Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-11 09:16 PM
    because webos was fail too.
    and it would take to much to integrate.
    07-11-11 09:18 PM
    HP had more $$$ to burn?
    07-11-11 09:23 PM
    07-11-11 09:38 PM
    Yea, the WebOS is a nice OS and the QNX on the playbook appears to have a similar interface. I also luv the form factor to the Palm Pre, but I think the BB Torch 9800 did it even better.

HP just won out on a really good OS in WebOs and some pretty good phones...
    07-11-11 11:09 PM
    Yea, I think WebOS is a fine OS that rivals any other out there. Thats not to say Palm phones are perfect, I think they were criticized a lot for lack of apps and being underpowered. Sounds familiar... hmmm...

Just think about how good the WebOS is makes me look forward to QNX Blackberries when my contract is up a year from now. WebOS and QNX on the Playbook have a very similar UI, IMHO.

So RIM acquired the company that makes the QNX OS like what over 2 years ago? When did HP acquire Palm? A little more recently? RIM had a legit shot at WebOS...
    07-11-11 11:22 PM
    If RIM would DO something with QNX instead of telling us how great it's going to be that would be a refreshing change. The Playbooks aren't selling in the quantities RIM projected. App development for OS 7 has stopped. Calling it OS 7 means one believes it qualifies as a major revision...

Anyway, QNX has been a RIM property for years.. and all we have seen is a half baked tablet. If RIM had purchased Palm, I am sure we wouldn't have seen anything for a few years....
    07-12-11 12:19 AM
    The WebOS forums are similar to the Crackberry forums, "true believers" and "trolls" arguing about the future of the platform.

I hope that QNX works out better for RIM than WebOS did for Palm.
    07-12-11 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD