i guess that RIM doesnt care about users outside canada
    04-05-12 02:02 AM
    That is sooo sad. we deserve some good free apps too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-05-12 02:07 AM
    Because last month we got screwed out of the free app promotion everyone in the US got?

I only downloaded a couple, most of them are crappy games, so you aren't really missing out on a lot.

Sent from mah braiiiiinzzzz using
    Tapatalk
    04-05-12 02:14 AM
    the us is still getting the free apps as of right now. So unless your outside the US or Canada are you guys getting them to?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-05-12 02:54 AM
    is this REALLY worth a thread?...
    04-05-12 05:39 AM
    is this REALLY worth a thread?...

maybe.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    04-05-12 06:29 AM
    Because the US and Canada are declining markets for RIM. They are trying to do whatever they can to keep customers in the declining markets. Why should they give away free apps in booming markets like Indonesia, Philippines, etc.? Those markets are buying the phones with no promotions. You only give stuff away when you have too, not just for the of it.
    TGR1 likes this.
    04-05-12 07:21 AM
    The promotion doesnt give you $77 to use wherever you want in the Appstore, it makes a list of a dozen-or-so apps free, most games and some talking apps. Nothing spectacular but free is free, so download to try them out and then delete most of them.

RIM tries to do a nice thing and as usual gets complaints because they offer some regions promos and others not. First USA only, Canada gets shut out of the deal, now World complains because USA-Canada only. RIM does a nice gesture and people still not happy.

If you wait a few months I am sure it will extend to world. Canada was not initially included either, took a few weeks. It will come, but meanwhile you arent missing much, so dont feel left out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    04-05-12 07:31 AM
    Well, Canucks got pissed when the free apps were given to the US only. Seems fair that other countries get pissed when the offer is extended to Canada/US.

Sometimes you get lucky, other times, ya don't. Sides, it's not like any of the apps are the greatest things since sliced bread. I picked up Cribbage. That's it.
    04-05-12 09:25 AM
    I had to vent this because it makes me mad. Why is it that I just read in CrackBerry that RIM has decided to extend the free premium app offer to Canada? I understand that my friends in the north and I may have some differences but it gets to me that I read we get different services from RIM. Why have only free apps to us in America when the damn company was formed in Canada? Maybe this is the way it has been but I wouldn't stay with an American company that gave all the goodies to foreign countries. Canada from what I read didn't have the video store on the 2.0 update.
    If someone tells me that was because of marketing or whatever that isn't good enough. You should make sure that North America is on the same level of appreciation. If apple itunes was only available in Canada and not the United States I would be blowing them up on the forums. Why can they give both Nations the same product but my RIM cannot?
    04-05-12 09:29 AM
    im sure they will release them in other regions as well. slowly but surely it seems . and other than beweather that most of us already have the apps arent anything to get excited about
    myfairkadie likes this.
    04-05-12 09:30 AM
    im sure they will release them in other regions as well. slowly but surely it seems . and other than beweather that most of us already have the apps arent anything to get excited about
    For shame! Fixmo Tools is the shizzle!
    04-05-12 10:16 AM
    For shame! Fixmo Tools is the shizzle!
    lmao @the shizzle....u crack me up girl
    04-05-12 10:27 AM
    I had to vent this because it makes me mad. Why is it that I just read in CrackBerry that RIM has decided to extend the free premium app offer to Canada? I understand that my friends in the north and I may have some differences but it gets to me that I read we get different services from RIM. Why have only free apps to us in America when the damn company was formed in Canada? Maybe this is the way it has been but I wouldn't stay with an American company that gave all the goodies to foreign countries. Canada from what I read didn't have the video store on the 2.0 update.
    If someone tells me that was because of marketing or whatever that isn't good enough. You should make sure that North America is on the same level of appreciation. If apple itunes was only available in Canada and not the United States I would be blowing them up on the forums. Why can they give both Nations the same product but my RIM cannot?

Um...there are apps that are available to US iTunes customers that Canada can't get. HBO To Go immediately springs to mind. I subscribe to HBO Canada and can't get the HBO To Go app as its US only.
    So, its quite common for different content. We don't get hulu either.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-05-12 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD