thread about it.
    07-25-12 08:19 PM
    And the 9700's wobbly trackpad and squeaking bezel.
    JayR2010 likes this.
    07-25-12 08:24 PM
    Pearl 9105 jammed keyboard
    07-25-12 08:30 PM
    I don't believe it's the device, but more of the user. Yes, some devices might have manufacturing issues (well, Mercedes even does recalls, so why not RIM?), but the main reason for lags and freezes is just the user themselves.

I have a 9900, with approximately 15 apps, 2 emails, etc. But I have NEVER experienced any lag at all. I always make sure that I have enough memory to spare, as lower memory means slower blackberry.

Just by keeping this simple rule of thumb, I have managed to stay lag-free. Oh yes, my BB resets automatically at 6am every morning before I wake up.
    07-25-12 10:05 PM
    I'm going to assume the carriers have different service books being pushed...take AT&T as they do not allow hotspot. Just my 2 cents I can be wrong.

07-25-12 10:20 PM
    I'd have to say the amount of internal memory you have, number of apps you have "open", and as well amount of files you have on your sd card is what makes the device lag. Sometimes it is also due to a faulty os maybe. I say that because I have downloaded and loaded an os and had extreme lag before I'd even install any apps. For some reason reloading the os workw really well.
    07-27-12 11:55 AM
    every berry has its own personality.
    07-27-12 12:26 PM
    say for example you have a 9900 like me, running the same software as me. but you have issues such as random resets or lag issues. why is that?

we have the same software, the same internals.

It's different manufacturer processes, same stuff with HTC. Different plant/parts different problems.
    Some Evo 3D processors won't run past 1.5ghz some run up to 2ghz. It's the way it is. Mine won't go past 1.78ghz.
    07-27-12 04:25 PM
    every berry has its own personality.
    In a way, this describes part of the problem. Each user has a unique set of conditions: network, signal strength, battery strength, local interference, cell tower traffic, apps running, etc. There are so many variables it is mind-boggling.

The other side of the issue is that you're moving millions of bytes of software across the web and onto the internal memory. The possibility that a few of those don't get written right or hit a bad block or something. I think most problems would be resolved with a reload or two of the software, but it can be time-consuming and tedious, especially if a problem doesn't show itself immediately.

As a BES admin, I've seen more people have problems because their BBs had not been restarted after 6-8 weeks than I've ever seen of people having to do a frequent battery pull.
    07-27-12 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD