I've studied this species carefully over the years and like all trendoids, there is a sheepish pathology to them, a deep-seated insecurity. Most of them know deep down that they aren't "cool" which increases their obsession with being perceived as "cool" [genuine "cool" of course is not getting worked up about much of anything, least of all materials and least of least of all gadgets, and has all but vanished from the American landscape] so they pretend that having a device adds to one's value. They fetishize the entire category to the point of caring about other gadgets on their perceived totem pole and seem to get personal satisfaction out of finding ways to concoct a sense of superiority on that pole, even if it's stuck right up where the sun doesn't shine.

Again, this is the very antithesis of the outmoded pretend "cool" that Jobs insidiously marketed on the backs of some rather disgusting labor practices, putrid security standards, and personal failings galore.

This is the false idol promise of The Church Of Jobs. Form over content. Style over substance. The targeted acolytes' sense of worth and identity is so tied up into that dippy device that if it looks "cool" and the marketing is "cool" then yes you too, even you insecure geeky guy, can be "cool" too.

Of course this is pure rubbish, but capitalist rat races have more or less never bothered to care about that.

The Snapplets know that Blackberry users are by and large a much more secure, practical, and less self-conscious lot [who don't buy little jackets and mittens and dooshy accessories for their tools] and they are naturally attracted to that, just as the axiom "opposites attract" promises.
    melb_me and Jake2826 like this.
    12-27-11 02:49 PM
    I've studied this species carefully over the years and like all trendoids, there is a sheepish pathology to them, a deep-seated insecurity. Most of them know deep down that they aren't "cool" which increases their obsession with being perceived as "cool" [genuine "cool" of course is not getting worked up about much of anything, least of all materials and least of least of all gadgets, and has all but vanished from the American landscape] so they pretend that having a device adds to one's value. They fetishize the entire category to the point of caring about other gadgets on their perceived totem pole and seem to get personal satisfaction out of finding ways to concoct a sense of superiority on that pole, even if it's stuck right up where the sun doesn't shine.

Again, this is the very antithesis of the outmoded pretend "cool" that Jobs insidiously marketed on the backs of some rather disgusting labor practices, putrid security standards, and personal failings galore.

This is the false idol promise of The Church Of Jobs. Form over content. Style over substance. The targeted acolytes' sense of worth and identity is so tied up into that dippy device that if it looks "cool" and the marketing is "cool" then yes you too, even you insecure geeky guy, can be "cool" too.

Of course this is pure rubbish, but capitalist rat races have more or less never bothered to care about that.

The Snapplets know that Blackberry users are by and large a much more secure, practical, and less self-conscious lot [who don't buy little jackets and mittens and dooshy accessories for their tools] and they are naturally attracted to that, just as the axiom "opposites attract" promises.
    Now that is what's called jibberish.
    12-27-11 02:53 PM
    Most of them know deep down that they aren't "cool" which increases their obsession with being perceived as "cool"
    Dang it. I can like with Mobile.

How much will the button cost to add?
    12-27-11 02:55 PM
    Now that is what's called jibberish.
    There's no gibberish like a misspelling.

Your New Year's resolution should be orthography, not empty and hollow misspelled name calling.
    12-27-11 03:04 PM
    There's no gibberish like a misspelling.

Your New Year's resolution should be orthography, not empty and hollow misspelled name calling.
    It is spelled exactly the way I meant it to be spelled, check "your" dictionary.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    12-27-11 03:08 PM
    It is spelled exactly the way I meant it to be spelled, check "your" dictionary.
    No need for that. I've got four or five, include the OED, American Heritage, Random House and Merriam-Webster, and I know exactly what the result will be.
    12-27-11 03:18 PM
    I love the site and the people and enjoy posting / reading here.

I still have my Torch 9800 as a backup phone and I own a BlackBerry PlayBook.

Plus, I don't really have brand loyalty: I get the phone or product that suits my needs at the time.
    12-27-11 03:28 PM
    No need for that. I've got four or five, include the OED, American Heritage, Random House and Merriam-Webster, and I know exactly what the result will be.
    Here you go sport......

gib�ber�ish
    noun \ˈji-b(ə-)rish, ˈgi-\

Definition of GIBBERISH

: unintelligible or meaningless language: a: a technical or esoteric language b: pretentious or needlessly obscure language

See gibberish defined for English-language learners �

See gibberish defined for kids �

Examples of GIBBERISH

She was talking gibberish in her sleep.
    <was so excited he could only talk gibberish>

Origin of GIBBERISH

probably from gibber
    First Known Use: circa 1554
    phonejunky likes this.
    12-27-11 03:34 PM
    I love my Bold 9700 even more now that I have added the Playbook to my arsenal. But my BB is company issued and they have made a decision to move towards android and\or the iPhone. Given the choice, I'm seriously thinking about joining the iPhone community. However, that doesn't mean I will leave the Crackberry forums. If nothing else, I will stick around for Playbook support and to see where RIM is headed.
    12-27-11 03:38 PM
    Here you go sport......
    I don't really care about the argument you two are having, but was curious what your point was in posting the dictionary entry that proved him right and you wrong?
    12-27-11 03:58 PM
    I don't really care about the argument you two are having, but was curious what your point was in posting the dictionary entry that proved him right and you wrong?
    Maybe he just wanted everyone to know he shot himself in the foot?

I still come here because I use both a BB and my iPhone4s. I also try to help newbies when I can and add in advice or suggestions to those who ask. Don't like the fact I use an iPhone as my main phone? Ignore me.
    12-27-11 04:10 PM
    Just an example of how arrogant and unpleasant some posters are. They can't correct a simple mistake without being nasty. I guess they release their alter egos when they get online.
    moiselles likes this.
    12-27-11 04:38 PM
    Yeah kinda funny lol
    Now Back to the topic
    12-27-11 05:18 PM
    I'm still loyal to crackberry because of the community. I was on BB for about 10 years until I made the switch to iPhone this past October. I am also still hoping that RIM turns it around and gives me a reason to switch back. I am quite pleased with the iPhone so far, works really well for business and personal, but I would still like RIM to give Apple a run.

I guess it's force of habit to still frequent crackberry since I was loyal to RIM for over a decade.
    12-27-11 06:10 PM
    *Laughing hysterically* at the Guy that owned himself. Talk about the proverbial foot in mouth!

Guy bantering up there, didn't even need to prove he was wrong, haha! Good stuff!

I own an Android, but still rock a 9700 from time to time, but usually my stepdaughter uses it. I stay here due to an awesome community and always up to date topics, RIM related or not.

Also made a few friends off here.
    12-27-11 06:39 PM
    With so many iPhone apps and iPhone users there must be a ton of boards and comunities for them to visit.
    Maybe you haven't completely checked out the Crackberry Website. There's a forum in here called iPhone & iPad Users. I do have an iPhone, but i also have a BB9000. Do you understand now?
    berry_addict likes this.
    12-27-11 07:30 PM
    Figured this thread would get "touchy". There are a lot of current, former, etc. blackberry users that moved on. There are no other forums worth a crap or they are boring. Some help and some have to be saviors to all the ignorant people that stay with bb.

I think the forum is more interesting with all nations here however sometimes threads can be run into the ground with blah blah blah.
    12-27-11 07:37 PM
    Because even though they switched to an iPhone. They still love and miss blackberry. And they know people here on crackberry are helpful to blackberry users who encounter problems
    Exactly....
    12-27-11 08:19 PM
    Despite the Shakespearean delivery, Maestrodog may not necessarily be too far off. Most financial databases (which shows various financial data on the buyers, ranging from homes, cars, goods, services, etc) I have seen on iphone users tend to show that their average financial net-worth is very low, typically no more than $20k.

Does this apply to all iphone users? Certainly not. However, according to the databases I have seen, it does apply to the general consensus of iphone users out there.
    12-27-11 08:56 PM
    Despite the Shakespearean delivery, Maestrodog may not necessarily be too far off. Most financial databases (which shows various financial data on the buyers, ranging from homes, cars, goods, services, etc) I have seen on iphone users tend to show that their average financial net-worth is very low, typically no more than $20k.

Does this apply to all iphone users? Certainly not. However, according to the databases I have seen, it does apply to the general consensus of iphone users out there.
    Oh another one, net-worth defines Iphone owners too. You disgust me.
    12-27-11 09:41 PM

Why are you even touching net worth when the blackberry market is mostly focused in under developed countries because of their "low data consumption and increased savings".

Way to throw irrelevant crap in a thread, and the other creepo talking about insecurity is even more of a joke... The h*ll is wrong with people nowadays...
    Last edited by gbsn; 12-27-11 at 10:01 PM.
    TGR1 likes this.
    12-27-11 09:58 PM

More bullpuckey than in the Chicago stockyards at the turn of the 20th century. This reads like some bad stage drama, of course playing here to a highly partisan audience.

Huh, surprising. That contradicts recent info (comScore, unknown accuracy) I have seen on the web (35+ years of age, more female, 100K/year) and my immediate experience; granted most of my acquaintances are in my socio-economic level but still, iPhone data/phone plans are not cheap.
    Last edited by TGR1; 12-27-11 at 10:34 PM.
    12-27-11 10:25 PM
    Why are you even touching net worth when the blackberry market is mostly focused in under developed countries because of their "low data consumption and increased savings".

Way to throw irrelevant crap in a thread, and the other creepo talking about insecurity is even more of a joke... The h*ll is wrong with people nowadays...
    I wouldn't know about the global market net-worths. The data I have seen applies to the American market.

Huh, surprising. That contradicts recent info (comScore, unknown accuracy) I have seen on the web (35+ years of age, more female, 100K/year) and my immediate experience; granted most of my acquaintances are in my socio-economic level but still, iPhone data/phone plans are not cheap.
    I think one problem is that most databases tend to make income appear as wealth - its not. I have a friend who is a financial adviser. She had two clients come in. The first one came in driving a 7 series BMW, wearing an Armani suit and showing a Patek Philippe watch. He had a yearly income of $150k. She checked his balance sheet and saw he was more than $2.7 million dollars in debt. The second client was a small business owner, who had a yearly income of $90k a year. She drove a Ford and was quite modest. Her net-worth? $7.8 million.

Income is nothing without net-worth, and until the data on iphone users changes, I will continue to have my reservations on their particular user-base.
    Last edited by BBFXPro777; 12-28-11 at 12:11 AM.
    12-27-11 11:44 PM
    I wouldn't know about the global market net-worths. The data I have seen applies to the American market.

I think one problem is that most databases tend to make income appear as wealth - its not. I have a friend who is a financial adviser. She had two clients come in. The first one came in driving a 7 series BMW, wearing an Armani suit and showing a Patek Philippe watch. He had a yearly income of $150k. She checked his balance sheet and saw he was more than $2.7 million dollars in debt. The second client was a small business owner, who had a yearly income of $90k a year. She drove a Ford and was quite modest. Her net-worth? $7.8 million.

Income is nothing without net-worth, and until the data on iphone users changes, I will continue to have my reservations on their particular user-base.
    So, your going by some database to form an opinion about people who buy/use iPhone?

War Is All We Know
    12-28-11 12:51 AM
    Maybe like being at a car wreck, really disgusting but you can't look away.
    LOL
    12-28-11 04:50 AM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD