Why can't I remove a single bBM message?
    Why can't I be notified when I receive a response to a message?
    Why can't I remove a group member that I invited in the first place?
    Why is it that when the invited member rejects the invite and there is only one remaining member that I can chat with, it still appears as a group where no indication of the "D" or "R" is available?

Or is there a way.

My Z30 is hired, my iPhone retired. BlackBerry rules the lot. Cause it's the best phone I've ever got.
    arvind1983 likes this.
    02-17-14 09:47 PM

In a group chat, that would lead to all sorts of fraudulent behaviour, why would they want to do that?

Someone makes an outrageous/malicious comment and then just conveniently removes it and claims they never wrote it?

I get notifications of new messages in BBM. You only want to be notified when you get a reply from a specific person to your last comment, or ???

You can. Either something is broken or you are not doing something right.

Why is it that when the invited member rejects the invite and there is only one remaining member that I can chat with, it still appears as a group where no indication of the "D" or "R" is available?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

You can have a group with one person in it. Probably wouldn't be very fun, though.
    02-18-14 01:22 AM

Or is there a way.

My Z30 is hired, my iPhone retired. BlackBerry rules the lot. Cause it's the best phone I've ever got.
    When you are in a group chat, if others leave and it leaves just you and one other, it doesn't just revert to normal BBM person to person chat.....you are both in the group the group features still apply. You will not see D or R with group chat even if there is just one of you.
    02-18-14 05:25 AM

Or is there a way.

Why don't you go to the actual Blackberry forums and add requests and features?
    02-18-14 05:40 AM
    Thanks Omnitech. I have always enjoyed your articles. I really feel honoured.

If someone made a malicious remark, and that someone decides to delete it on his device, it would still be on the rest of the other group members' devices, would it not? Besides, I can leave the chat, removing all messages anyway.

Yes, I would like to be notified when a response to my message is received. That way I can respond quickly, get it done and keep moving.

02-18-14 07:46 AM
    When you are in a group chat, if others leave and it leaves just you and one other, it doesn't just revert to normal BBM person to person chat.....you are both in the group the group features still apply. You will not see D or R with group chat even if there is just one of you.
    Yes, exactly, but why not have it reverted back.

02-18-14 07:48 AM
    Yes, exactly, but why not have it reverted back.

Because that's not default behavior and it shouldn't be.
    You started a group with people, using the features in that group, no matter if it's 20 people or just you and one other guy. The group is created, it stays a group.
    Seems pretty logical to me.

Default behavior for WhatsApp and the likes too...
    02-18-14 11:24 AM
    I did not explain myself well enough. I did not formally start a group. What I did was to add one other person to my normal chat. So now there are three of us. I did not have to name the chat group and neither did it appear in the group section.

Thanks for listening.

02-18-14 10:34 PM
    I did not explain myself well enough. I did not formally start a group. What I did was to add one other person to my normal chat. So now there are three of us. I did not have to name the chat group and neither did it appear in the group section.

Thanks for listening.

That changes the deal.

Hmm so i'm guessing this will be an oversight as you're creating a sort of hybrid chat/group session.
    My guess is they just didn't code this in properly. They focused on 1-1 chat and groups and didn't polish the hybrid issue.

This should be relayed to the BBM team

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 03:11 PM