Sure they do. You go through your carrier first, then if they can't fix it they patch you through to BlackBerry. I had to do that several years ago when I bricked a curve, and I've read many people that have done the same thing during the reboot problems with 10.0

Posted via CB10
    I can vouch for this
    bradu1 likes this.
    09-29-13 09:38 PM
    Sure they do. You go through your carrier first, then if they can't fix it they patch you through to BlackBerry. I had to do that several years ago when I bricked a curve, and I've read many people that have done the same thing during the reboot problems with 10.0

Posted via CB10
    thats not direct...
    09-29-13 09:40 PM
    thats not direct...
    You're right, but it's exactly the same as what Project X described.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:00 PM
    You're right, but it's exactly the same as what Project X described.

Posted via CB10
    And exactly the process I was thinking of modeling it after

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:12 PM
    And exactly the process I was thinking of modeling it after
    Do/will they have staffing at high enough levels to support this, though?
    09-30-13 08:48 AM
    I haven't been following the whole thing too closely but if even we are aware that BlackBerry is in contact with him helping him doesn't that already have them involved if this is illegal? Is this on the main iGrann thread where it shows they contacted him?

Posted via iPhone 5s
    Are you out of your mind? This isn't illegal.
    09-30-13 12:26 PM
    Do/will they have staffing at high enough levels to support this, though?
    There aren't enough customers to warrant Netflix building an app....how many calls would it thru the first layer of service support to an actual problem with the app..... I'm sure they could train some of their playbook cs's to handle it

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 02:32 PM
    Are you out of your mind? This isn't illegal.
    What isn't illegal? Reverse engineering the app? If BlackBerry employees are openly supporting something illegal it does not look good. His channel is verified as a BlackBerry employee, by BlackBerry.
    09-30-13 03:41 PM
    What isn't illegal? Reverse engineering the app? If BlackBerry employees are openly supporting something illegal it does not look good. His channel is verified as a BlackBerry employee, by BlackBerry.
    Didn't Microsoft do that with the Youtube app for WP8? Plus if reverse engineering really were illegal, there wouldn't be a WP8 IG app, much less 2-3 of them.
    09-30-13 04:29 PM
    Didn't Microsoft do that with the Youtube app for WP8? Plus if reverse engineering really were illegal, there wouldn't be a WP8 IG app, much less 2-3 of them.
    Agreed. Which brings us back to the question in the title.
    09-30-13 04:32 PM
    IMO the problem lies in Waterloo. In the beginning I thought the American market is big enough to make or break a product. But when you research it and find that outside America BB is actually doing well in some places sales up three hundred percent. Something is wrong. Either mismanagement incompetent or purposely being manipulated. You would think BB would be more vocal. But they are totally mum about anything going on at BB. The smoking gun is 2.6 billion in the bank and this refusal to spend it on saving BB. BB can take a few million and pay a company like S4BB to develope say the ten top apps but they don't. No advertising, no marketing. Why?
    Thor is not getting $55,000,000 and Fairfax is not getting great company essentially for free. That is why. Greed. In normal situation no one would get penny for running company to the ground.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 04:41 PM
    There are things an indy developer can get away with that a multi-billion dollar corp just can't.
    My take is BB cannot and would not openly support a dev that make a similar big name app such as Instagram or Netflix for fear of legal recourse by the said companies. However, if an indie dev quietly create one without making a splash, they will turn a blind eye.
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-30-13 05:53 PM
    If BlackBerry couldn't get Netflix on the PlayBook, which would have been a big deal. Do we really expect it on a smaller screen. The PlayBook would have been a heck of a better seller IF they could have got a good handful of popular apps. They just let a great device die.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 01:28 PM
63 123