for some reason my bb curve 8330 for sprint keeps scanning my address book for voice dialing in the middle of the night and locks up when doing so. when this happens my phone is useless. the alarm wont go off or nothing. i have to pull the battery to get it to reset.

is there a way to stop this. for what's it worth, if so i'll delete the voice dialing option all together.

thanks.
    09-03-09 08:47 AM
    did you ever receive an answer? I have the same problem
    10-19-09 12:21 PM
    mine has also started doing this 2 days ago. poking around in the phone settings i also found that my phone was set to forward to a number that i didn't recognize.....

if anyone knows what the cause of this issue is, i'd greatly appreciate it... so far i cant find any support info.
    10-22-09 04:50 PM
    It's only supposed to scan your address book the first time the vad app is run after a reboot. It would make sense if you have your BB set to do a QuickPull reset every night , but it wouldn't make sense that the vad app is starting by itself.
    10-22-09 05:00 PM
    This started a few weeks ago for me and every night I have to pull the battery. Once I re-insert I have a several minute wait until it boots up.
    10-31-09 06:27 AM
    Mine has been doing the same thing when it reboots, I lose any emails or texts that were sent to me since the morning before........ Plus it takes it 6 minutes to reboot. I hope someone can figure out a solution soon.
    07-28-10 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD