With so many iPhone apps and iPhone users there must be a ton of boards and comunities for them to visit.
    Agreed, although even CrackBerry admits that Google Analytics mistakenly identifies BlackBerry 6 and 7 handsets as "iPhone" devices that explains the technical side of things. For the other side of things, probably because this is still a very active forum, its got some great content and news and all around its not a bad place to be every now and then
    12-28-11 10:17 AM
    .. I don't visit Iphone forums because I don't have an Iphone and is not (yet) interested to buy one although I am a long time Mac user.. although the Iphone could be utilized as a business / work phone, I still think of it as a toy (no offense) due to fact that most of my colleagues who owns the Iphone mostly use it as a time killer (play games) while using their blackberry (even older models) for work purposes..

Now, why do Iphone users visit Crackberry? .. Because they want to know about blackberry's flaws, defend their chosen gadget and to prove people like me is wrong for not using an Iphone because an Iphone is as good (or even better) than the lastest blackberry model.. Lol..

BlackBerry 9930 on Tapatalk
    12-28-11 11:18 AM
    I say, bring 'em all on board. iPhones, Androids, Windows, Symbian, all of 'em. Just leave the 'tude at the door. As long as they want to have intelligent discussions about the merits of their respective platforms and devices without disparaging the rest, I'm all for hearing differing opinions. You never know when you'll learn something that you never knew you never knew. I sure don't know everything, you don't know everything, they don't know everything; which means we all have opportunities to learn something ... if we can all agree to approach these things from that perspective.
    12-28-11 11:24 AM
    With so many iPhone apps and iPhone users there must be a ton of boards and comunities for them to visit.
    Because this board _had_ the best community of all smartphone boards, and they don't want to help other communities build. They'd rather destroy a once great community by not allowing those who love a product to actually enjoy talking about it.

Anything positive about the BlackBerry Brand must be crushed by those who no longer love it, and they will do so at every opportunity.
    JFTeran, up488, Jake2826 and 3 others like this.
    12-28-11 02:15 PM
    I can't count the amount of times i've seen in the forums someone post a problem and some a-hole iPhone user reply "well that's cuz you got a BlackBerry."

I honestly don't get it and it's one of the reasons I've stopped coming here as much as I use to...
    Jake2826 and SixStringMadness like this.
    12-28-11 02:23 PM
    Because this board _had_ the best community of all smartphone boards, and they don't want to help other communities build. They'd rather destroy a once great community by not allowing those who love a product to actually enjoy talking about it.

Anything positive about the BlackBerry Brand must be crushed by those who no longer love it, and they will do so at every opportunity.
    Ooh ... rough day at the airport scanners today, Stephen??
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    12-28-11 02:32 PM
    I can't count the amount of times i've seen in the forums someone post a problem and some a-hole iPhone user reply "well that's cuz you got a BlackBerry."

I honestly don't get it and it's one of the reasons I've stopped coming here as much as I use to...
    I'm sure i's not just iPhone users. I've seen Android and Blackberry users make negative posts in most threads here. In most cases, non know what try are talking about and most go by what they heard or read with no real experience on the platform Rey are bashing.

Also, one problem with these forums is that even if someone posts something that is their honest opinion, there are people here who call them fanboys, kool-aid drinkers, blind followers, etc. there opinion doesn't put RIM in the most positive light.

And, for those who are tired of constantly reading posts from "trolls", troublemakers, wannabe analysts, etc... and notice that it's the same person(s) making those threads/posts, have you not heard of the ignore feature??? Works like a charm for me.

War Is All We Know
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    12-28-11 02:44 PM
    It's fine if iPhone/android/wp7 users visit this BB fan site, but is it alright when they come here to do damage, to steer people away from BB products, to come here with a mission...

Marketing firms know (a lot of research and studies) that a lot of people gather information before they buy a product and one information source is this kind of forum. They send people into this forum to make it much harder to get a clear picture of BB products. That's why they constantly chirp about "RIM letting us down", "will BB be here next year", "lack of apps", "always behind playing catch-up"...they know this kind of stuff turns people off.
    12-28-11 02:46 PM

Well said (as all your posts are).

I admit just don’t get it. This Blackberry hatred. I suspect this is more a statement of what’s wrong with the city I live in, the province, my country in fact society as a whole. It’s fashionable to be a “Hater”.

It’s all about “Me” ..............look at me, look what I have, look what I can do, etc. I have to be the best and the center of attention. The Heck with anyone around me only I matter.
    I own an I Phone. I don’t like it; I made the mistake of posting that on this forum once, calling the I Phone nothing more than a toy. Wow was I attacked for daring to post that!
    For me the I Phone is a great “Entertainment Device” that also happens to be an average cell phone, with horrible battery life, clumsy key board, and gets so hot it dam near cooks your ear if on the phone for any period of time. Then this unlocking with the special sim card, having to reconfigure the phone every time I switch carriers. I hate the thing. I’ll take a BB over an Iphone.

