So I finally bought a cradle (dock, charging pod whatever you call it) for my Bold 9650!

Where were you people when I needed you? This is my third blackberry! (pearl, curve, bold...) why have I been fiddling around with a mini or micro USB plug, usually in the dark when I go to bed (oh yeah better charge my BB...) now I just drop it into the cradle and I can do it with my eyes closed. And it works like a bedside clock!

You guys are supposed to be my TEAM! How can you leave me hanging out to dry like this for so long? Where was the "dude you don't use a charging dock? What's wrong with you?" thread. Ok. Ok. Sometimes you have to slap them with a 2x4 before they pay attention. Well here it is:

GO GET A CHARGING POD IMMEDIATELY!

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=xeXeeN76

My work here is done...

-db
    Last edited by daddybear; 08-14-10 at 04:04 PM.
    08-14-10 04:00 PM
    theyve been in the crackberry store for a long time there Cochise. i will agree, they are easier to use and reduce the wear and tear on the sensitive USB port.
    08-14-10 04:09 PM
    So we in CB are responsible for you not looking at BB accessories? On behalf of everybody in CB we send our sincerest apologies and vow this to never happen again. Oh and all of us in CB also apologize for the economy and global warming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 05:16 PM
    I'm pretty sure his tongue was firmly in his cheek (while not licking his paw!)

To daddybear/anyone with OS less than 5.0: You probably wouldn't have loved it quite as much with your older phones because they don't have the bedside mode.
    08-14-10 05:28 PM
    I like this one better.

Blackberry Source.com - Cradle and Battery Charger for BlackBerry Bold 9700

I have 2 spare batteries. Keeps them charged (one at a time) charges the phone and syncs. It holds the phone solid at a nice angle.
    08-14-10 08:34 PM
    Oh believe me I KNEW they existed. I guess what I was really trying to say was I am surprised that more people don't refer to these as being small but extremely useful additions that make using a blackberry such a great experience. I hate fumbling around trying to plug in the charger (which...is it me or do they keep getting smaller...?) and this little thing just makes it so much easier than trying to stick that little tiny plug in that little tiny hole...which in my case is usually at night after I already climb into bed and I think "oh yeah better charge up now so I'm good in the morning..." now I can look over...see the faint glow of the cradle and easily slide it into place.

So...no....mr snarky pants...I don't expect anyone to be RESPONSIBLE for me checking the accessories out (I actually knew of their existence)...I was just more impressed with how well such a simple and convenient design works and shocked tis doesn't come up more often. But when you get that global warming thing figured out let me know...

I guess the biggest reason I never used one is I've always had some kind of skin or hard case on my bb that I thought would make it difficult to use without either removing it every time or not being able to use it at all as in the case of the otterbox (correct me if I'm wrong)

Since I went with the extended battery and don't have a case on my bb I saw a thread where someone said it would still work with the cradle and I thought "hey maybe I should try one of those..."

I was just trying to encourage those who HAVENT used one to give one a try (for 30 bucks +\- ) because something so simple is such a nice way to charge, requires less fumbling with cords and wires and micro USB holes IN THE DARK... If it makes my life a little easier...hey...I'm all for it.

And it looks good. And bedside mode is awesome...

-db
    08-14-10 09:05 PM
    It really is the single best accessory you can buy for a BlackBerry. I have one for the Storm, two for the Bold 9000, and my 9700. I don't even have two of those phones anymore!
    08-14-10 10:10 PM
    Seems like it is worth the purchase, better buy from the crackberry store than from att

08-14-10 10:12 PM
    I have been thinking about getting one of these for some time now. After reading your post and seeing that it works with the extended battery, I just ordered one.

Got mine here: Amazon.com: BlackBerry Charging Pod for BlackBerry Tour 9630: The�

$7.14
    Free shipping also.
    Last edited by connert; 08-15-10 at 10:48 AM.
    08-14-10 10:54 PM
    I agree, I bought a cradle for my 8900 when i bought the phone and i absolutely love it! Theres no fiddling with wires and what not, just drop it and go.

The best accessory by far
    08-15-10 07:24 AM
    Got mine the day after I bought my Tour (my 1st BB) and can't imagine being without it. Take it when I travel.
    08-15-10 07:48 AM
    I have two of these: one on my office desk, and one on my nightstand. Between those two, and my comfort cradles (in my Jeep and on my motorcycle), It's rare for my BlackBerry to ever go through an entire battery in one day.
    08-15-10 08:40 AM
    It's rare for my BlackBerry to ever go through an entire battery in one day.
    Lucky you, my battery's almost always dead or reaaallly low by the end of the day, probably cuz im on my phone all day lol
    08-15-10 08:55 AM
    (which...is it me or do they keep getting smaller...?)
    They are.. from mini to microUSB.
    08-15-10 10:49 AM
    I like this one better.

Blackberry Source.com - Cradle and Battery Charger for BlackBerry Bold 9700

I have 2 spare batteries. Keeps them charged (one at a time) charges the phone and syncs. It holds the phone solid at a nice angle.
    But that kinda defeats the purpose many people get a cradle....to keep the USB port from having to deal with multiple insertions and extractions of the charging cable.
    08-15-10 01:23 PM
    Seems like it is worth the purchase, better buy from the crackberry store than from att

No offense, but why would someone pay $24.99 + shipping when they can be had all day for $10-11 (sometimes lower) with free shipping. I bought two for less than I would have to pay for one here. I'd love to support the site, but not at the expense of my wallet. A $2 overall difference I could justify. $15+ just doesn't make sense to me.
    08-15-10 01:27 PM
    A docking cradle is tied with my bluetooth headset as the most important accessory you can have. My complaint is that every time RIM releases a new device they move the charging contacts on the phone just enough so that your old cradle won't work anymore.

I went from 8310 to 8900, had to buy new cradles. Went from 8900 to 9700, had to buy new cradles AGAIN, which really cheesed me because the form factor of those two devices are so close. The thought of having to physically plug in my phone to charge is about the only thing that's stopping me from dumping BB and going the HTC route.....
    08-15-10 03:45 PM
    Oh believe me I KNEW they existed. ... I don't expect anyone to be RESPONSIBLE for me checking the accessories out (I actually knew of their existence)...

I guess the biggest reason I never used one is I've always had some kind of skin or hard case on my bb that I thought would make it difficult to use without either removing it every time or not being able to use it at all as in the case of the otterbox (correct me if I'm wrong)..

I was just trying to encourage those who HAVENT used one to give one a try (for 30 bucks +\- ) because something so simple is such a nice way to charge, requires less fumbling with cords and wires and micro USB holes IN THE DARK... If it makes my life a little easier...hey...I'm all for it.

And it looks good. And bedside mode is awesome...

-db
    That's why I use the Seido charger, because it works with my Seidio case still on the device. Ir rarely take that thing off, only if have to physically pull the battery out or take out the microSD card. I have read that Commuter case (not sure who makes it) and the Epik Resin cases are really good cases, but they don't work with charging pod without taking them off. The Seido works with the case still on. I tell you something else, it's been my experience that the charging pod charges the battery significantly faster than the microUSB cord does. So, along with your ease of use and nice stand, you get faster battery charging. I have also read where the constant plugging and unplugging of the cord can wear out your microUSB port. Those were reasons enough for me to buy the pod on Amazon for about 30-40% less than what it costs on Seido's web site or even here on Crackberry.
    08-15-10 04:13 PM
    When I was a kid my father always told me to unplug devices from the wall because they use energy. So if you leave a wall plug in the wall I always believed that it uses energy, even though there is no LED it still uses a little electricity, after a year it would be $20 or something.

Furthermore my mother always told me to do that to save the planet, as all electronic devices pollute the environment.

I am always tempted to leave a plug in the wall, but I don't. I also considered to use a docking station, but I don't. That one has an LED and consumes even more over a year. It would certainly be more convenient, but I was just raised to not do it. Maybe I will someday, maybe I won't. Using micro usb all the time can get annoying, but I just continue to do it...
    ...call me crazy, but I'm saving the world :P
    08-15-10 05:50 PM
    I'm really in the minority here when it comes to charging docks. I bought one for $10 for a Bold 9000. Used it once, and never again. Gave it to someone here on CB.
    08-15-10 07:52 PM
    I'm really in the minority here when it comes to charging docks. I bought one for $10 for a Bold 9000. Used it once, and never again. Gave it to someone here on CB.
    I'm right beside ya in that group
    08-15-10 07:54 PM
    That's why I use the Seido charger, because it works with my Seidio case still on the device. Ir rarely take that thing off, only if have to physically pull the battery out or take out the microSD card. I have read that Commuter case (not sure who makes it) and the Epik Resin cases are really good cases, but they don't work with charging pod without taking them off. The Seido works with the case still on. I tell you something else, it's been my experience that the charging pod charges the battery significantly faster than the microUSB cord does. So, along with your ease of use and nice stand, you get faster battery charging. I have also read where the constant plugging and unplugging of the cord can wear out your microUSB port. Those were reasons enough for me to buy the pod on Amazon for about 30-40% less than what it costs on Seido's web site or even here on Crackberry.

Crap I just bought this one from Amazon (don't even have it yet) Amazon.com: BlackBerry Charging Pod for BlackBerry Tour 9630: Cell� And I have this case (without the screen guard) https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=vKMDWLgT

Then find out that I can get a charger and not have to take the case off.

Is this the one your talking about?

Amazon.com: Seidio Desktop Charging Cradle Kit for Use With BlackBerry Tour 9630 (Black): Cell Phones & Service
    08-15-10 11:06 PM
    Seriously?

I'm just curious, honest, and I'm not trying to be a smart alec..

But why didn't you like it?

-db
    08-16-10 06:10 AM
    Seriously?

I'm just curious, honest, and I'm not trying to be a smart alec..

But why didn't you like it?

-db
    I just didn't care for it. I hated that I couldn't just drop it in. You had to make sure it made the proper contact so that it was actually charging.
    08-16-10 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD