I had 2 nokias previously. E71 and then e72. Both I found to be pain to use. The e71 developed a problem where the e button would always be on. Shortly after purchasing an e72 it also developed a similar problem. This was back in 2009. Stayed with it until 2010 where I had enough and wanted a change. New someone who had shown me a blackberry bold and I liked phones with a full keyboard so I went and got one. Was a good phone, still have it in fact and the only issue I have ever had With It was a broken screen from a drunken night. Then came along the 9860 a few months ago and a carrier was offering it with a free 16gb playbook, how could I resist .

I entertained the idea of getting an iphone a few times as almost everyone I know had/has one. But I hate itunes with a passion and hate having to use it to put music and files on my phone. I also hate that quicktike must be installed on my pc to use itunes. This reason alone is why I didn't switch to apple. But it I'm glad I didn't, I have always been happy with the build quality of blackberry. The bold has been virtually faultless. The 9860 less so, have had a few software crashes but nothing a bat pull never solved and it was rare. The sound quality of calls I have been impressed with though.

Also a few people I know have had hardware issues with iphones, which while they haven't happened to every Iphone, have occurred enough for me to doubt there quality.

The playbook I do enjoy but games arnt really my thing. I'm a pilot and would love some apps to help me in my profession, lodge flight plans, load gis maps, moving map ability. Iphone/ipad have a sensational app called ozrunways which does all this. I dream of it coming to blackberry or something similar. One day maybe. But it does everything a laptop does for me while traveling so I only pack the playbook now and not the lappy, plus only 1 charger needed

I'll stay with rim for a while, b10 looks exciting but I don't think ill be upgrading from my 9860 this year. Maybe next if it is good as we all hope
    Last edited by helis4life; 05-04-12 at 08:06 PM.
    05-04-12 08:00 PM
    No doubt we need some apps. RIM addressed this and I'm optimistic that they'll get devs on board. As well, the big name apps will come once bb10 explodes.

I wouldn't go to an iPhone solely for the apps though. That's just a bonus and one that can be rectified. The BlackBerry way and OS of now and future is what I prefer. You can't get that with anything else.
    05-04-12 08:04 PM
    Are you deaf or blind - or both? 90 percent of the discussions on this website and some news articles that are published every day can answer your question.
    where'e the middle finger button?
    05-04-12 08:18 PM
    I'm the OP and want to thank most of you for your comments. This is a forum where we can freely discuss things and solicit other peoples opinions, and there are some good ones here.
    05-04-12 08:33 PM
    The browser on the current products is single core, the iphone is dual core that's the difference in browser speed and experience. Download Opera mini browser, makes a big difference.
    05-04-12 09:04 PM
    I'll play devil's advocate here.

Security - BB enthusiasts love to cling to this. Security from what? The Apple app store doesn't contain malicious apps and I'm unaware of any type of virus that's ever existed for iPhones so I don't really know what that means. Secure from who and what?

LOL here you go http://mashable.com/2010/07/04/itunes-accounts-hacked/
    Appstore got hacked is old news, check apple forum for more hacked cases.

And also check this Kaspersky: Apple security is like Microsoft's in 2002 • The Register
    05-04-12 11:11 PM
    Can someone restore your interest in Blackberry? No I can't restore your interest, only you can do that for yourself. Blackberry's work for me. Find a device that meets your needs and move on.
    05-05-12 12:11 AM
    The rise and decline of the things that are a must, now BlackBerry decline . The decline of the BlackBerry to be worse than the Nokia . Because Nokia decay just a moment away , and BlackBerry is the step by step toward the decline .
    After I read this comment I was looking for the dislike button but I couldn't find one.
    05-05-12 01:18 AM
    I'm puzzeled by people calling the iphone browser "better" faster yes but better?

Let's see, can it donload an mp3 file? No. Can it download a video? No. Can it upload a mp3 file? No. Can it upload a video? No. Can it at least upload a photo to this forum thread? Noooo

Maybe it's just me but how the helll is that a better browser?
    RoxBox likes this.
    05-05-12 02:42 AM
    LOL here you go http://mashable.com/2010/07/04/itunes-accounts-hacked/
    Appstore got hacked is old news, check apple forum for more hacked cases.

And also check this Kaspersky: Apple security is like Microsoft's in 2002 • The Register
    What does that have to do with phones? You are talking about iTunes accounts being hacked. It has nothing to do with the security of the phone.
    05-05-12 07:07 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD