Hello i am using 9900.

i just want to know why you chose BB.
    (ex_physical keyboard, design, strongness in business...etc.)

Thanks for reading.
    07-18-12 09:15 AM
    Why #BlackBerryByChoice ?

Solid, reliable, efficient, tough and ... different.
    #BlackberryByNature
    dalin09 likes this.
    07-18-12 09:19 AM
    I chose BB because it has the best keyboard, and sometimes when I just want to get something out onto the notepad nothing compares to typing on the responsive keys. Very little mistyping occurs and I can really go.

Now that BB7 OS has made things more or less on par with the other operating systems, I m more than happy to keep using BB until BB10 comes out, when I will continue riding the RIM bandwagon...

Woohoo!
    07-18-12 09:20 AM
    I use BlackBerry because

- Physical keyboard,
    - Autotext - word substitution
    - LED notification light
    - Delete emails on Handheld / InBox / Both options
    - The way it loads an email at the top of the email body, not the top of the recipient list, but I just press "T" and I get to the top of the recipient list
    - KeyBoard short cuts, they only save a few seconds, but seconds are seconds and sometimes you only have a few
    - swappable battery, I keep a spare battery in my car charging while I'm driving
    - BBM, my social circle is still predominately BlackBerry so BBM is heavily used by me.
    - Sound profiles.... OH how I miss sound profiles on my other device
    - TrackPad navigation, I can cover the whole screen with my thumb in one place
    - Data compression, this is to a lesser extent now as I suspect my US travel is going to be greatly diminished moving forward, but none the less it has saved me a lot of money over the years
    07-18-12 09:21 AM
    I chose it because I was what 19 and everyone started getting one so by time 20 I was like I want in too!

LOL, I have stayed because of the reliability, I love how connected it keeps me, has a great camera, fluid and easy for me to use UI, good(not great) battery life and its Canadian.

I will be going back to a keyboard model though with my next phone. Slider or Bold type, I don't care so long as I get my keys back.
    07-18-12 09:25 AM
    BBM
    qwerty keyboard
    notification light

...and that's about it.
    07-18-12 09:26 AM
    OH!!! deRusett you hit the nail on the head with the TrackPad! Honesty makes having a touchscreen phone so much easier. Its a serious advantage over the other guys, I don't know why they want to get rid of it.
    07-18-12 09:27 AM
    deRusett said it quite nicely.
    Last edited by shaleem; 07-18-12 at 12:36 PM.
    07-18-12 10:06 AM
    BBM -if you are a world traveller as I am, there is no better way to communicate with the office. Also if we are both in the same place and we need to connect with one another, it is so cheap and fast just to say, "hey -where are you?" Try doing that with SMS if you are in India! So bloody expensive. BBM is just great and I think it is something RIM needs to drive hard with.

The Physical keyboard -need I say more. It is just great.

The Touch screeen on the 9900 -lovely.

It is an email machine. Not a toy.

I love the way that it looks, especially sitting in the tray going through airport security. Perhaps this is silly, but I really look at it sitting there and think, this is a very beautiful little machine, especially if it is sitting atop my 64gig playbook.

LED notification

Ease of use

Blackberry Travel
    dalin09 and redsaint316 like this.
    07-18-12 10:17 AM
    It just feels right. I use a BB for personal use. I am familiar with iOS and Android. iOS is too simple (not complex), and not very compatible. Android is glitchy and just doesn't work for me. BlackBerry is still simple, but yet complex, it is more compatible, and it works. Not sure how to put it, but it just works best for me.
    redsaint316 and dalin09 like this.
    07-18-12 10:20 AM
    As usual, dRusett hit it out of the ballpark...

Might I add....it's the only platform where I feel safe using banking apps.
    dalin09 likes this.
    07-18-12 10:20 AM
    Because......

I was born to BB�.
    07-18-12 10:31 AM
    Because you can do stuff......really quickly!
    dalin09 likes this.
    07-18-12 10:36 AM
    The keyboard.
    The email.
    The build quality.
    The LED.
    And mainly because it is just a work horse and very reliable.

Using a 9900.
    dalin09 likes this.
    07-18-12 10:37 AM
    Blackberry keyboards are always the best, especially the 9900/9930, touchscreen and email. It just helps me get things done.
    07-18-12 11:14 AM
    Others said it already, but I'll list what I love about BlackBerry in no particular order:

Customizable LED - I hate having to touch my screen to find out if I've missed anything.
    Keyboard and buttons - Enough said!
    Custom dictionary and shortcuts
    Removable battery
    SOLID build - I'm so scared of dropping my iPhone...
    Customizable ringtones, no apps needed!
    Email workhorse
    ajst222 and dalin09 like this.
    07-18-12 12:57 PM
    Nothing fancy, I just like BlackBerry.....period
    shaleem likes this.
    07-18-12 01:22 PM
    hands down the Keyboard on my 9650 and now the 9930. also have a Iphone4 but hate typing on glass. for what i do on a phone, call,text,email and news, the Blackberry is way more effective. If i want to do Video or Games I use my Ipad2

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-18-12 01:38 PM
    I use BlackBerry because

- Physical keyboard,
    - Autotext - word substitution
    - LED notification light
    - Delete emails on Handheld / InBox / Both options
    - The way it loads an email at the top of the email body, not the top of the recipient list, but I just press "T" and I get to the top of the recipient list
    - KeyBoard short cuts, they only save a few seconds, but seconds are seconds and sometimes you only have a few
    - swappable battery, I keep a spare battery in my car charging while I'm driving
    - BBM, my social circle is still predominately BlackBerry so BBM is heavily used by me.
    - Sound profiles.... OH how I miss sound profiles on my other device
    - TrackPad navigation, I can cover the whole screen with my thumb in one place
    - Data compression, this is to a lesser extent now as I suspect my US travel is going to be greatly diminished moving forward, but none the less it has saved me a lot of money over the years
    There should be a button on CrackBerry for best answer!
    shaleem likes this.
    07-18-12 01:41 PM
    because i missed it the form factor and the keyboard the OS just fell in love with BB with my 8330 but went to android for big screen and dual core just specs... and i like android but not like blackberry

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-18-12 01:44 PM
    I'll second what DeRusset said and add a few different thoughts as well.

Having been on a 2+year foray into the other devices each with its own niceties I ultimately found them ALL: LACKING.

Oh sure a few cool gadgets or widgets or whatever were fun to play around with on the other devices but ultimately that's all it was; something to fool around with.

In the end, when it came to my actual "NEEDS" the not BB devices either fell short in effectiveness, usefulness, reliability and durability or flat out failed altogether.

And that's not just an observation about the OS or software, its also an observation about the physical device. a couple devices actually felt weak and or fragile in my hand. I'm a FF/Paramedic, and one of my city's Fire Investigators. I am also the Medic assigned on my city's Tactical (SWAT) Team. I cannot have a device that is fragile and YES I had the Otterboxes for the Android etc devices, but the device it's self wrapped in the protective covers then became as if I were carrying a brick.

To be fair here, I do have my 9900 in an Otterbox but its the smallest of the options and that's acceptable because the device it's self is solidly enough built that I'm only modestly enhancing the protection. Truth be told if my 9900 had come with the leather pouch I wouldn't have purchased the Otterbox.

So why BB for me? Because of my experience historically with the "others" and "needs" I have that are not adequately addressed by those devices.

Oh and did I mention security? Lets see I'm a Fire Investigator and on a SWAT Team.... yeah the ability to use a device and know it's data is secure is a HUGE factor. You are never gonna convince me that an iPhone or an Android phone can handle/ protect the messaging traffic I need to keep secure.

One last quick observation..... I also do some "private security contract" work (I won't elaborate on that but I bet you can google me and find some of that data). Anyway this work causes me to travel... A lot and especially to some very hot sandy places where my carrier is dicey about my text usage etc. However, the BB Messenger is FREE and secure.

Final addition.... and don't dismiss this: There is a sophisticated image association with BB. It suggests a seriousness and a style that the drones can't claim with their designed for the 20 something year old Android and iPhones wrapped in the multicolor cases they bought at the mall kiosk that was located right outside the Abercrombie and Fitch store while on a shopping spree with their BFF.

Ok sorry that was supposed to be brief.
    So there.... that's why
    schlemer likes this.
    07-18-12 02:08 PM
    Why do i use BB? Simply because it works for me. Was hesitating to try out iphone but couldn't resist the physical keyboard.
    07-18-12 02:12 PM
    I'm on a 9900. I chose it for the following:

-Bridge capability with PlayBook

-Best Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) features: Keyboard, Calendar, Reminders, Tasks, Memo, Password Keeper

-Efficiency (Trackpad/Touchscreen combo, Keyboard Shortcuts)

-Email Organization

-LED Notifications
    07-18-12 04:39 PM
    because its what ive always known and loved and for all the obvious reasons stated above by others!
    07-18-12 07:25 PM
    For me its because it gets the job done and on time workhorse of a phone simple as that. Build quality design I like it all suits me and my needs.
    07-18-12 08:11 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD