I love my BB because all my friends live in it.

But there's one thing about a BB that absolutely annoys the crap out of me. So I ask this question, hoping someone can tell me why it takes so friggen long to reboot the phone? On average you have to wait 10 minutes till you can use the phone. A Commodore computer loaded faster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 09:29 PM
    Delete unnecessary apps and update your OS. No matter what you do tho, I've never heard of a reboot shorter than 3 minutes.
    12-09-10 10:26 PM
    Try this, as well:
    (OS 5)
    Options>Security Options>Advanced Security Options>Memory Cleaning

Set to Disabled.

My 9700 boots in about 2 minutes on .979 (shrunk manually), maybe 1 minute on BB6. It can also depend on how many apps you have that launch on startup.
    12-09-10 10:46 PM
    Mine takes forever. I'm running OS .1030. So that's the newest for the 8530. Any other suggestions?

12-09-10 10:53 PM
    Have you tried removing unused core applications by removing .cod files from the OS Java folder before loading? You can also use BBSAK, MCP, or Shrink-A-OS to do this. Be careful, read up on which files are safe to remove, and yank anything you do not want. Sample music, sample vids/walls, VAD, etc... The less garbage you have to load, the faster it will boot.
    12-10-10 06:19 AM
    I've also seen references that say if you use custom wallpaper images for your background(s), the phone will boot more quickly if they are loaded from phone memory, rather than from an add-in memory card.
    12-10-10 07:08 AM
    .. 10 Minutes is way too long.
    Ur definitly doin' it wrong.

Mine takes 2:30

Unessasary apps and just do it regularly. Like overnight have it autoreboot.
    12-10-10 07:36 AM
    Mine takes 2:30
    Most of that is because you have BB6. Daily reboots are definitely not necessary on Bold 9650. On a Pearl 8130 yes, Bold 9650, no.
    12-10-10 07:44 AM
    Who turns off their blackberry enough to get annoyed by its bootup time?...just plug it in and forget about it if you're worried about overnight battery drainage

12-10-10 08:28 AM
    OS 6 takes about half the time of OS 5
    12-10-10 08:49 AM
    yeah ive noticed with previous bb's my boot up was significant but with 6.0 i turn it on and less than 30-45seconds later, im on my home screen.
    12-10-10 09:03 AM
    Who turns off their blackberry enough to get annoyed by its bootup time?...just plug it in and forget about it if you're worried about overnight battery drainage

People who install apps, themes, or new OS versions frequently...
    12-10-10 09:30 AM
    yeah ive noticed with previous bb's my boot up was significant but with 6.0 i turn it on and less than 30-45seconds later, im on my home screen.
    Boot in 30-45 seconds? No way! You're confusing Powering Off/On with rebooting.
    12-10-10 09:33 AM
    Like others have said, delete unnecessary apps and update to the latest OS..

Blackberries take a while to boot because the whole OS has to initialize itself, and load into RAM like a computer, but what slows this down is having extra third-party applications that the JVM has to scan and register/initialize, as well as excess e-mails/messages that it has to load into memory as well.
    12-10-10 10:04 AM
    my Torch boots pretty fast...i assume all the BlackBerry6 devices do too
    12-10-10 10:15 AM
    Bold 9650 OS5 reboot times have been the subject of numerous threads - mine is 13 minutes and that seems typical. Many have suggested it's because of a corrupted database of unknown identity. Wiping and restoring doesn't fix it because it brings back the suspect database. Wiping and starting over would do that, but I don't want to re-enter and re-load all my stuff. So I live with it - and the only time I reboot is when I install something that requires a reboot.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    12-10-10 05:11 PM
    I think boot time depends on the the amount of free memory u have...the lower the memory the longer the wait...in most cases.
    12-10-10 05:14 PM

im pretty sure its not people turning the devices off. its the ****ty OS that RIM developed that makes them reboot on their own all the time for some people
    12-10-10 05:20 PM
    Boot in 30-45 seconds? No way! You're confusing Powering Off/On with rebooting.
    Despite the unfinished quirks and rough edges, both leaked version of BB6 cold boot in under a minute on my 9700. My current install of .979 is less than 3. <3
    12-10-10 06:12 PM
    People who install apps, themes, or new OS versions frequently...
    Exactly. Mine takes 15-20 mins.

12-10-10 06:23 PM
    Bold 9650 OS5 reboot times have been the subject of numerous threads - mine is 13 minutes and that seems typical. Many have suggested it's because of a corrupted database of unknown identity. Wiping and restoring doesn't fix it because it brings back the suspect database. Wiping and starting over would do that, but I don't want to re-enter and re-load all my stuff. So I live with it - and the only time I reboot is when I install something that requires a reboot.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Interesting - makes sense. Mine is painfully slow to reboot. Wonder if 6 eliminates this.

12-10-10 06:32 PM
    ha thats funny i was just thinking about this today at work when i had to pull my bb bat
    12-10-10 06:35 PM
    My reboot (like doing a battery pull) takes less than two minutes. 10 minutes is waaaay too long. Besides, you shouldn't have to reboot it so much that it annoys you.
    12-10-10 08:04 PM
    First off, any OS will take at "least" 10 minutes to boot up and than "possibly" another 5 for whatever apps/software that is assigned to activate as soon as the OS is done booting up.

If you can't wait 15-20 minutes for an OS to fully boot up with whatever apps that start up as soon as the OS does and got to factor in the radio hardware/WiFi and etc...downgrade to a dumbphone or don't use any technology period.

If any OS boots up to quickly you will be given a sluggish start and most likely encounter tons of errors and what not.

We aren't at the stage where we have technology that can instantly boot up and be primed for use, keep dreaming but don't hold such a high standard for the technology we have today to be able to handle that.

I know I most likely made someone's brain almost blow up and sorry. I will just stop here!

Thnx, �Tripster�

12-10-10 08:19 PM
    4 to 5 minutes here, BUT on OS 5 it was about 10 minutes
    12-10-10 08:28 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD