Just small defense of 2 meg camera

I have 5 meg on my LG and it's far too easy to equate more pixels = best - but unless you actually print it out in photo quality you wont benefit from anything over 2 meg pixels - hands up who has a monitor over 1600 x 1200?

99% of pictures I take are for web pages, facebook etc, emailing, burning to DVD (watched on TV) - even my Mum sends me her photos (taken with a proper camera) to put on DVD (less than 2 meg)

Being able to take quick snap shots on site and email them to my boss or upload to facebook totally outweighs any benefit of seeing it in photo print trillion to one

you dont need a gazillion pixels to have lot of fun
    09-10-10 07:21 AM
    My Curve 8900 has:

3.2MP camera
    Flash
    High resolution screen
    Great keyboard
    WiFi
    Brilliant battery life

I love the size and weight and it's very solid feeling (apart from the back cover is a little lightweight).

This is my first Blackberry and I have only had my Cuve a few weeks, but I love it already and so much better than any of my previous phones and its great having a proper keyboard again after having touch screens
    Last edited by harters; 09-10-10 at 07:44 AM.
    09-10-10 07:42 AM
    I absolutely loved my 8900.
    09-10-10 08:48 AM
    I should've gotten the 8900 instead of the 9700 lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 09:07 AM
    My curve was cheap, has a camera w/flash, and wifi. Only issue with the 8320 IMO is the memory.
    09-10-10 09:10 AM
    I loved my cuve 83xx with ATT, but I couldn't go back from my Bold 9700 or 9650. I do wish the keyboard from my curve was on my two BB Bolds
    09-10-10 05:20 PM
    It's the same reason why people buy the smallest capacity iPhone, the bigger and better one doesn't REALLY get you anything more than the cheaper one. Yes the Bold has more memory and arguably a nicer keyboard but lets be honest, every BlackBerry does the same thing almost identically. Curve is an awesome phone for the money, why spend more for the same experience?
    09-11-10 12:58 AM
    I've seen free curves in UK from as little as �10 a month with unlimited internet and plenty minutes/texts for existing Virgin Media customers. Hard to beat I'd say.

09-11-10 02:54 AM
    I guess if you have nails, it can help to make the typing experience better.
    This is so true. My wife loved her Curve's keyboard for this reason. She switched over to an iPhone 4 and now half the texts she sends me are a garbled mess.
    09-11-10 07:44 AM
    .. I guess if you have nails, it can help to make the typing experience better...
    Takes me back about 10 years when the mobile flavour was smallest = best
    My mate (who is road worker with thumbs the size of shovels) pulled out this tiny mobile to show off to us at the bar & whilst he was trying to dial, no joke, his one thumb could cover the whole keyboard - we were in hysterics as he tried hopelessly to put my number in
    09-11-10 08:29 AM
    The Curve's specifically designed to be an entry level model so it's built to be cheap and affordable, Especially for first time BB Users...

Nuff Said.
    09-11-10 08:34 AM
    Takes me back about 10 years when the mobile flavour was smallest = best
    My mate (who is road worker with thumbs the size of shovels) pulled out this tiny mobile to show off to us at the bar & whilst he was trying to dial, no joke, his one thumb could cover the whole keyboard - we were in hysterics as he tried hopelessly to put my number in
    Lol, Zoolander springs to mind with his tiny phone

09-11-10 09:09 AM
    As a student, I bought myself the Curve 9360 for �240, boxed from Carphone Warehouse.
    I owned a Bold 9000 before that and I always wanted the 9900, but it's far too expensive for my pocket.

I chose the 9360 purely because it's cheaper than the 9900 and even the Bold 9780! (This is going along Carphone Warehouse prices, street prices are way different)

It runs OS 7, decent processor, the look and feel of it is great (very light!) and the buttons are good too.

I believe the Curve series are aimed at the teenage group, affordable and it still has the main BlackBerry features.
    12-10-11 08:27 PM
    As a student, I bought myself the Curve 9360 for �240, boxed from Carphone Warehouse.
    I owned a Bold 9000 before that and I always wanted the 9900, but it's far too expensive for my pocket.

I chose the 9360 purely because it's cheaper than the 9900 and even the Bold 9780! (This is going along Carphone Warehouse prices, street prices are way different)

It runs OS 7, decent processor, the look and feel of it is great (very light!) and the buttons are good too.

I believe the Curve series are aimed at the teenage group, affordable and it still has the main BlackBerry features.
    I'm 39 and love my Curve.
    12-10-11 08:36 PM
    The Curve series is and always will be my favorite.

Plus, its the only model I never ever had an issue/problem with.
    Last edited by up488; 12-11-11 at 12:18 AM.
    12-10-11 09:06 PM
    Curve was aimed at large corporations that roll out hundreds and thousands of BBs, RIM practically give them away for installing a BES server. But I think now the curve seris is gearing up towards price sensitive retail consumers.

And damn, have you held the new 9360, they are REALLY nice!
    12-10-11 09:57 PM
    Different strokes for different folks i guess. Next time your walking down the street, have a look at what peoples phones are, I'm willing to bet you will see alot of 83XX.
    you are so right!
    I still have my 8330, I love that little phone and won't give it up, like the keyboard way more than the 9700. I see so many 8330's, trackball and all, still being used around town.
    12-10-11 10:59 PM
    Me too I still see many 8330's around. I guess cause its a cheap smart phone
    with a decent camera+flash that can be purchased used or refurbished cheap.
    I purchased a Refurbished Red one for $60 bucks and sent it to someone in my
    country a month ago and the person still telling me how amazing that phone is lol.
    12-10-11 11:37 PM
    I'm CEO at a small NPO. We simply can not afford Bolds.
    And hey, Curves are BlackBerrys - and better than every other brand out there...
    Last edited by PeterRei; 12-11-11 at 03:02 AM.
    ThePoisonBerry likes this.
    12-11-11 02:59 AM
    I was upgrading from a regular phone to a smartphone last year when I got my 8530 so I was hesitant to go all out and buy a really expensive smartphone with bells and whistles I knew I wouldn't need or make use of. I love pressing buttons so BB was my front runner and the Curve seemed like a nice beginner smartphone.

It's going to sound silly but the biggest deciding factor for me came down to colour. I love colour and I get bored with the standard black & white most phones come in (though I love white phones). Anyway my carrier had a red curve and it was love at first sight lol.

It's served me well ever since.
    12-11-11 03:24 AM
    I could have gone with a Curve model, but I was the type to get the bold. If this baby ever dies on me, I'll be getting a loaner tmobile 9780 curve, or the 9300, or anything blackberry that supports AWS 1700 (3G that is) that I could find to hold me until this one's replaced. If that event ever comes to surfacing. The older curves simply kick *** due to their ruggedness. I remember seeing one get dropped down the stairs of the subway, all 26 steps, and worked fine.
    12-11-11 03:29 AM
    Used the 8310 for probably 5 years. I think that's a better keyboard than the 9900, though I may just be in the adjustment phase.

Sound/call quality on that phone was better.

I looked at the newer curve, but it just didn't seem to compare to my old curve, so I jumped up. I still think they are great phones...
    12-11-11 05:45 AM
    LOL!!!! Had to do a double take when I first saw this thread! Curve with a 2.0 camera? What?!?! Then I noticed the post was from 2010.

That said....I love the 9360. As a matter of fact, I might get the pink Telus, unlocked. They've got it on ebay.
    Unless they begin selling it here in red for the holidays. I'd jump on it.

Oh! what I love about it? The keyboard and the size. I LOVED my 8310. It was perfect. Been trying to find a phone I could love as much as I loved that little thing. A 9360 in burgundy might fit the bill.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 12-11-11 at 06:02 AM.
    12-11-11 06:00 AM
    Last month I "downgraded" from a Bold 9650 to the Curve 9350. I lave it whena downgrade is in reality an upgrade.

The main reasons I chose the Curve:
    1. Price. I got mine for free after rebate. Hard to beat free and I didn't want to spend a bunch of money with BB10 phones supposedly just around the corner.
    2. Size and keyboard. I missed the curve keyboard. I like the clickey/separated keys better. The size is perfect for my pocket. Drop it in a pocket and it just disappears. Very comfortable to carry.
    12-11-11 07:27 AM
    I loved my 9300 and still do, first BB I ever got and did what I needed, I wouldve used it longer but a very persuasive salesperson offered me a good deal on the Torch in White so I went for it. Now on the 9900 which I love and is a beast compared to the 9300, but I still keep it, cos it's reliable and you never know when you might need it!
    12-11-11 07:39 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD