Because... $$$$ and the last time they did it, well... we ended up with this..

And it was scheduled to run right after the halftime show just before the 2nd half started. But then there was a power failure in the stadium. Everyone hit the snacks or bathroom during the delay when the ad finally ran!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    02-09-16 12:58 PM
    actually, because Tim Cook showed us what unprocessed iPhone pics really look like:

BlackBerry didn't need to advertise this year
    02-09-16 01:31 PM
    Rimberry gets plenty of free advertising in the media almost daily

BlackBerry focuses on software as handset business dwindles | CTV News

BlackBerry layoffs could take it a step closer to killing device biz | CIO

http://business.financialpost.com/in..._lsa=4958-ec77

http://www.informationweek.com/mobil...a/d-id/1324225

hard to overcome this noise with a thirty second spot that would air when most folks are getting a beer or getting rid of one.
    02-09-16 02:30 PM
    This ^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^ times 100000000000

The whole idea that we screwed up before so we're never ever going to advertise again is stupid, Stupid, STUPID!!!!!
    I agree, but at the same it doesn't mean you should. If they felt they could see a return on investment, then they should have gone for it. Personally, I think it would have been a waste of money.
    02-09-16 04:57 PM
    When is the Super Bowl? The North Koreans didn't know, they were an hour late with the fly past of their satellite. You would have thought that it would have been cheaper for their crazy little leader to buy tickets, but I guess that the Government wouldn't let him in. Just like Blackberry, no BB10 devices and an hour late.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-09-16 09:49 PM
    That 2013 Super Bowl commercial was a complete waste of money.
    Well, the problem wasn't just that people didn't want it, it was that the commercial didn't make any sense. I remember seeing it and everyone else's responses being "what does the commercial have to do with the phone?"

He made someone disappear and a dissolved an 18 wheeler truck into skittles with his phone? Like wtf?

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-09-16 11:05 PM
    Probably because the average consumer watching it is not their target audience at this point.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-10-16 02:02 AM
    Probably because the average consumer watching it is not their target audience at this point.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Sadly but BB knows all the names of their target audience
    02-10-16 09:35 AM
    Because... $$$$ and the last time they did it, well... we ended up with this..

This is amazing to watch at work because my computer doesn't do sound.
    02-10-16 11:58 AM
    Well, the problem wasn't just that people didn't want it, it was that the commercial didn't make any sense. I remember seeing it and everyone else's responses being "what does the commercial have to do with the phone?"

He made someone disappear and a dissolved an 18 wheeler truck into skittles with his phone? Like wtf?

Posted via CB10
    Sadly two months later when the Z10 went on sale... if was the real stuff it couldn't do that lead to where we are now.
    02-10-16 01:05 PM
    Cost vs benefit, no?
    02-15-16 02:09 PM
    Cost vs benefit, no?
    Cost: finite
    Benefit: infinite, if done well

The BlackBerry brand is dead. A powerful, clever ad would've provided a healthy dose of much needed name recognition.

Posted via CB app on my BlackBerry Classic
    02-15-16 02:38 PM
    Cost vs benefit, no?
    What was the benefit, from that cost?

Maybe if that ad had been part of a campaign. Shown the ads more, had displays in the stores featuring a guy with elephant feet holding a Z10, each box contained a BlackBerry Rubber Duckie..... It might have made a little more sense to people.

Especially if the Z10 had been capable of doing everything people wanted and more.....

But a one time quirky add for a product that is months away... the cost far exceeded any benefit. Of course when BB committed to the Ad, the Z10 might have been planned to already be in market.
    02-15-16 02:46 PM
    What was the benefit, from that cost?

Maybe if that ad had been part of a campaign. Shown the ads more, had displays in the stores featuring a guy with elephant feet holding a Z10, each box contained a BlackBerry Rubber Duckie..... It might have made a little more sense to people.

Especially if the Z10 had been capable of doing everything people wanted and more.....

But a one time quirky add for a product that is months away... the cost far exceeded any benefit. Of course when BB committed to the Ad, the Z10 might have been planned to already be in market.
    We're talking about a successful Priv ad that didn't happen, not the failed Z10 ad from 2013.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 03:22 PM
    We're talking about a successful Priv ad that didn't happen, not the failed Z10 ad from 2013.

Posted via CB10
    How can a Priv ad be successful if it didn't happen?? Just curious...

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.2.2876
    02-15-16 03:26 PM
    How can a Priv ad be successful if it didn't happen?? Just curious...

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.2.2876
    The entire thread is to question why it didn't happen!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 03:30 PM
66 123