Yes that may put me in the minority but it’s how I feel.

I like my Blackberry and I like my Playbook. I am extremely happy with both. If that bothers some people all I can say is “Too Bad”
    Last edited by Underdogz; 12-28-11 at 02:50 PM.
    12-28-11 02:47 PM
    Cause it's trendy either way
    As a a hater to drive by and shoot of a disparaging remark.
    or as a gloater who likes to see others suffer and be all high and mighty.

Besides this is what you get when you have those who wish to be problematic or hating while hiding behind the fact that this is suppose to be an open tolerant community.

Funny thing is that this community is not tolerant at all. At least not of people who have little to complain about when it comes to Blackberries or even try to justify/defend the actions of RIM. Those people are delusional BBfanboys. And yet if you're a

Better yet, is the "abused" are told to ignore or suck it up. The Mods don't do much except when dealing with those who don't tolerate the abuse.

It's been a gradual shift but the general forums as well we those pertaining to the playbook are more for why blackberry sucks or endless blackberry bashing.

Frankly, if they got rid of the General Discussion and News forums altogether at this point I wouldn't miss it one bit.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    12-28-11 02:55 PM
    I even hardly look at iPhone or any other sections in CB unless I have a real interest in it in a positive way to help others....

I am old enough to ignore most of these bashing, etc comments and focus on what I need to know and can help.
    12-28-11 02:57 PM
    Now I would never purchase an Apple product or allow one to be purchased by someone living under my roof...

But as an Android user that came from a BB, I never stopped liking my BB. I just liked my Android phones more. I've noticed a lot of the Android phone users are not a name brand loyalty user but a what works for them brand loyalty user.
    For some reason this seems overboard to me. I could see someone saying a gun, or something unsafe that could endanger their family, but a Apple product? (scratching my head).
    12-28-11 03:03 PM

I can't count the number of times where someone bashes iPhone by calling it an iToy or calling someone who uses an iPhone a fanboi.

I've yet to see some iPhone user here berate a BB user as much as BB users berate iPhone users.
    12-28-11 03:04 PM
    All I have to say to everyone in this post is " Why this Kolaveri?"

To know the meaning watch this and laugh your a$$es off:
    12-28-11 03:13 PM

Agree. Somehow I doubt they'd be as tolerant as this forum is (or was) of other phone users going into their iphone community to talk smack about their iphones and ipads. But it's by no means limited to here. Yesterday when posting how much I was enjoying my PB on my FB and suggesting to someone who was wondering if they should buy a PB that they go and try out an ipad PB and another tablet they were considering getting I was informed by an iPad user that my PB is just about useless and that RIM should be more like Apple.

I'm no longer suprised when I hear that here but encountering the arrogance elsewhere is quite something. I can't imagine going out of my way to knock someone else's choices... but they seem to have no problem doing so at all.
    Last edited by JiveGirl14; 12-28-11 at 03:42 PM.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    12-28-11 03:28 PM
    I've studied this species carefully over the years and like all trendoids, there is a sheepish pathology to them, a deep-seated insecurity. Most of them know deep down that they aren't "cool" which increases their obsession with being perceived as "cool" [genuine "cool" of course is not getting worked up about much of anything, least of all materials and least of least of all gadgets, and has all but vanished from the American landscape] so they pretend that having a device adds to one's value. They fetishize the entire category to the point of caring about other gadgets on their perceived totem pole and seem to get personal satisfaction out of finding ways to concoct a sense of superiority on that pole, even if it's stuck right up where the sun doesn't shine.

Again, this is the very antithesis of the outmoded pretend "cool" that Jobs insidiously marketed on the backs of some rather disgusting labor practices, putrid security standards, and personal failings galore.

This is the false idol promise of The Church Of Jobs. Form over content. Style over substance. The targeted acolytes' sense of worth and identity is so tied up into that dippy device that if it looks "cool" and the marketing is "cool" then yes you too, even you insecure geeky guy, can be "cool" too.

Of course this is pure rubbish, but capitalist rat races have more or less never bothered to care about that.

The Snapplets know that Blackberry users are by and large a much more secure, practical, and less self-conscious lot [who don't buy little jackets and mittens and dooshy accessories for their tools] and they are naturally attracted to that, just as the axiom "opposites attract" promises.
    This has to be a joke.
    12-28-11 03:51 PM
    I can't count the number of times where someone bashes iPhone by calling it an iToy or calling someone who uses an iPhone a fanboi.

I've yet to see some iPhone user here berate a BB user as much as BB users berate iPhone users.
    You're on a BlackBerry Forum

On a BlackBerry forum calling an iPhone, an iToy, is perfectly acceptable, I call my Nissan Altima a Nissan Craptima on the Ford Truck Forums, but if I am to get any useful help for it when I am forced to go to a Nissan forum, I must call it an Altima or find no help at all.

I'll call an iPhone and iToy all day long, though searching my post history you'll see that I have defended the iPhone as being able to be a useful work tool, and have given credit to Apples abilites, when I am on TiPb I don't call it an iToy, or if I'm on a device agnostic forum I don't call it an iToy, but HERE on a BlackBerry Fan site, it is common practice to call the competition products names.

I always refer to the Calgary flames, as "flamers on skates" with a flick of the wrist, except when I'm in Calgary, then they are just "your hockey team" because in their home, you show respect, but in your home you can call them names.
    12-28-11 04:06 PM
    If you ain't happy with how this homeowner runs his house, you could build your own crib. Plenty of bandwith.

Dunno... a lot of people seem to know how this site should be run. A lot off passive-aggressive commentary. Use the report button, and remember you are guest too.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    moiselles likes this.
    12-28-11 04:21 PM
    I've tried to get two of my friends who have BlackBerries to post on this site, but after some brief flirtation they basically told me the same thing after checking out the scene here. They're not about to waste their time on a site that is dominated by iphone & Android worshipers fighting some imaginary battle against BlackBerry and its users.

Personally, I still use CrackBerry, but I agree a lot with how my two friends feel. The good news is that there are new BlackBerry fan sites popping up on the web now to cater those fans of the brand who are sick of the negativity here. CrackBerry used to be the only real choice in town, but that's changing really quickly now. I think it's a good thing.
    12-28-11 04:26 PM
    Im sure you enjoy your phone, thats great. The main reason for a lack of hate on the tipb forum is because BB users have no interest in going there and slamming the product.. they are forced to come to CB their home and defend their own though.
    I use BB phone and an iPad (plus other non related Apple stuff). Problem on iOS forums (Macrumors) is the fandroids. Compare an iPad 1 to an unreleased Android tablet. "Looks Good". Plus the the typical incorrect comments.

There is a lot of smart, knowledgeable people on this forum. Reason enough to come and visit.

Having said that there are a few iPhone/iPad users that climb out of the Apple forum only to make negative BB/PB post. I would prefer they crawl back.

Love my Apple and Blackberry devices.
    Is it a negative post, or due they post an opposing view. "Playbook is not a wise choice right now if you don't own a BB phone" is actually helpful advice.

Maybe like seeing Mr.Willie's ex wife naked, really disgusting but you can't look away.
    Fixed that for you... Yea, I have issues, so what ? Love me for me.

The h*ll is wrong with people nowadays...
    Dropped on their head as small child, mother did LSD while nursing... I was hit in the forehead with a brick.
    12-28-11 07:35 PM

Er...not everyone behaves that way.

The broad brushstrokes used in this thread are amazing.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    12-28-11 07:52 PM
    I'm still loyal to crackberry because of the community. I was on BB for about 10 years until I made the switch to iPhone this past October. I am also still hoping that RIM turns it around and gives me a reason to switch back. I am quite pleased with the iPhone so far, works really well for business and personal, but I would still like RIM to give Apple a run.

I guess it's force of habit to still frequent crackberry since I was loyal to RIM for over a decade.
    I think Mikos' post sums up what many former BB users feel. I am not sure the majority will come back to BB. Once one invests in an ecosystem it's harder to leave. Even shop.crackberry has iPhone accessories.
    12-28-11 08:08 PM

I've seen many personal attacks by iPhone users. They insult BB users by calling them fanboys, kool-aid drinkers, blind, delusional, etc. How you miss that, I don't know.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    12-28-11 08:31 PM
    Do you people not know how to use the ignore/block feature for repeated and known "troll, haters, troublemakers" posters?

War Is All We Know
    Nurees likes this.
    12-29-11 01:27 AM
    Do you people not know how to use the ignore/block feature for repeated and known "troll, haters, troublemakers" posters?

War Is All We Know

I utilize the Ignore feature, a young lady on this board finally made me pull the trigger, and once it happened, I realized I should have done it long ago.

That said the ignore feature is flawed as the person you have ignored is still able to comment, and quote your posts/threads, and in doing so can attempt to challenge you without the ability to defend yourself, which has happened, IF ignore actually removed the ability for you and your ignored to interact with eachother it would be a much more useful tool.

so I can very much see why some who are even more argumentative than I, and surprisingly there are a few would not want to put people on ignore
    12-29-11 01:56 AM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD