Can anyone tell me why my LED light blinks red at random times? I also belive that this is not because of an incoming SMS/phone call/message. Can anyone help me out???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 04:51 AM
    The red LED is supposed to blink when you receive an incoming message or miss a call.

Left unattended the LED will blink for approximately 15 minutes and then stop on its own.

If yours is behaving differently, then please try to tell us what the default actions I list above do. Then maybe we can pin this one down for you.
    06-26-10 05:08 AM
    It also can be triggered by many applications such as WeatherBug, BerryWeather, Twitter, etc.
    06-26-10 06:23 AM
    I was trying to figure that out myself as it would be blinking without any new email, texts, chat. However, I finally figured out that when I was getting new calendar entries from my company, the LED would blink.
    06-26-10 09:06 AM
    It is not an incoming message or phone call. I do have weatherbug installed. It might be that. Thanks for all the help guys.

06-26-10 09:21 AM
    Unless you running Weatherbug Elite, it won't make your LED blink.
    06-26-10 09:24 AM
    Sure it will.

You can change it in your Profiles.
    06-26-10 10:01 AM
    I am using the standard version of weatherbug. Is weatherbug causing this problem?

06-26-10 02:04 PM
    If your using the free weatherbug its not causing the problem.

06-26-10 02:45 PM
    Yes I am using the free weatherbug. What else could be the problem?

06-26-10 03:20 PM
    Yes, the free weatherbug could be causing the problem. Edit your profiles settings. Under the 'other' category, look for Weatherbug - Alert or something similar. Mine was set to have the LED blink. You can change it right there.
    06-26-10 03:46 PM
    I am using the standard version of weatherbug. Is weatherbug causing this problem?
    Go to your Active Sound Profile.
    Open it up for editing.
    Scroll to Other.
    Open that.
    Scroll to the bottom.
    See if you have any entries for WeatherBug.
    If you do, set the LED to OFF for those.
    Save your changes.
    06-26-10 03:48 PM
    Mine does this occassionally also. It is not from an app nor from a message. Never really figured it out but have to do a battery pull to stop it.
    06-26-10 06:30 PM
    @dbone - not sure why you are saying free Weatherbug couldn't cause this problem. Of course it could (MM is never wrong!) - even the free version has a profile setting that could be turning om the LED when a warning alert is posted to Weatherbug. Happens all the time when I get a severe weather alert.

06-26-10 07:03 PM
    only thing i can think of is the weather app
    06-26-10 08:28 PM
    go to set ring tones check others. a lot of apps will have silent ring tones but will have LED to go off.
    06-26-10 08:33 PM
    Thanks for the help guys!

06-27-10 04:44 AM
    mine does for messages and emails phone calls too
    06-27-10 03:50 PM
    i have found that my led wqould get triggered for an app but even after check ing the notification it would continue to blink.
    I solved this problem witha a little app that you can find via google. Its called "LEDReset" It works its magic as soon as you click on it..
    Let me know if this works for you
    06-28-10 09:37 AM
    i have found that my led wqould get triggered for an app but even after check ing the notification it would continue to blink.
    I solved this problem witha a little app that you can find via google. Its called "LEDReset" It works its magic as soon as you click on it..
    Let me know if this works for you
    I will give this app a try� I hope it works!

06-28-10 12:49 PM
    If you can't find LED Reset, try the app in the third post in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/loo...mgeeks-426291/

I'm having trouble getting the link to work. If it doesn't work, Do a forum search for "StopLED"
    Last edited by ttfmaep; 06-28-10 at 01:00 PM.
    06-28-10 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD