Their seems to a lot of "trolling" going on here from the ieverything people. Without jailbreaking and a app for just about everything what's the point? I understand the, "I have a Mac so I need a iphone", argument. Steve Jobs is doing you. Why is that so hard to see?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 03:27 AM
    Because they're fanboys. I picked up the verizon iphone at launch because I wanted to see first hand how it was. And you know what? Besides having an ipod built into my phone I don't much care for it. Like you said if you don't jailbreak the phone it's actually rather unimpressive. I does what I need it to do but, not what I want it to do. This seems to be a problem with apple products period.

There an Iphone user telling you the phone is "meh" at best.
    04-28-11 03:55 AM
    Because they're fanboys. I picked up the verizon iphone at launch because I wanted to see first hand how it was. And you know what? Besides having an ipod built into my phone I don't much care for it. Like you said if you don't jailbreak the phone it's actually rather unimpressive. I does what I need it to do but, not what I want it to do. This seems to be a problem with apple products period.

There an Iphone user telling you the phone is "meh" at best.
    But but.. it's about the apps, they're everything!

On another note, I like how smooth the UI is, and however much I disagree that apps are everything, I would have gotten an iPhone myself if not for the notification system.
    04-28-11 04:21 AM
    I was on my way to getting an IP5 until I saw the Atrix. It's a very nice device if you don't expect the same thing as a BB. I was so disgusted with the battery life on my 3GS that I returned it. I actually liked the device except for the fact that the battery life was atrocious, I could not replace it myself, and there was no multitasking.
    I was looking forward to the iP5, at least since they improved the battery life and did some very limited multitasking.
    04-28-11 04:34 AM
    Regardless of what people think apple is similar to rim. They font have the latest and greatest stuff in their devices. Like stated the os is very smooth. Haven't seen another device anywhere near as smooth. And the apps? Alot of the apps on apple aren't free. Android almost always had a lite or demo version of an app so I could test it out first. And I wont lye I don't care for apps. Phone calls, texting, and email are important to me. And some room for my music during boring meetings is a high priority want. Sadly the main reason I got an iPhone. Again it's "meh"

04-28-11 06:50 AM
    Their seems to a lot of "trolling" going on here from the ieverything people. Without jailbreaking and a app for just about everything what's the point? I understand the, "I have a Mac so I need a iphone", argument. Steve Jobs is doing you. Why is that so hard to see?

I have a mac, but I don't own an iPhone and would never want to. I prefer Mac computers over windows, especially since I have windows on it anyways. They're just loyal to Jobs, unlike most people on this site who are loyal to RIM. It's just their preference as to what they like better. As for the built-in iPod.. My BB can do that too. It may not be an exact iThing but it works just as good.
    04-28-11 07:44 AM
    Why does it bother people so much what phone other people have? There are millions of iPhones sold every year so they must fill a need for a lot of people. So does Blackberry. Different phones, different needs.

As for trolls, just ignore them and they will go away.
    04-28-11 07:49 AM
    I don't think its them loving Jobs.
    Jobs doesn't do you unless you don't know it.
    Most nerds with iPhones i see these days are people who just want to fit in. Which I find pathetic.

I have a PC and lots of iPods.
    I see the attraction to iPhone. but i feel like I would do better with an iPod touch.
    iPhones are just.. the notification system is horrible.
    The multitasking is horrible because so many app developers just wanted to stick it into their apps just because.
    04-28-11 07:49 AM
    I'm not sure they WILL go away. Anyway, I think most of the people who have iPhones are those that aren't constantly playing with their phone. How much can you do with it besides downloading apps? With Android, you can constantly change the look of the screens. Blackberry is the same as the iphone in that most of what you can do is move icons around however at least with BB you get unparalelled custimazation of notifications, outstanding messaging (e-mail, text and IM), the best battery life and excellent call quality. THAT is why I am now choosing Blackberry although I will admit to having an Android tablet just because I don't think BB excels in the browsing area which is ok because it is SO good at the other stuff.
    04-28-11 07:56 AM
    Because they're better than Blackberries for most consumers, and why are people pushing the envelope in how snobby they can be towards "those people" in an attempt to get them to jump in the thread to defend themselves? Disingenuous, much?

People don't get iPhones cause they have a mac. Most iPhone users are Windows users (because Mac Desktop Marketshare in relation to iOS marketshare is not high enough for the majority of iOS users to be Mac users). They get them because they just are better. iTouch is also the best PMP on the market, and an iPhone is basically an iTouch with additional cell phone hardware in it.

Getting an iPhone for someone who would otherwise get an iTouch/iPod is about as much a nobrainer as getting a WP7 device if you would otherwise get a ZuneHD/Zune.

Apple's services/stores and other products are also tied to their hardware/OSes/software, as well... And they do tend to have better contracts with studios etc. than their competitors (Microsoft being the closest, and they're miniscule by comparison even after all the work they've done).

A lot of people who get those devices don't buy them solely for phones, or solely just for one purpose. They buy into the entire ecosystem. Apple is a one-stop shop for much of what they need and that is incredibly convenient (no need for 10 different logins to buy music/videos/etc.).

It's not always solely about the device all the time. Stuff like Call Quality etc. has become less of an issue since Verizon has the iPhone now, and a lot of people don't use their phones as phones as much as they used to so they weigh that in less than they would i.e. 5 years ago. I used 60 minutes total last month, for example...
    Last edited by N8ter; 04-28-11 at 11:33 AM.
    04-28-11 11:24 AM
    I think there are a couple of reasons. I know some people who were early adopters. When the iPhone came it, it was a pretty big deal. Sure, it simply combined what some other phones were already doing into one package, but the marketing hype made this a Major Innovation. Those early adopters have been happy with how their iPhone works for them, and have not seen a reason to change. I can't fault this viewpoint. If you are entirely happy with how something works, why not stick with it?

And there are people for whom it's a status symbol, who feel the need to own iEverything because they are 'gadget geeks'. Not really my definition of geek, more my definition of herd-following consumer. But it's their money, so who am I to quibble?

In the end, I'm in the 'get what works for you' camp.
    04-28-11 11:41 AM

They buy into the entire ecosystem. Apple is a one-stop shop for much of what they need and that is incredibly convenient (no need for 10 different logins to buy music/videos/etc.).

This is why I will not buy Apple products. I don't want to HAVE to go to Apple for every thing I need. To me that BS. I want to choose where I get stuff for my device. I want to choose how I use my device.
    04-28-11 12:20 PM
    I was on my way to getting an IP5 until I saw the Atrix. It's a very nice device if you don't expect the same thing as a BB. I was so disgusted with the battery life on my 3GS that I returned it. I actually liked the device except for the fact that the battery life was atrocious, I could not replace it myself, and there was no multitasking.
    I was looking forward to the iP5, at least since they improved the battery life and did some very limited multitasking.
    And when exactly was this IP5 available and the pricing of it. It is not even in production yet.
    04-28-11 01:56 PM
    I think he meant if everything went according to his plan that was going to be his next smartphone(ip5). It don't because the Atrix came along and messed that up.

04-28-11 02:11 PM
    I have an iPhone (along with a Droid and I recently sold my Droid X) and a MacBook Pro a long with an iPod Touch. I have these products because I like them. Not because I am trying to fit in and not because Steve Jobs is doing me.

It is a personal choice. What I find pathetic is that people assume people have these products because they think people are just trying to fit in and because people think Jobs is a god. Not every Apple user is like this. Actually, the majority aren't, but the diehard fanboys are.
    04-28-11 02:17 PM
    And when exactly was this IP5 available and the pricing of it. It is not even in production yet.
    She means she was going to wait for the iPhone 5 but instead got the Atrix. By saying "on my way" she meant that would have been her purchase instead.
    04-28-11 02:22 PM
    I have a macbook and will not go back to windows because my experience has been nothing but positive. My macbook is faster than my PC and my pc has much better specs. It went through a terrible accident and slammed against my dashboard and still works fine.

Having said that , I prefer blackberries. I thought of getting an iphone but I need a keyboard and honestly EVERYONE has an iphone. That annoys me because I think that there are better products out there that people tend to ignore. I guess it's because it's trendy- great marketing on their part.
    04-28-11 03:15 PM
    Of course it isn't. As my friends above explained I was heading towards getting one, but went for the Atrix instead.
    04-28-11 03:18 PM
    I have an iPhone (along with a Droid and I recently sold my Droid X) and a MacBook Pro a long with an iPod Touch. I have these products because I like them. Not because I am trying to fit in and not because Steve Jobs is doing me.

It is a personal choice. What I find pathetic is that people assume people have these products because they think people are just trying to fit in and because people think Jobs is a god. Not every Apple user is like this. Actually, the majority aren't, but the diehard fanboys are.
    I am not a Jobs fan, but he is brilliant at what he does. I like many Apple products.
    04-28-11 03:23 PM
    I am not a Jobs fan, but he is brilliant at what he does. I like many Apple products.
    Agreed. The only reason I respect the man is because he knows what he is doing. I'm not a fan of his attitude.
    04-28-11 03:26 PM
    I have the best of all worlds, a jailbroken ipod touch, a BB Bold, a PlayBook, and a cheapie Droid tablet! Different devices work for different people, and some of us poor schmucks gotta have it all!
    04-28-11 03:30 PM
    I have a macbook and will not go back to windows because my experience has been nothing but positive. My macbook is faster than my PC and my pc has much better specs. It went through a terrible accident and slammed against my dashboard and still works fine.

Having said that , I prefer blackberries. I thought of getting an iphone but I need a keyboard and honestly EVERYONE has an iphone. That annoys me because I think that there are better products out there that people tend to ignore. I guess it's because it's trendy- great marketing on their part.
    I don't really care that everyone has an iPhone or an iPad for that matter. Blackberry phones have many advantages over iPhones when used as an actual phone and for messaging. Those particular advantages don't apply in the tablet space (at least for me).
    04-28-11 03:52 PM

They are ONLY nerd wannabe's if they have an iPhone. Or, too young to own a real phone and still have to play with the toy phones.
    04-28-11 03:56 PM
    They are ONLY nerd wannabe's if they have an iPhone. Or, too young to own a real phone and still have to play with the toy phones.
    Can you explain how the iPhone is not a real phone, being that it can make calls like every other phone? Can you explain what makes the iPhone a toy and a BB not a toy, since it can message, email, make calendar entries, has Exchange support out of the box, has a notepad and has 1000s of business oriented apps? Can you also explain why many companies are getting rid of BES in favor of these so called "toys"? I'm sure these companies are getting rid of them just so all their employees can play Angry Birds, right?

The toy comments get really old, and have no credibility because EVERY single smarphone can be used as a toy. Some others just have the hardware where they can do it better.

Nerd wannabe? Last time I checked, no one tries to be a nerd, it just comes naturally.
    Last edited by avt123; 04-28-11 at 04:09 PM.
    04-28-11 04:03 PM
    Going rapidly downhill. Closed.
    valorian likes this.
    04-28-11 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD