I shouldn't need any special software to view a web page that streams video, as long as java is installed and enabled. So why can't I view it! My friend can with an iPhone or an iTouch (connected to Wifi), so why is this being so difficult. Customer Service (Verizon) told me to get the Storm as it has full html browser capabilities, but no such luck! I am surprised that this isn't a "HOT" topic on this site. Can anyone help me to understand what is going on with the browser and how it renders pages? Is this just a Verizon problem or is it a BB problem?

Chip
    12-10-08 03:37 PM
    It probably has something to do with the way he camera displays the images and the way the bb browser handles java script.
    I don't think that the browser does true java...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 07:41 PM
    it all depends exactly what the page is ..

have you tried it on opera mini?

if you give me a link to a example no I don't want to see your security camera's but there must be a example on the web... of the exact thing
    12-10-08 10:51 PM
    Not sure, but I saw this the other day, and it looks like it's exactly what you need:

Mobiscope - Video from webcams on mobile
    12-11-08 08:50 AM
    big brother may not want you to see it.
    12-11-08 10:18 AM
    it all depends exactly what the page is ..

have you tried it on opera mini?

if you give me a link to a example no I don't want to see your security camera's but there must be a example on the web... of the exact thing
    I'd be happy to give you the web address! I'll also send you a temp. user name and password. However, wait until after tomorrow as my new storm will be here, after 2 days the 1st one died on me! Oh and yes tried operamini on it, but couldn't get to my numberic keys, also I read about operamini does not render java!

Chip
    Last edited by Chip127; 12-11-08 at 05:13 PM.
    12-11-08 05:11 PM
    Not sure, but I saw this the other day, and it looks like it's exactly what you need:

Mobiscope - Video from webcams on mobile
    Mobiscope does not presently work on the Storm, however, I chat'd with them and they are working on a version for the Storm.

Thanks...
    Chip
    12-31-08 03:14 PM
    you can also try www dot totalcontrolapp dot com.
    video surveillance for mobile clients
    04-28-09 03:12 PM
    But also looks mighty pricey!!

you can also try www dot totalcontrolapp dot com.
    video surveillance for mobile clients
    04-28-09 04:42 PM
    They now have a version for the Storm and it works great. For those of you waiting like I was. Not bad for $20.00!

Mobiscope does not presently work on the Storm, however, I chat'd with them and they are working on a version for the Storm.

Thanks...
    Chip
    05-04-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD