How or why would they work with each other? The Apple and IBM partnership is because IBM will cook up the apps and Apple sells the hardware. Blackberry writes its own software and Google writes their own as well. Google doesn't make hardware (unless you count Nexus). If Blackberry starts selling devices with Android on it, it ceases to be a true Blackberry. For Google, Android would be installed on devices with an abysmal market share percentage.
    mornhavon likes this.
    07-24-14 09:49 AM
    Because their core objectives are completely different.

Differentiate or Die
    Making profit? I guess.
    mornhavon, Berry_Pink and gebco like this.
    07-24-14 09:51 AM
    Bro I'm glad it doesn't! Google is evil and intrusive part of life. Don't need it in my life

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 09:57 AM
    Bro I'm glad it doesn't! Google is evil and intrusive part of life. Don't need it in my life
    Your prefer Amazon?
    Poirots Progeny and mornhavon like this.
    07-24-14 10:03 AM
    Making profit? I guess.
    I definitely worded that wrong. Their core business is different.

One is in the business to expose information and make that information accessable and the other is to keep it contained and secure.

Guess which is which?

Differentiate or Die
    07-24-14 03:57 PM
    Google and Android won't be interested in BlackBerry, it's two very different business models. One is very much focused on Security and Privacy and the other runs a open "we sell your info, cause we give you free services " that's apart from the fact that, they also "integrate" and intrude in every aspect of its users online activities "to better their experience ",for the aforementioned reasons they aren't a fit.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 04:37 PM
    Google and Android won't be interested in BlackBerry, it's two very different business models. One is very much focused on Security and Privacy and the other runs a open "we sell your info, cause we give you free services " that's apart from the fact that, they also "integrate" and intrude in every aspect of its users online activities "to better their experience ",for the aforementioned reasons they aren't a fit.

Posted via CB10
    They seem to be making great strides in making things better for consumers, because they are pumping out great products every year. I guess everyone on Crackberry are all secret spys... lol
    07-24-14 09:43 PM
    While they do have different philosophies I wish BlackBerry could use many Google services. Google maps and Drive are two features I would love to have!
    07-27-14 06:51 PM
    While they do have different philosophies I wish BlackBerry could use many Google services. Google maps and Drive are two features I would love to have!
    Philosophies ain't too different. Trust me... read your Amazon TOS when that partnership is solidified. Heck, read your current BB services TOSes.

Data is money, and EVERYBODY wants a piece of the pie.

I believe BBRY would love to work with Google. Unfortunately, there may not be any value in it for Google right now. Hopefully, that changes.
    mornhavon likes this.
    07-27-14 08:09 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=949341

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    07-30-14 08:11 AM
    Google could take a lesson from bbrys security which imo surpasses microsofts
    07-30-14 01:43 PM
    I have Google working fine on my Z10, it took awhile and chrome doesn't work but with all the extensions in Gmail I can still do more than I want to. Set up a Gmail account on your computer use your cell phone number to get the verification code by text. When your new Gmail account is up go to accounts and add the Gmail account info then go to BlackBerry World And install Gmail. Sorry it costs $2 or so but after its set up it works great.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 04:24 PM
    Do you have Google Drive? Google Hangouts? Can you log into Maps and save settings? Those are the kinds of things people are looking for. Gmail has several methods of access, some of which have always worked on BB.
    07-31-14 09:30 PM
    Has anyone ever tried sideloading google services onto bbry?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    07-31-14 10:03 PM
    Has anyone ever tried sideloading google services onto bbry?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Yup, I have it loaded. It reduces the error quite a bit, it also makes certain apps fully functional. For more information search check the thread below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...l#post10636360

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    07-31-14 10:56 PM
40 12