I'm on AT&T and usually when I go in to switch phones from an iPhone to BlackBerry or vice versa, I get different reactions depending on the store. There's an AT&T store right next to my house that still has the Z10 out right in front of the store, and usually the reps there are never rude or make comments about the BlackBerry. I actually had this one lady who gushed over it and said how much she loved the Q10 and its keyboard. I've also got in arguments with reps at different stores who want to bash BlackBerry when I bring it in, and all I have to say to them is "There are other really good platforms out there that aren't an Android or an iPhone."
    neo158 likes this.
    08-31-14 02:32 PM
    Have you ever talked with one? Intelligent isn't the first word that springs to mind.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    I don't think broad generalizations of people in a particular job serves any purpose. We can debate without demeaning others.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    08-31-14 02:56 PM
    Point of sale. Any company wanting to stay in business has to make sure that it's product is easy to buy.
    As far as the sales reps are concerned, I'm sure that working in a carrier store isn't a big paying job. Of course the reps want some extra scratch.
    As far as one brand having high returns, I have heard that some have higher returns over the others.
    As to what suits you best, if it's Blackberry, Android, iPhone or windows, who cares?
    If Blackberry wants to sell devices, it needs to 1) give people a compelling reason to switch from their current platform, and 2) make it easy to do so. Then deliver.
    08-31-14 04:48 PM
    From my experiences with the local AT&T store..the sales reps avoid pushing Blackberry because most of them are clueless on the features that Blackberry offers and how to navigate the offered devices. For example, 2 days after the Passport was released I went in to simply transfer my service from my Z10 and get the proper micro sim card.. All the sales reps avoided helping me on an extremely busy (new iPhone release) day as if I had the plague. Until I cornered one and explained exactly what I wanted. They all laughed after I exposed their weakness and they admitted they were avoiding me to the customer filled store. I offered them a training course on my Passport in exchange for a service discount which they humorously declined. Point is know what you got, and what you don't know seek guidance via CB.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 10:38 AM
    More commission on Android and IPHONEs

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 12:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's easily fixed, no?
    11-05-14 12:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    When will people realize that this is a myth?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 06:42 PM
107 ... 345