Pretty sure most discussions center around criticizing a device, not the decision of buying it, so thats your problem if you want to take that personally.

But sure, if there are people directly attacking others about a device, then they have to grow up. But most discussions here are not like that.

And this is the kind of mental b****t i mentioned before.
    Click to view quoted image

Hahaha so much for asking why they argue so much.
    Precisely. I agree with constructive criticism, but some if not most is just insecurity or superiprity syndrome. @nms: you have 9900, check the posts there. Its a lot calmer now but a few months ago it was troll heaven. If someone comes in and say I have this problem.. We would help by giving options. Trolls would say, my device is great coz blah blah... U see its not helping the guy at all... As for criticism. I have a lot.. But its to rim. Not to other 9900 users. Made plenty complains about the battery.
    03-05-12 11:16 PM
    You were obviously not an Amiga user. Sometimes the parallels between those "discussions" about IBM machines and the devil Microsoft and the now RIM/Apple talk is frightening.
    I definitely hear what you are saying! I was not an Amiga user, but I was a proud owner of an Atari 800XL. I remember the banter back and forth between the Amiga user group and the Atari user group at the local university quite well!

No matter the device, no matter what year we are in, there will always be different camps that feel they are better, and in the end it doesn't really matter, because 10 years from now we will be wondering why and what was the point? (For the record I still feel my Atari was sooooo much better then the Amiga :P )
    03-05-12 11:35 PM
    Because men like to brawl and argue. It doesn't matter what, whether who is longer, bigger, better, newer etc.
    03-05-12 11:50 PM
    "we need tools, not toys, blackberrys are for work and anything else is a toy for teens" and you are like "are you f*cking kidding me?" Its just... priceless.
    Oh no sir I'm not kidding you. Does this bother you? I bet "I need actions not distractions" really tans your hide. Being honest with you an iphone really feels like a toy to me. Like a mineture game console. This is my opinion. It doesnt matter to me who agrees or dont. I pay for my own devices. They are not given to me.
    03-05-12 11:57 PM
    Oh no sir I'm not kidding you. Does this bother you? I bet "I need actions not distractions" really tans your hide. Being honest with you an iphone really feels like a toy to me. Like a mineture game console. This is my opinion. It doesnt matter to me who agrees or dont. I pay for my own devices. They are not given to me.
    So what if it feels like a you to you? Do you understand that the purpose of this thread is to try to emphasize that people should be civil to one another?
    03-06-12 12:12 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD