Why doesn't Blackberry just sign a deal with Google to use their apps? It is obvious BlackBerrys can run android apps through "sideloading" which I haven't tried yet but there has to be a way to make it beneficial for both companies.

Posted via CB10
    MatthewMk2 likes this.
    10-26-13 07:31 PM
    Yeah, I can't recall seeing BBRY execs mentioning Google's app suite when talking about apps they're chasing for BB10.
    You've got to assume they've tried or are trying though...

Maybe someone else knows more and will share.
    SifiGamer and BB12MX like this.
    10-26-13 07:44 PM
    What would Google get out of this?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 08:01 PM
    Yes. Google has a vested interest in seeing the best system die. They don't support out of Fear!

Posted via CB10
    MatthewMk2 likes this.
    10-26-13 08:12 PM
    I think Google is the most interested one, which want the BBRY to die

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 08:17 PM
    Yes. Android is a fragmented system. If your in business and need to communicate get a blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 08:21 PM
    Yes. Android is a fragmented system. If your in business and need to communicate get a blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    This isn't about whether or not someone wants the Android OS vs BB10 OS.

Why can't someone use BB10 and want an official Google Maps app available like it is on iOS and was on legacy BBOS.
    10-26-13 08:31 PM
    What would Google get out of this?

Posted via CB10
    This is an honest question: What does Google get out of its iOS apps?
    10-26-13 08:32 PM
    Guess I misread this thread, thought it was about opening up the Play Store.
    10-26-13 08:41 PM
    A tremendous number of users for their services.
    Moonbase0ne and anon(226560) like this.
    10-26-13 08:43 PM
    Eyeballs (which equates to data), I believe. Google has, in the past, released/upgraded apps for iOS even before it has for Android. They have also shown a recent inclination to narrowing its offerings if it thinks the ROI isn't there.
    10-26-13 08:46 PM
    Sailfish OS has written code to allow for Android apps to load and run normally. What a way to add to available apps until native apps can be written.

Ubuntu has not done this to my knowledge. Who will win? Duh

BBRY - get off your????? And pull your head out of the sand.

Makes me think that BBRY wants to fail so Heins can collect on his multi-millions.
    just jack likes this.
    10-26-13 09:08 PM
    Android is open source it's the developers themselves you have to ask as to why they are not porting their apps to be available on BB World. Its a very simple process that doesn't cost the devs a lot of time or resources. Conspiracy theories abound that perhaps Google is quietly telling developers not to port over their apps to blackberry if they want to continue to be able to submit to Google play?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 09:13 PM
    Guess I misread this thread, thought it was about opening up the Play Store.
    If Google allowed bb10 to access the play store Google would get the app sale revenue, play store add revenue, and a piece of the in app add revenue.
    It would be a very good thing for Google.

BlackBerry would get rid of a reason for ppl to not buy their phones. But BlackBerry would lose out on the ecosystem revenue that is so lucrative.
    Who would go to appworld?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 09:28 PM
    I asked the question more to be why can' t google play be in blackberry world? Even if we had to pay between .99 cents to $4.99 to get google play app it would shut up haters that say "blackberry doesn't have good apps"

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 09:30 PM
    Sorry, I don't think that Google's Play Store should be on a BlackBerry any more than I think that BlackBerry World should be available on Android devices.

There's always a trade-off when you choose a mobile phone. If you want to use the Play Store, buy an Android phone. If you want a BlackBerry device, be happy with BlackBerry World.
    10-26-13 09:35 PM
    Android is open source it's the developers themselves you have to ask as to why they are not porting their apps to be available on BB World. Its a very simple process that doesn't cost the devs a lot of time or resources. Conspiracy theories abound that perhaps Google is quietly telling developers not to port over their apps to blackberry if they want to continue to be able to submit to Google play?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Google isn't doing that.
    richardat and solitude1984 like this.
    10-26-13 09:43 PM
    I asked the question more to be why can' t google play be in blackberry world? Even if we had to pay between .99 cents to $4.99 to get google play app it would shut up haters that say "blackberry doesn't have good apps"
    To have access to the Play Store and Gapps (AOSP) there is a set of qualifications. BB10 doesn't have those qualifications.
    10-26-13 09:45 PM
    there's absolutely no reason why Blackberry couldn't have full-on Android support within a virtual environment.. heck I've run the Mac OS within Windows 8 and it's easy as pie, because Mac and PC both run on the same underlying hardware. Same with BB10 and Android. There is no technological barrier to having full support for Android while maintaining the security of BB... Blackberry just wants to be stubborn until the very end.
    rnhld likes this.
    10-26-13 09:56 PM
    Yes. Google has a vested interest in seeing the best system die. They don't support out of Fear!

Posted via CB10
    Google control over 50% of the market and could care less of the meager 1-2% of Blackberry
    10-26-13 10:25 PM
    Lol.. Misreading thread title.
    It could be of two.

1. Why can't BB10 get google's apps?
    Means Google's own developed apps such as google map, gmail and such apps.
    2. Why can't BB10 get google's apps?
    Means why can't we get google's android apps?

If it means the 1st. Then they should develop native app for BB10 like how they did for ios. I mean, there's no lose revenue because there is none except their ecosystem's users online (not only in apps developed). Many would prefer google map than BB map for sure.

If it's for the second meaning, i guess it would be a lost revenue for BB developers if we all just purchase android apps for our phones.
    10-26-13 10:51 PM
    Is android a licensed OS? If not what does Google get out of Android? What Google gets out of apps on any OS is ads like they have in everything.
    10-26-13 11:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Same with Apple of course. I see variations of this theme a lot here. Of course, Apple or Google COULD just buy every molecule of BB for the amount they spent on free coffee in the offices last month. Immediately relieving their "fear" forever......BUT, I think a huge government, media, developers conspiracy is the better way to go. Hope nobody tells....

LOL. On a related note.....

Posted via CB10
    ....and out of THOUSANDS of developers from big companies to individuals, not one has spilled the beans or come forward with this subversive conspiracy....all I can say is....amazing well done Google!!!
    10-26-13 11:09 PM
    If Google allowed bb10 to access the play store Google would get the app sale revenue, play store add revenue, and a piece of the in app add revenue.

BlackBerry would get rid of a reason for ppl to not buy their phones. But BlackBerry would lose out on the ecosystem revenue that is so lucrative.
    Who would go to appworld?

Posted via CB10
    Indeed, it may have seemed BB would lose app revenue - and downplay development for BB10 - it would be even more apparent (obviously it was already too apparent for BB) that they should just make android apps. Of course, most BB developers were counting on future BB sales, so now that the sales illusion is gone...we know they didn't sell any - there probably isn't much to lose at all for BB right now.

Thing is, it isn't good for Google either. OOOH.....really? We could potentially gain a few million BB10 users??? Those numbers won't mean much to Google on any scale - and definitely not when weighed against: annoy our hardware partners who had to meet our requirements to access the store. Mind you, since BB10 is dead, I doubt Samsung, or HTC, or LG...or whoever would actually bother to kick up much of a fuss, but they might have months ago, when there was still some belief for some people that BB10 phones might become the third platform.
    10-26-13 11:18 PM
    Google isn't in the Android business for the Google Play revenue. The revenue from there is less than change found in their sofa cushions.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    10-26-13 11:23 PM
131 123 ...