I see one thing RIM should be taking advantage of. Celebs with BlackBerrys. It seems like flipping through tv channels, all these celebs on reality tv (shoot me) has a BB. Im sure they want apps, themes, and all the good stuff like us addicts do?
    01-22-12 08:53 PM
    I completely agree.

I mean Kim K (despite her rep, she has over 12 million followers) has been using a Blackberry since the beginning of time and currently sports the Bold 9900 in almost EVERY scene on her show. Her sisters use the new Bold too.

As far as we know, RIM hasn't used her at all for some promo, even though she's practically doing it for free.

Katy Perry even tweeted about how she switched to iPhone and came back running to Blackberry after a few days.

Even on twitter, tons of celebrity's tweets are sent from Twitter for Blackberry or Ubersocial for Blackberry.
    Last edited by shemaree09; 01-22-12 at 11:32 PM.
    01-22-12 11:22 PM
    Not their bad, just slow in the whole evolution of smartphones.
    01-22-12 11:25 PM
    RIM's product culture conflicts with the current American product culture.

Take that as you wish.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-12 12:44 AM
    I see one thing RIM should be taking advantage of. Celebs with BlackBerrys. It seems like flipping through tv channels, all these celebs on reality tv (shoot me) has a BB. Im sure they want apps, themes, and all the good stuff like us addicts do?
    Tori Spelling uses a BB in her show though last week, she was using an iPhone, not her BB. Her DH uses an iPhone so it may have been his. Billy the Exterminator also uses a BB when his mother calls to give him jobs. There's two right there.

I did see something about one of the Kardashian sisters dumping her BB for an iPhone. I can't stand any of them, but when it's plastered all over every news page in America when either of them does anything, it's hard not to notice. Forget bombings in Iraq or someone important dies. That takes a back seat to what phone the Kardashian sisters are using.
    01-23-12 09:31 AM
    I completely agree.

I mean Kim K (despite her rep, she has over 12 million followers) has been using a Blackberry since the beginning of time and currently sports the Bold 9900 in almost EVERY scene on her show. Her sisters use the new Bold too.

As far as we know, RIM hasn't used her at all for some promo, even though she's practically doing it for free.

Katy Perry even tweeted about how she switched to iPhone and came back running to Blackberry after a few days.

Even on twitter, tons of celebrity's tweets are sent from Twitter for Blackberry or Ubersocial for Blackberry.
    RIM gives celebrities blackberries for free when they have gifting events for award season etc. Apple doesn't.
    01-23-12 09:52 AM
    Read the histoy of RIM and you'll see why people say that.
    01-23-12 09:56 AM
    That is definitely something they should not focus on. Not important.
    RIM gives celebrities blackberries for free when they have gifting events for award season etc. Apple doesn't.
    Probably because apple doesn't need to.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    Not trying their best.
    Their sales plummeted.
    01-23-12 10:19 AM
    real question is why are they scared of rim .
    to a point they pay bad pub for them.
    i bet anything in the comming weeks yahoo will be putting new rim in danger type news again
    01-23-12 10:26 AM
    I completely agree.

Good points. Certainly, if anyone can help RIM fix its image problem, it's Kim Kardashian and Katy Perry.
    Chrisy, iN8ter, JBenn911 and 3 others like this.
    01-23-12 10:31 AM
    People hate on Blackberry mostly because they are bandwagoners and at this current date and time it is cool to bash blackberry.

Is it just me or is the iphone becoming the feminine phone? I work and live in what people would call a blue collar working class town. A male with an iphone often gets his sexuality questioned.
    01-23-12 02:39 PM
    Is it just me or is the iphone becoming the feminine phone? I work and live in what people would call a blue collar working class town. A male with an iphone often gets his sexuality questioned.
    That sounds like a great place to live.
    addicted44 likes this.
    01-23-12 02:46 PM
    People hate on Blackberry mostly because they are bandwagoners and at this current date and time it is cool to bash blackberry.
    This.

Every time I get slandered for my phone, I ask why they feel that way and they never have a clear answer. I even tell them pretty valid reasons why I like MY phone, and they still dont get a clue.

There are usually 2 types of BB haters:

1. Used to have an old 8330 (or other dinosaur Blackberry) with OS 4 or 5, upgraded to iPhone/Android and never looked back or
    2. clueless, bandwagoner
    Last edited by shemaree09; 01-23-12 at 02:55 PM.
    01-23-12 02:51 PM
    I don't think that has anything to do with the number of celebs who use BB. Half the celebs on the CB Celebrity Roundup are using older devices anyways, 97xx series Bolds, 9800 Torches, a couple curves sprinkled here and there. Some may use a free one here or there, but I doubt it's enough to make a difference.
    01-23-12 02:51 PM

Okay. Wow.

It is usually hard to squeeze in so much misogyny into one post. Well done!

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    01-23-12 03:08 PM
    People bash things that have negative images associated with them. Remember the Toyota problems with the cars not stopping? RIM has a lot of bad press going on with the delays in BBX and the half baked PlayBook being released before it should have. When all you do is sub par, expect to be bashed.

Doubt it. I see just as many men with iPhones as I do with women. I had to go to a meeting earlier and two out of of three of the male docs in the meeting had iPhones. I see many men on a daily basis with iPhones. My ex has an iPhone. Sister's husband has an iPhone.
    01-23-12 03:26 PM
    Doubt it. I see just as many men with iPhones as I do with women. I had to go to a meeting earlier and two out of of three of the male docs in the meeting had iPhones. I see many men on a daily basis with iPhones. My ex has an iPhone. Sister's husband has an iPhone.
    Maybe it is just where I am from then. Iphone is kinda viewed as a "metro" phone. Guys with man purses have iphones.
    01-23-12 03:42 PM
    Maybe it is just where I am from then. Iphone is kinda viewed as a "metro" phone. Guys with man purses have iphones.
    Maybe it is where you're from.
    01-23-12 03:52 PM
    I don't get purses. I'm a female and I don't carry one. Don't need it as I don't carry the entire world with me.

Jack Bauer had a man purse on 24. I bet he'd carry an iPhone.
    JBenn911 likes this.
    01-23-12 04:04 PM
    I don't get purses. I'm a female and I don't carry one. Don't need it as I don't carry the entire world with me.

Jack Bauer had a man purse on 24. I bet he'd carry an iPhone.
    met�ro�sex�u�al  [me-troh-sek-shoo-uhl]
    noun
    a heterosexual, usually urban male who pays much attention to his personal appearance cultivates an upscale lifestyle, has a higher-than-usual amount of disposable cash and is successful with the opposite sex.

Y'up! Jack was definitely metro.
    01-23-12 04:33 PM
    I completely agree.

And those kids on Jersey Shore use BBs too.

But who cares.

How many people do you know bought a BB because Snookie or Kim Kardashian has one?

I don't know any.
    01-23-12 06:27 PM
    I would say a majority of the hate comes not from personal use, but just from what people hear in the tabloids, and yes, they need a promo with os5 and os4 users, to keep them from going to iphones and to make the. aware of the new os7...
    01-23-12 09:30 PM
    Sucks to be where you're from...
    01-23-12 09:54 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD