I just listened to the last podcast and I'm wondering why Kevin lets Craig on the podcast still? Craig seems like he doesn't even use a Blackberry and just have bad things to say. He said the curve 8520 was crap and also talks bad on BB in general and cares more about talking about his books. Hes been like that on the last few shows, so I want to know if he doesn't even like blackberry why he gets to be on the best blackberry podcast? What do you guys think?
    noTh1ng likes this.
    09-08-11 09:13 AM
    Yeah, you're right. He's been on the show with me since episode 1, and i love the guy, and a lot of other people do too, but he's definitely been the BlackBerry non-fanboy of late. So what do I do? Dismiss him from the show? Brainwash him to love BB all-out again? Just don't tell him when we're recording? Suggestions? He's got the best voice ever and a good historical perspective on BB, but I do want people loving BlackBerry on the show and I do want the CrackBerry podcast to always be pro-BlackBerry in perspective. That's our role in the podcasting ecosystem with the show. We'll call things as it is, but always with that pro-BB outlook. I've received quite a few emails the past few months echoing your concerns here, so I guess I'm going to **have** to do something about it one way or another.

Our podcast does have a LOT of people on it. As we move into a new era of video podcasting it feels like three is the ideal number (with maybe an occasional 4th guest). If you go more than that it turns into round table style vs. a good podcast discussion.

So who are your favorites for the show, if you had to pick three?
    09-08-11 10:03 AM
    Well if you want to keep it BB fanboy oriented, boot him. If you don't want only rainbows and lollipops, keep him.
    09-08-11 10:20 AM
    Please DO NOT get rid of Craig. As a LONG time BB user I have jumped platforms many times probably not unlike many of us on CB. I currently carry an iPhone along with a 9700. Craig still brings a lot to the podcast because of his extensive knowledge of them. He stills knows BB better than just about anyone else. Many of the points he makes are echoed by many of out here I'm sure. Trying to make the CB podcast nothing but all positive points about BB just isn't reality. I both love and hate my blackberry. I still carry it because I find it's the best communication device on the market period. I also carry an iPhone because I find it's the best for everything else. Please DO NOT get rid of Craig!!!!!!!!
    09-08-11 11:43 AM
    Hehe. I love Craig too. Though, to be honest, we never are a "fanboy" show without craig... we always take rim to task and point out the bad points on products, etc. Just listen to the last podcast and our BBM Music discussion.

I think it's going to be a mixed reaction on this one... I think we have a lot of listeners who LOVE craig, and a lot who are not liking his attitude of late (like i said, this thread isn't a surprise to me - i've gotten quite a few emails on it these past months).
    09-08-11 12:04 PM
    Craig brings to the show the perspective of someone who knows BlackBerries, but uses another device as his daily driver. Just cause he's got a few criticisms of the platform doesn't make it a bad thing...it makes the listener really think. I'll be really interested to hear what he has to say when QNX powered BlackBerries are finally launched.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-08-11 12:28 PM
    Keep craig it keeps the show still pro blackberry but also somewhat unbiased everynow and again. Its good for the listeners I personally feel.
    09-08-11 12:49 PM
    i say make a poll and let the masses decide.
    09-08-11 07:55 PM
    You could replace him with tat guy from the last podcast that dumped his new droid for the BOLD...haha.

KEEP HIM! He and you are the main reasons I listen. You are fan boy and he is honest boy. Great combo for people who care about the pros and cons from experts like yourselves.
    His new line should be "You want the truth, you can't handle the truth!!!!"
    09-08-11 09:39 PM
    How sad is it that someone has to get kicked because people don't like hearing negative things. It's not too bad having 1 guy to balance out the few other guys who are overwhelmingly positive. That extra perspective is beneficial for getting the best picture of what's going on. Also how stupidly boring would a podcast be with all guys agreeing with eachother and being obnoxiously positive. It would come off as some sort of weird blackberry oriented circle j*rk, sorry for being crass but that's how I see it. It's nice to have an unbiased view so people can just measure the difference and come away with a nice clean conclusion.

Yes crackberry is a fanboy site, but that doesn't mean it can't aspire to be more. I went there. Deal with it.
    Last edited by dooodads; 09-08-11 at 10:42 PM.
    09-08-11 10:40 PM
    Can any of you say "perspective" and "objectivity"?

Craig is bashing RIM/BlackBerry? Good. Keep him for that (and the voice). But put his bashing in perspective. Use his dislike objectivily. Jut because he is not the fanboy of late it does not mean you can't use him!

"Hey Craig, we'll have X and Y topics on the next podcast. Bring you views on those so we can have a proper shake down on the subjects".

And tell him to take it easy with the merchandising...

@dooodads, I am not sure we can call his last remarks "unbiased"... But I agree that having him there could be a good thing. Perspective.
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-08-11 at 10:55 PM.
    09-08-11 10:52 PM
    Kevin,

Not Craig, but the guest you had on the latest podcast was awesome. You have to get that guy on more often.

In regards to Craig, I'm sure he's a good guy, but I always get this feeling like he doesn't even want to be on the podcast. Like he doesn't even like Blackberry at all. Anyway, that's just how he comes across to me.
    09-08-11 11:00 PM
    Can any of you say "perspective" and "objectivity"?

Craig is bashing RIM/BlackBerry? Good. Keep him for that (and the voice). But put his bashing in perspective. Use his dislike objectivily. Jut because he is not the fanboy of late it does not mean you can't use him!

"Hey Craig, we'll have X and Y topics on the next podcast. Bring you views on those so we can have a proper shake down on the subjects".

And tell him to take it easy with the merchandising...

@dooodads, I am not sure we can call his last remarks "unbiased"... But I agree that having him there could be a good thing. Perspective.
    Well I mean unbiased in the sense that he was former blackberry fanboy so his weren't born negative.

Also I'm pretty sure if he didn't want to be on the podcast then he wouldn't be.
    09-09-11 12:48 AM
    Dude.
    I'm taking Econ this year.

This what you want is called communism.

The show has the fanboys and it has the non fanboys. I like the fact that he's there now. It balances it out.

Plus he knows the facts. Very important.

And no. No Poll. That's like saying do you want there to be an iPhone forum on CrackBerry. Lol. I still go to that forum sometimes to know the competition but I'm sure a lot of people want it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 01:13 AM
    My vote goes to CX
    09-09-11 01:14 AM
    Keep Craig, it balances out the podcast.
    09-09-11 03:32 AM
    The show needs different perspectives not just one. Look if everything was one way in this world we would not be where we are today. Competition is good for business and that's what's driving the smart phone industry today. If it wasn't for apple or android we might still be using the older models not the new OS 7 ones. Look at Palm they drug their feet too long and now they are gone.

RIM has a niche and they need to keep it and expand on other areas. If they do that they will be fine. I jumped ship and went to android for a while but with the new 9930 I am back and don't miss android at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-09-11 05:27 AM
    Keep him. Even though everyone else is not blind when it comes to seeing RIM's faults and do voice them he does bring a nice perspective to the podcast.

If anything needs changing its the word podcast, but that's neither here nor there...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 05:38 AM
    Shun the none believer I say, SHUN!
    Now on a more series note. Come on now, I don't really think you'd get rid of a relic/friend like that for a reason such as this. At most, maybe just tell him to refraze his comments.
    Now I only like, watched one podcast that involved CB. So I wouldn't really have a firm foundation on my opinion of the 3 who I'd like to listen/watch. So yeah, doesn't matter to me... lol, unless I start to get into podcasts, you'll have to find someone so entertaining/interesting to get new listeners/watchers such as me.
    09-09-11 05:57 AM
    Well I mean unbiased in the sense that he was former blackberry fanboy so his weren't born negative.

Also I'm pretty sure if he didn't want to be on the podcast then he wouldn't be.
    On those grounds, maybe we should invite the "BG" himself, Jonathan Geller to be a regular on the show, and he would be able to trash RIM directly where it hurts: us.

Unbiased... The way people work in the Mobile Nations, that's more like it. The way the Round Robins went. That's the spirit.

Disappointed does not spell unbiased to me. And this comes from a guy that's not scared to say "no, you're better off with an iPhone" every now and then.

But we do agree that he should stay.
    09-09-11 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD