This is really strange. My phone turns off at 10p every night and turns back on at 7a. This morning I realized that the LED light wasn't blinking. I looked at the home screen and where the icon is for signal it said "off". I pulled the battery and it was still off. I went to resend the service books just to see what it said and it gave me the "radio off" message. I went to "manage connections" and everything was turned off. I turned everything back on and emails started coming in as usual for the morning.

How did this happen and why? Do I have a setting wrong? This has never happened before and luckily from lurking around here I knew what to do.

Any ideas as to what's going on?
    02-23-09 07:28 AM
    Your BB turning off at 10pm and coming on at 7am has to do with the BBs auto on/off feature that let's you set times for the BB to be turned off and on. Check auto off/on settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 07:53 AM
    Go into your "option" on your main menu. Scroll down and click on "Auto On/Off". Click to disable this feature and you shouldn't have any more issues with it.

02-23-09 07:59 AM
    This happens to me when my battery goes dead. The radio (at least mine) doesn't automatically come back on after charging.

02-23-09 08:14 AM
    I think everyone is missing my point.

I have the phone turn off at night because I WANT it to. The problem occurred in the morning when the phone was supposed to be turning on and receiving my emails.

My phone charges overnight, I had a full charge, so a dead battery wasn't the issue either.

If anyone else has any insight, I would appreciate it.....
    02-23-09 10:59 AM
    When you go into "Manage Connections" and scroll down to "Mobile Network Options", do you have "automatic" selected for Selection Mode?
    02-23-09 11:03 AM
    When you go into "Manage Connections" and scroll down to "Mobile Network Options", do you have "automatic" selected for Selection Mode?
    Yes, it's on automatic. I haven't changed anything in weeks. No new themes, no new software, etc. That's why this is so frustrating. Thanks for the help, Sultan.
    02-23-09 11:15 AM
    I am having the same problem. Every other time I go to text or use this piece of junk, the radio is turned off, the only difference is that I do not have it automatically shut off every night. This has happened at least 10 times today. It also happened about 6 months ago while I was out of town and just happened to be lost. Great time for the phone to mess up. Lol. I am on Sprint. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    02-23-09 06:37 PM
    Ok, I see no answer. Have either of you come up with the fix? Are your phones still doing it? Mine just started doing that this week.
    03-18-09 09:46 AM
    I had it happen once, but wrote it off as a glitch and it has not happened again. Are you in a weak signal area, maybe the radio can't find a signal and that's why it's shutting off, my other thought would be that something is wrong with the radio. Might be time for a warrenty replacement? Is it less than 1 year, or do you have the extended warrenty?
    03-18-09 09:53 AM
    Ok, I see no answer. Have either of you come up with the fix? Are your phones still doing it? Mine just started doing that this week.
    GCG, what device do you have, how old is it, and what OS, 3rd party apps do you have, and last, but not least, for the moment, what is your file free memory?

BTW, the thread is almost a month old.

03-18-09 09:54 AM
    This has happened a couple of times to my wife and I on our new Storms. Very confusing!

The only 3rd party app I currently have installed is TwitterBerry, (my wife has none) and I'm not 100% sure what OS I am running. Anyone have any ideas?
    03-18-09 10:01 AM
    GCG, what device do you have, how old is it, and what OS, 3rd party apps do you have, and last, but not least, for the moment, what is your file free memory?

BTW, the thread is almost a month old.

Sprint Curve 8330, had it since October 2008, os is 4.5.0.131, 45.1 Mb
    03-18-09 11:21 AM
    oops, apps - twitterberry, viigo, and quick pull are the only 3rd party ones
    03-18-09 12:14 PM
    Grr. Both my wife and I had our Storms do this again this morning! Very odd!

We are both running 4.7.0.75 (haven't upgraded since the phones arrived)

I have TwitterBerry and now WeatherBug in my Storm, she isn't running any apps at the moment.

Anyone have any ideas on what is causing this?
    Last edited by lacwav; 03-21-09 at 01:45 PM.
    03-20-09 08:33 AM
    my storm also is doing this.im on verizon network so i called them and told them what it was doing and they immediatly said software failure and they are replacing the phone
    11-22-09 11:26 PM
    Maybe you have low batter.
    11-23-09 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD