Like the title asks, why is OS7 still outselling BB10 by a significant margin?
    12-20-13 10:45 AM
    Because the os7 phones are a lot cheaper to buy

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    12-20-13 10:46 AM
    When bb10 phones match the cost of bb7 phones then we will see bb10 outsell bb7. I hope a foxconn produced cheap phone can do this .

Sent from my Z30
    12-20-13 10:49 AM
    Also people who are still using OS7 after all this time in spite of newer more stable offerings might just be a tiny bit resistant to change.

I work with one of these people and my sister is also one of these people. She knows how OS7 works, doesn't want to learn another OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 10:50 AM
    yes, i am appalled by this.
    12-20-13 10:57 AM
    BlackBerry needs a cost competitive device for emerging markets asap

Posted via CB10
    anon6113468 and vicky_235235 like this.
    12-20-13 10:58 AM
    they need a lumia 520 device basically. the q5 just wasnt it
    12-20-13 11:03 AM
    Because blackberry dropped the ball......not enough people can get hands on with bb10.....and ridiculous pricing.......

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 11:07 AM
    You have to look at each market separately. In Canada and the USA , I doubt that BBOS is outselling BB10. If it is then the reason might be corporate business sales. Perhaps they have not upgraded their smartphone manager software. In developing countries it is likely a combination of BIS and low price. In the UK I am tempted to cite the fact that they drive on the wrong side of the road.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-20-13 11:11 AM
    People don't know what bb10 is

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 11:16 AM
    Os7 does what they require.
    1) Its a better PHONE than anything else available. Note I say phone not media platform.
    2) BIS saves people money who travel between borders.
    3) They bought an android or I phone and thier kids nagged the hell out of them all day to play on the damned thing. Look Mummys phone cant play games.
    4) Their son/daughter bought it for them to keep in touch.
    5) Their mum/dad bought it for them to keep in touch, they know bbm works!
    6) its for work on call purposes it needs to answer calls and perform email function and nothing more.
    7) bb10 q phones are out of their budget.
    8) they are self employed, do dirty work and keep their phone inside a plastic cover so touch phone does not work well for them.
    9) native cloud backup inc password keeper

Do nokia not still sell more symbian phones than windows phones.
    12-20-13 11:16 AM
    BlackBerry needs a super cheap 4.5" touchscreen phone. 1.2ghz dual core, 2gb ram, 5mp cam with auto focus, 8gb memory and 720p. If they can build and sell that for 150 bucks they will sell many, and they MUST advertise android app support.

Sent from my Z30
    12-20-13 11:19 AM
    Because the os7 phones are a lot cheaper to buy

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    Specially outside north America and Europe, people can't afford $500+ for a 10 version.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-20-13 11:26 AM
    BlackBerry needs a super cheap 4.5" touchscreen phone. 1.2ghz dual core, 2gb ram, 5mp cam with auto focus, 8gb memory and 720p. If they can build and sell that for 150 bucks they will sell many, and they MUST advertise android app support.

Sent from my Z30
    No, I'm afraid they wouldn't buy it, certainly not in anything even remotely approaching significant numbers.. You've basically described the Moto G, which actually does sell for roughly the same price. Nobody is going to buy a cheap BB10 device like that when they can get a Moto G for the same price. Anyway, this is all hypothetical because it's never going to happen.
    Drew808 and kupfernigk like this.
    12-20-13 11:37 AM
    The 9900 costs more new than a z10 now. Significantly more.
    Why?
    Trackpad, the BlackBerry email advantage, better battery life, easy travelling, better reception, better keyboard arguably, better instant actions ie more responsive, better messaging capabilities ie multitasking inboxes and apps like viber, holster profiles, better led, better notifications and customisable alerts, better phone design, better speakers and speaker placement and more reliable BBM. I'm sure I missed some points out.
    Bb7 phones offer a BlackBerry advantage that people still value.
    There's very very little BlackBerry in bb10.
    So people stick with what they love until BlackBerry or someone else makes something they want more than bb7.

Whoever thought bb10 phones would be what bb7 users expected in a mobile device needs to take a long hard look at themselves. And those belittling bb7 advantages as obsolete and outdated must have got a bit of a shock today.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 11:41 AM
    Pricing of the BB10 devices and mainly MARKETING are my thoughts on why its not out there as much as it should be.
    BigAl_BB9900 and nt300 like this.
    12-20-13 11:54 AM
    The track pad... obviously.

LOL... just kidding (but probably right).

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 11:58 AM
    Also people who are still using OS7 after all this time in spite of newer more stable offerings might just be a tiny bit resistant to change.

I work with one of these people and my sister is also one of these people. She knows how OS7 works, doesn't want to learn another OS.

Posted via CB10
    More stable? Not from what I've seen in my company nor these forums. Our 9930s have been rock solid for two years after the first update, just as stable, if not more so, than the BB10 devices in our company. Many do like the BB10 phones, but several still prefer the 9930s. OS7 is a polished and efficient OS that many find hard to match in productivity using a BB10 device. That's not to say that it won't happen, but as said, many prefer what works for them, not choosing new for the sake of new. There are many features of OS7 that some are not willing to part with yet and some are resistant to adopt a new OS.

In many cases it has nothing to do with being resistant to change, just preference. Some prefer OS7 over BB10 and there's no problem with that.

The OS7 outsell of BB10 is not all price related either, as some claim, at least not in the States, as the Z10 is cheaper than a 9930 at VZW and one can get a Z10, Q10 and Z30 for the same price as a 9930 if bought with contract from Amazon. I know the story is different outside the states and price is a factor.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 12-20-13 at 12:20 PM.
    h20work, axllebeer and ekv like this.
    12-20-13 11:58 AM
    BlackBerry needs a cost competitive device for emerging markets asap

Posted via CB10
    One for developed markets wouldn't hurt, either.
    12-20-13 11:59 AM
    Cost. Previous management did not see it fit to give price sensitive markets a decent,cheap, bb10 solution.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 11:59 AM
    BB7 phones are a lot cheaper than BB10 phones and the use BIS which makes data usage cheaper also and BB10 phones were not really marketed at all. Its as if BlackBerry or the carriers didn't want them to be bought at all.
    Anilu7, localexpat and SifiGamer like this.
    12-20-13 12:04 PM
    A lot cheaper!

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 12:10 PM
    Many corporations running BBOS have started pilot programs for certain staff to test the new Z10 and Q10. It isn't a seemless switch as the phones operate totally different. There is still a lot of pent-up demand for new BB10 devices but corporations will take longer to make the switch. Corporations also need different infrastructure in place, BES, to manage the new devices so it will take time. However, once a large corporation makes the switch, the orders for new devices can be large.
    12-20-13 12:29 PM
    I have asked many folks who have used other platforms why they like IOS better and their answer is always the same "it just works" and if they need to have a question answered, they can go to their local apple store, make an appointment at the genius bar and someone is going to be there to help them!!! Apple wants folks to like their devices, it's called basic business concepts 101 folks and look at the results, they get an extremely loyal fan base who will buy their products and pay good money because they know they are going to have support for the long haul.

When I bought my first Blackberry device way back in 2006, this was the exact reason I bought the device, we even had a Blackberry store located in Farmington Hills Mi. that carried everything Blackberry and nothing else, sound familiar??? What happened?? It's called complacency and not remembering to support the ones who got you there in the first place, the customer.
    12-20-13 12:32 PM
    The simple answer? Something I myself am loathe to admit: legacy OS devices are a better fit for more people.
    12-20-13 12:34 PM
1,393 123 ...