Hello,

Am new to blackberry, I have had the Q10 for two weeks now and I can tell u that the device is amazing. The battery life, the build quality, and the tactile feedback from the keyboard. It's just great to have. However coming from an android ecosystem I want to ask: why do we have to pay for most applications??, I still carry my android phone with me for Google maps and Viber and other applications that are either missing or cost money on blackberry world.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 03:22 AM
    I'm sure there are some, but can you give a few examples? The 2 you gave so far aren't available on BB10 currently.
    11-05-13 03:27 AM
    Well you can buy BlackBerry maps pro for 2.5 pounds if you need the same functionality of Google maps on android, because let's face it BlackBerry maps that come pre installed are good only is your travelling by car, as for Viber it was just an example of an application that is not available on BlackBerry world.

Actually what got me to start this thread was when I opened blackberry world this morning and I saw that I had to buy instagram!!!

Don't get me wrong while some applications missing on your phone are not essential (Viber, instagram), others are (Google maps,etc).

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 03:34 AM
    Yeah. Most of the apps in BlackBerry world are either trials or paid app.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 03:56 AM
    Unfortunately a lot of our apps are pay for. I think not a lot of developers code for BlackBerry and that makes it harder to have competition.

Posted from white Z10 via CB10
    11-05-13 04:08 AM
    I agree, but in my opinion in today's smartphone world, the ecosystem is a key player to retain customers, people want to do more on their devices and frankly bbm and a a good keyboard experience is just not cutting it

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 04:10 AM