why would people buy a phone so they can play games and watch movies boggles the mind .... seriously
    Please, please tell me you're being sarcastic. I really hope so, because that amount of delusion is ridiculous.
    bbq10l, h20work, ihys and 1 others like this.
    10-09-13 08:43 AM
    why would people buy a phone so they can play games and watch movies boggles the mind .... seriously
    It "boggles the mind" because you're ignoring the obvious: most people don't buy a phone to play games and watch movies; the buy a phone that can do whatever they need it to do and also play games and movies. At the same time, playing games and/or watching movies on a phone is no more arbitrary a use than doing business work. In fact, I could argue that a phone is far better suited for games/movies than preparing text documents and/or spreadsheets.
    10-09-13 08:49 AM
    I can't speak for anyone else, but here are a few reasons I need apps.

I deal with high end navigation and entertainment systems on yachts. Apps are available to mirror the displays of the navigation equipment and even control it remotely. Apps are availble to use your phone or tablet as a universal remote control for complex AV systems. I can replace a dozen remote controls with a tablet that has a custom gui that's simple for anyone to use.

Apps are incredibly useful since the bb10 browser don't have text reflow and zooming in requires 2 hands.

Apps are useful for keeping track of receipts and applying them to proper accounts.

Some of us need more than email and a browser to get through the day. Just an FYI, the browser is an app
    Tre Lawrence and Sexy Sadie like this.
    10-09-13 09:33 PM
    Well, in my case I like apps like Instagram because that's where my friends are and it's only natural people to want to be connected to their close friends. I want to interact with them. If it was not for the android runtime, I wouldn't use a BB10 smartphone today. I need apps, I need an app for my email, luckily, BlackBerry one is enough, I need my facebook, twitter, whatsapp and an app for voice calls/video chats (Skype, not bbm). I get all those so I'm fine with the phone, but other people want to record Vine videos and most of them don't want to sideload.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 09:45 PM
104 ... 345