I just don't understand. Analyst say is os7 was outdated, BlackBerry comes with a complete new os and still os 7 sells better then os10???

Posted via CB10
    BIS and pricing.... what don't you understand. OS7 is selling in emerging markets not countries like Canada, US, UK.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-20-13 02:47 PM
    BIS and pricing.... what don't you understand. OS7 is selling in emerging markets not countries like Canada, US, UK.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Proof? Do you have actual numbers or are you pulling them out of your hat?

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-20-13 02:54 PM
    Because people are spoiled and don't want to embrace and adapt to something new.

Also, pricing plays a very important and key roll and in many instances is the deciding factor.

Posted via CB10
    Why would people want to embrace something new just for the sake of being new?
    bobauckland likes this.
    12-20-13 02:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Isn't it common knowledge that BB7 sells more in emerging markets?...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-20-13 02:57 PM
    Big enterprises are still on BES5 and therefore bound to BlackBerry OS 7.

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l likes this.
    12-20-13 03:01 PM
    Isn't it common knowledge that BB7 sells more in emerging markets?...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    It's also common knowledge BB7 has always sold well in UK, not an emerging market, also South Africa.

Do you have numbers though? Or did you pull them out of your hat?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 03:05 PM
    Big enterprises are still on BES5 and therefore bound to BlackBerry OS 7.

Posted via CB10
    And ironically their cross platform BES does not support their own BBOS platform.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 03:06 PM
    Price, they dont cost $700.
    12-20-13 03:07 PM
    And ironically their cross platform BES does not support their own BBOS platform.

Posted via CB10
    Because they are moving away from it. All signs point towards it.. thats why a cheap BB10 is in production.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-20-13 03:13 PM
    omg not this discussion again -.-

According to my last O2 bill (in the UK), I used 990MB of data ... but it only registered as 65MB out of my 250MB allowance. Nuff said.
    I consumed about 2.5GB of data.
    And since having my Z10, my monthly bills have become smaller, than in the timeframe when I used my 9810, even though I consume way more data than before.
    Nuff said.

Because they are moving away from it. All signs point towards it.. thats why a cheap BB10 is in production.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    I agree a lot with you in this thread.
    Finally that time has come.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 03:15 PM
    Cheap phones in poor countries. It's really that simple..
    Loc22 likes this.
    12-20-13 03:16 PM
    Os7 does what they require.
    1) Its a better PHONE than anything else available. Note I say phone not media platform.
    2) BIS saves people money who travel between borders.
    3) They bought an android or I phone and thier kids nagged the hell out of them all day to play on the damned thing. Look Mummys phone cant play games.
    4) Their son/daughter bought it for them to keep in touch.
    5) Their mum/dad bought it for them to keep in touch, they know bbm works!
    6) its for work on call purposes it needs to answer calls and perform email function and nothing more.
    7) bb10 q phones are out of their budget.
    8) they are self employed, do dirty work and keep their phone inside a plastic cover so touch phone does not work well for them.
    9) native cloud backup inc password keeper

Do nokia not still sell more symbian phones than windows phones.
    all in bold are valid in my case and i am using my 9360 since it launched.
    12-20-13 03:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have given you some numbers in at least 4 different threads.
    Go read the quarterly reports, and find them yourself.
    Pdf files are available for download and BlackBerry includes a list of the breakdown of the sale numbers of the different regions in this world.

Emerging markets make out the biggest % of the regions where devices are being sold...
    If you don't believe me, the quarterly reports are free to download for everyone interested in them.
    I am sure you'll find them if you want.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque and Omnitech like this.
    12-20-13 03:28 PM
    I wasn't going to chase this information since it's available. But thanks marsu!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-20-13 03:49 PM
    Actually the Z10 is cheaper then the 9900 now and more or less the same price as the 9720, been so for a while now.

Not in the developing world, most of which don't have or want these stupid carrier subsidy shackles that completely distorts the perceived value of the hardware.

In India you probably pay $600 for a Z10 (and own it outright), but your cell service is $12 a month. Maybe less.

It's also common knowledge BB7 has always sold well in UK, not an emerging market, also South Africa.

Do you have numbers though? Or did you pull them out of your hat?

It's sort of obvious, really.

I don't think I have seen a legacy BBOS device in a US retail store since BB10 launched here in March.

For that matter, it's a significant challenge to find ANY Blackberry smartphone in a retail store these days.

Which is a key reason why it didn't surprise me at all when I saw their BB10 sales numbers had fallen to almost nothing the last quarter.

The product is almost invisible here.

Cheap phones in poor countries. It's really that simple..

Yep.
    MarsupilamiX and kbz1960 like this.
    12-20-13 04:05 PM
    I wasn't going to chase this information since it's available. But thanks marsu!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Not so fast, I never clicked on any of his links, show me your numbers.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:06 PM
    Not in the developing world, most of which don't have or want these stupid carrier subsidy shackles that completely distorts the perceived value of the hardware.

In India you probably pay $600 for a Z10 (and own it outright), but your cell service is $12 a month.

It's sort of obvious, really.

I don't think I have seen a legacy BBOS device in a US retail store since BB10 launched here in March.

For that matter, it's a significant challenge to find ANY Blackberry smartphone in a retail store these days.

Which is a key reason why it didn't surprise me at all when I saw their BB10 sales numbers had fallen to almost nothing the last quarter.

The product is almost invisible here.

Yep.
    In UK you're more likely to find BBOS devices then BB10, recently i've seen Carphone Warehouse promoting the 9720 with a banner instore.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:08 PM
    I predicted the old form factor would live long and prosper.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:10 PM
    Not so fast, I never clicked on any of his links, show me your numbers.

Posted via CB10
    I know that you never did.
    Why should you? Real facts could contradict your opinionated beliefs and would mean that you have to rethink your position.

As if you would ever do that, on your personal vendetta against BB10...

I'll give you one link, so that Dave doesn't have to do it.
    You'll find everything you need there.
    I doubt that you'll ever look at the numbers yourself, but hey, you may surprise us a little bit...
    http://press.blackberry.com/financial.html

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-20-13 04:15 PM
    I know that you never did.
    Why should you? Real facts could contradict your opinionated beliefs and would mean that you have to rethink your position.

As if you would ever do that, on your personal vendetta against BB10...

I'll give you one link, so that Dave doesn't have to do it.
    You'll find everything you need there.
    I doubt that you'll ever look at the numbers yourself, but hey, you may surprise us a little bit...
    http://press.blackberry.com/financial.html

Posted via CB10
    Ok, I looked at that, are these the numbers you refer to? It tells me a different story, I'm not sure how you'd get they only sell to emerging markets from these numbers.
    Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-img_00000497.png

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:25 PM
    Ok, I looked at that, are these the numbers you refer to? It tells me a different story, I'm not sure how you'd get they only sell to emerging markets from these numbers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000497.png 
Views:	944 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	231926

Posted via CB10
    Now you surprised me
    You should look at the last 4-8 quarters to get an even better picture of these numbers and how they evolved over time.

Latin America and Asia Pacific is pretty much purely a domain of emerging markets.
    So we have 20% of the sales instantly being from these regions.
    The bigger issue is how to interpret the number where Europe is combined with the Middle-East and Africa.

We know that sales in Europe have been pretty bad and that BlackBerry has a significant position in Africa and the Middle East.
    If only a third of these 47% haven't been realised in Europe, but in the other 2 regions, then emerging markets are the ones where BlackBerry sells most of their handsets.

We now add the fact of Europe itself having developing countries and emerging markets, and it's a no brainer to know that the biggest % of BlackBerry buyers isn't situated in "developed" nations.

Btw, would you mind quoting me, where I said that BlackBerry only sells in emerging markets?
    I said the majority of sales happen there.
    And that is correct.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:28 PM
    Now you surprised me
    You should look at the last 4-8 quarters to get an even better picture of these numbers and how they evolved over time.

Latin America and Asia Pacific is pretty much purely a domain of emerging markets.
    So we have 20% of the sales instantly being from these regions.
    The bigger issue is how to interpret the number where Europe is combined with the Middle-East and Africa.

We know that sales in Europe have been pretty bad and that BlackBerry has a significant position in Africa and the Middle East.
    If only a third of these

Posted via CB10
    The fact is the region they sell the most is North America since Europe, Middle East and Africa are 3 regions really, on two continents. (or is that touching 3?)

FACTS!

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:34 PM
    The fact is the region they sell the most is North America since Europe, Middle East and Africa are 3 regions really, on two continents. (or is that touching 3?)

FACTS!

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Facts.
    Count the numbers, it's not that hard...

25 % of sales happen in Latin America and Asia Pacific.
    Both emerging markets .

We assume that only 1/3 of the sales in the EMEA region, haven't happened in Europe.
    1/3 of 46% is 15.333.
    25+15= 40
    While 46-15= 31.

40% is the lowest number of %, we can attest to emerging markets.
    In this scenario, while Emerging Markets occupy 40% of devices sold, Europe alone at best sits at 31% and North America has about 28% of devices sold.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:36 PM
    Yes. Facts.
    Count the numbers, it's not that hard...

20% of sales happens in Latin America and

Posted via CB10
    28.5% of sales, over a quarter, are in North America - Fact
    Filter all the developed countries from the rest and perhaps half the sales come from emerging markets, that does not qualify as most sales coming from "emerging markets"

This myth just got busted!

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:40 PM
    28.5% of sales, over a quarter, are in North America - Fact
    Filter all the developed countries from the rest and perhaps half the sales come from emerging markets, that does not qualify as most sales coming from "emerging markets"

This myth just got busted!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, look at the edit. The only things that got busted, are your delusions.

Most sales in emerging markets, per definition, means that the highest % of sales happened in these market structures.
    I even took numbers that favour your side of the argument.
    I am pretty sure that I could find enough data to prove that there were less than 2/3 of 46% of devices sold in Europe.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:44 PM
1,393 12345 ...