Everyday, at some point, I end up going a couple of hours then I realize that I haven't had any messages or calls. I remove my Pearl from the case and it has turned itself off. I have plenty of memory and the battery seems good.
    Alltel don't have a clue why this is happening! They just keep replacing my phone. They say no one else is having this problem.
    Does anyone have any ideas about this?
    Looks like I'm going to have to switch to a new model ...
    06-23-08 08:51 PM
    I'm not familiar with the Pearl or your case. Is it possible that some protrusion on the inside of your case is impacting the power switch just enough to turn the device off? Perhaps as a function of how you sit or stand? There has been at least one other situation reported in the forums where the case interior was touching the phone buttons in such a way as to lock the keyboard when the device was carried in the case for an extended period. Strange, but true.
    06-23-08 09:15 PM
    bro, welcome to CB..but try to post your question in one forum...
    06-23-08 09:18 PM
    My pearl did that too. Go to "options" then 3rd down is "auto on/off" make sure that is disabled. i dont know how mine got enabled but somehow it was, has never happened since though.
    06-23-08 09:27 PM
    Billy - You are not alone. My pearl does the same thing. I use a BB case but i have noticed this problem probably within the last couple of months. It is extremely annoying.
    06-24-08 08:40 AM
    Billy, it not the case it's just a glitch with the phone. I have the 8130 with sprint and i lay my phone down flat with no case overnight and sometimes it turns off. The auto on/off feature was disabled, battery was charged 3/4 full and memory was plenty but I cant explain it. it has only done this once with me though but it did happen so hopefully it wont happen again.
    06-24-08 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD