Part of the reason why RIM has such a bad image is also because of their own doing. They don't do enough marketing and when they do it is not always on the money. Before this all they did was promote BBM, while that's cool and all but the general population cares about features. So in that sense many people view BB phones as featureless.
    01-23-12 11:14 PM
    Sucks to be where you're from...
    Not really....

It is actually nice to be around decent upright hard working people. I spent enough time in the city, never liked those self absorbed starbucks blogging db's much.
    01-23-12 11:19 PM
    met�ro�sex�u�al  [me-troh-sek-shoo-uhl]
    noun
    a heterosexual, usually urban male who pays much attention to his personal appearance cultivates an upscale lifestyle, has a higher-than-usual amount of disposable cash and is successful with the opposite sex.

Y'up! Jack was definitely metro.
    If someone ever calls you a metro, I wouldn't take it as a compliment.
    01-23-12 11:20 PM
    I just jumped in this sinking-ship,change samsung to 9360 for wife, bought playbook at 200 bucks, and will choose 9900 ito cover 3GS.
    01-23-12 11:21 PM
    People hate on Blackberry mostly because they are bandwagoners and at this current date and time it is cool to bash blackberry.
    funny you should mention this because I've noticed a trend on this forum where there's a small group of about 4-5 frequent posters who also frequently post in threads that have something to do with RIM's reputation. If they don't post something negative, they'll usually post some quick off topic comment. You may even spot a couple of them in this thread...

Curiously, I never see posts by these people in threads asking for technical help, and they're conspicuously absent in threads of a positive nature. Interesting.
    01-24-12 02:46 AM
    Good point. I notice the same thing too. Sometimes, they do pop up in threads of positive nature except that they are there to spout gloom and doom. And thus eradicate any positive feeling from such thread.
    01-24-12 04:11 AM
    Katy Perry even tweeted about how she switched to iPhone and came back running to Blackberry after a few days.
    And yet the new CEO at RIM was in charge of product development and marketing during his time with the company. The more things change the more they stay the same. No faith in Heins as CEO based on his performance to date in his COO capacity. Research In Motion needs a management team with passion not a "stay the course." If all product released announced for February 2012 are not 100% flawless I will be sending the board members a copy of Katy Perry's song " ."
    01-24-12 05:28 AM
    And those kids on Jersey Shore use BBs too.

RIM should sue for that. Last people I'd want promoting anything except mass suicide by jumping into the Grand Canyon.
    01-24-12 08:20 AM
    I live and work in NYC, and what I notice is mainly women and gay/fashionista looking men are attracted to iphones while masculine looking men flock to either androids or blackberrys. I see it every day while riding the train to and from work.

Now i'm not bashing the iphone. I'm a previous owner of the IP4 and I must say its a great phone with excellent reliable OS. I only came back to BB because I cant stand texting on a non physical keyboard. If apple were to come out a touchscreen/physical keyboard device, that would be the nail in the coffin for RIM.
    Last edited by deevel79; 01-24-12 at 09:53 AM.
    JoyfulHeart35 likes this.
    01-24-12 09:50 AM
    Most of the users used to choose BB for push mail and BBM but recently many smartphones have similar features. BB should improve OS and apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    01-24-12 10:02 AM
    I live and work in NYC, and what I notice is mainly women and gay/fashionista looking men are attracted to iphones while masculine looking men flock to either androids or blackberrys. I see it every day while riding the train to and from work.
    Uh, I suppose if your observation is safe, ours is as well...

You're in NYC and you're riding a train. Not exactly a representative sample of American phone users!!!
    01-24-12 10:04 AM
    I've noticed the same thing up in Canada.
    01-24-12 10:13 AM
    Not sure how well the Kardashians will help lol, but like what was mentioned you see them using them on the show. Amongst other celeb's. Im not one to go running to buy something because so and so has it but there are some marketing ideas. Especialy if some are going to the iphone then switching back to Blackberrys.
    01-27-12 03:07 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD