I can charge my blackberry 8520 fully before I go to bed , then when I wake up in the morning its down to about 80%! Why does this happen when I'm not even using it ??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-11 06:50 AM
    Is 3G on or other apps running in the background? That is likely the cause. 3G drains my Torch battery faster than I like, so I keep it on 2G when I'm not doing any heavy internet surfing.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-21-11 06:58 AM
    Nothings running in the background :/

02-21-11 07:16 AM
    Is 3G on or other apps running in the background? That is likely the cause. 3G drains my Torch battery faster than I like, so I keep it on 2G when I'm not doing any heavy internet surfing.
    Yeah, I agree. Constant feeds, updates. I'm on wifi at work and at home. So, I usually switch to 2G.

@tasha
    Also, how is your discharge rate during the day? Just curious. Unless needed, you can always set the auto shut off during the hours that you are sleeping. Only problem is you might see a drop as your device updates after it's turned on.
    02-21-11 07:21 AM
    i leave mine plugged in while i sleep, it doesn't hurt it
    02-21-11 07:32 AM
    Recharge over night. BB's usually need to be charged once a day.

02-21-11 07:40 AM
    A low signal will cause the battery to drain.
    02-21-11 08:18 AM
    How long are you sleeping? Losing 20% in about 8 hours seems just fine to me.

My Samsung Epic would lose that much every 90 minutes or so.
    02-21-11 09:15 AM
    I keep it charged at night so that I wake up to a freshly charged BB. I also have quickpull (free app) installed so that it does an auto-reboot before i wake up.
    02-21-11 09:19 AM
    I keep it charged at night so that I wake up to a freshly charged BB. I also have quickpull (free app) installed so that it does an auto-reboot before i wake up.
    That always worked best for me.

02-21-11 09:31 AM
    I always plug it in when I crash. It's better too because the battery can soak up more electricity to charge better.

02-21-11 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD