I'm loving this OS so far but I've noticed it lacks a few very basic features.

The two that really stand out are the fact that I can't manually PW lock my device. Instead the closest I can get is to have it lock it's self on a minute of stand by.

The second is camera shutter sound can't be turned off without putting the phone on silent mode. Also silent shutter doesn't have to be a creepy stalker thing like everyone makes it out to be. I don't go around taking candid pics or anything. I just don't like it to be like "Hey look, I'm taking a picture in public".

Neither are huge problems by any means. They are quality of life things that should be basic features and just slightly annoy me though. I could probably think of a few more if I really wanted to.
    09-25-15 02:04 PM
    You could think of a few less if you searched a bit more too.
    To lock the device hold 'K' while in the homescreen or hub, or just hold the power button for a few seconds and chose lock

You are right about the shutter. Though you can also hold Q to put the phone in silent while in home screen or hub to quickly toggle silent, or swipe down and hit the 'bell' icon or while in the camera app, swipe down with two fingers and hit the bell icon.
    09-25-15 02:07 PM
    Press power button for a second or so you get black screen asking you to "cancel " "Lock " or "restart ". As for the camera sound I am not aware of anything else except silent mode.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 02:09 PM
    You could think of a few less if you searched a bit more too.
    To lock the device hold 'K' while in the homescreen or hub, or just hold the power button for a few seconds and chose lock

You are right about the shutter. Though you can also hold Q to put the phone in silent while in home screen or hub to quickly toggle silent, or swipe down and hit the 'bell' icon or while in the camera app, swipe down with two fingers and hit the bell icon.
    Ah, ty ty.
    09-25-15 02:09 PM
    I'm loving this OS so far but I've noticed it lacks a few very basic features.

The two that really stand out are the fact that I can't manually PW lock my device. Instead the closest I can get is to have it lock it's self on a minute of stand by.

The second is camera shutter sound can't be turned off without putting the phone on silent mode. Also silent shutter doesn't have to be a creepy stalker thing like everyone makes it out to be. I don't go around taking candid pics or anything. I just don't like it to be like "Hey look, I'm taking a picture in public".

Neither are huge problems by any means. They are quality of life things that should be basic features and just slightly annoy me though. I could probably think of a few more if I really wanted to.
    About camera sound you're absolutely right but you can lock your phone by holding power button & an option will appear or you can lock it by holding 'L' key if you've a qwerty keyboard in your phone.

BlackBerry Beast 2BF98A26 
    09-25-15 02:31 PM
    To turn off Camera sound you can go to Settings - Notifications - Then Click on your active Profile (here I am using Normal)
    Why does OS10 lack such basic features?-img_20150925_161809.png

Once clicked it will open a new menu, Turn OFF sounds under App Exceptions
    Why does OS10 lack such basic features?-img_20150925_161821.png

This silences the Camera Shutter and the annoying sounds from the Dial Pad...

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 03:22 PM
    Another option to lock device (pressing and holding power off key and choosing lock IS quick enough, but just in case you'd prefer another option) you could assign a shortcut...

Go To Settings,

Then Shortcuts
    Why does OS10 lack such basic features?-img_20150925_162848.png

Pick letter key to assign (I picked F)

Why does OS10 lack such basic features?-img_20150925_162843.png

Choose Other Shortcuts

Why does OS10 lack such basic features?-img_20150925_162839.png

Then select Lock Device

Why does OS10 lack such basic features?-img_20150925_162836.png

From here, press and hold your chosen shortcut key to activate Lock...

Posted via CB10
    hplovecraft likes this.
    09-25-15 03:31 PM
    This one was a trolly thread title.

Reality is that I use BB10 because it has some of the best built in features of all the mobile OS', such as the quick settings menu (with flash light, simple on/off toggle, and quick link to the settings page per topic). BlackBerry 10 is better laid out and more feature rich than android 4.4.4 in my first hand experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 05:21 PM