I don't have a lot of time at the moment to call the carrier, etc.

I have a 9700 running .545 on T-Mobile. I bought the phone outright and am not a part of a company with BES.

However, when I look at Services Status, both BlackBerry Internet Service AND BlackBerry Enterprise Server show connections. I went into Advanced Options / Enterprise Activation, and sure enough it lists one of my email boxes (a gmail account) as activated.

A funny thing is, the Enterprise Activation option didn't used to be there. I know this for a fact, because my quicklaunch toggle for GPS is broken now. GPS used to be the 6th item, now it's the 7th (with the addition of "Enterprise Activation").

I have reregistered with the network and resent service books. Any other ideas, or do I just need to talk to T-Mobile tonight when I've got the time to sit on hold?

Also, could someone be reading my emails or otherwise gaining control of my device?

EDIT: Also done battery pulls, fwiw.
    03-18-10 12:35 PM
    Nothing? Did I post this in the wrong forum?
    No one has seen this behavior before?
    03-18-10 07:25 PM
    Maybe consider the fact that your question is so hackneyed, droll and over done that anyone with half a brain (which I obviously do not have) would thread search?
    03-18-10 11:51 PM
    XEJU I have no help for your ? but i fully understood what you were asking, disreguard the statement for mr f**Ktared! what an A**hole!
    03-19-10 01:49 AM
    anyone with half a brain (which I obviously do not have)
    BINGO!

Despite all the help from smartypants here with all the answers he didn't link to, I called the carrier. Not having an answer, they referred me to RIM. An extremely rare situation can cause this. I will post in more detail tomorrow in case someone should do a thread search (like the dozen or so I did). Instead of wading through all the people asking the difference between BIS and BES, hopefully the answer RIM gave me will help them.
    03-19-10 01:57 AM
    According to the rep from RIM, it's possible for an admin, while adding a user to BES, to mistype a PIN. If someone, somewhere accidentally put my PIN in as a BES user, I might see the behavior I described.

This may be covered in some of the threads asking if anyone can access your device by having your PIN, but I'll convey what he told me:

First, I am not on a BES data plan which would prevent access that way. (I didn't ask about BESX.)

Second, the person adding me would not have my IMEI which is necessary for access.

Third, he said they would need physical access to my device. He asked if the phone had previously been used with BES. I told him it had not, that I bought it new. Then he had me check Options/Security Options/Advanced Security Options. Because there were no IT Policies present, no one had accessed the phone.

The rep said the connection should eventually disappear.

If this is helpful for someone, great. If not, let it fade into obscurity.
    03-19-10 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD