I was trying my wife's iPhone the other day and I found out that you can swipe to go back and forth in the browser. I think BlackBerry browser should be doing that as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 11:57 AM
    They might in future releases...who knows....
    10-29-13 12:09 PM
    Does the iOS browser swiping go between tabs, or Back to previous page?
    10-29-13 12:10 PM
    That would be great as long as it was implemented properly. Great idea though!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 12:11 PM
    I like the webos card interface. Hope they can copy something like this. Also maybe swipe to close in active frames

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 12:14 PM
    This! I think that would be a great way to switch between tabs. I have too many accidental swipe-backs using Cascades to want to use it for web navigation, especially since it might mean losing a filled form or other work in progress on the current page.

I'm going to forward this idea to the dev team.
    mjdimer likes this.
    10-29-13 12:20 PM
    I like the webos card interface. Hope they can copy something like this. Also maybe swipe to close in active frames

Posted via CB10
    The Playbook has swipe (fiick) to close apps.
    Also, the Origami Browser on the playbook has gesture features lilke browser forward, backward, next tab, top of page, bottom of page etc.
    In some ways the Playbook OS is better implemented than BB10.
    BoldPreza likes this.
    10-29-13 12:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    What's funny is they had that on the PlayBook but not BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 12:43 PM
    What's funny is they had that on the PlayBook but not BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    They couldn't find a way to implement it while allowing the user to scroll up and down between active frames.
    chance1180 likes this.
    10-29-13 12:45 PM
    They couldn't find a way to implement it while allowing the user to scroll up and down between active frames.
    I still have hope though. Remember initially due to the same issue you couldn't swipe between messages in the hub. With 10.1 now you can.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 12:51 PM
    The Playbook has swipe (fiick) to close apps.
    Also, the Origami Browser on the playbook has gesture features lilke browser forward, backward, next tab, top of page, bottom of page etc.
    In some ways the Playbook OS is better implemented than BB10.

Very hard to look at the PlayBook OS and try to understand WHAT took them an additional two years? I know there were reports of problems with QNX working with BIS/BES....

Oh well, water under the Bridge?
    10-29-13 01:00 PM
    You will see this in the future and it will be possible if company survives
    10-29-13 01:10 PM
    Back and forth to previous and current pages. I love BlackBerry browser but ios7 uses very good gestures in browser. I also like the ease of deleting emails in the ios.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 08:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    This was one cool feature in PlayBook OS that should have transferred to BlackBerry os 10.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 08:56 PM
    In BlackBerry 10.2 ,tap and hold down the return tab you will have all current open tabs popping up at the bottom of the screen, making it easier to go in an out of open tabs or previous tabs by hitting previous page (s). I refer to the little arrow at the bottom of browser page, it the (arrow )flips upwards.it also accesses history there as well

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:14 PM
    Evolution browser has that functionality - swipe right or left to go back or forward. Look it up on BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:24 PM
    It also has scroll up or down using the hard keys and customizable user agent

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:26 PM
    When it comes to the browser it definitely should be Cascades...and everyone is thinking Cascades means crazy awesome gestures (Which would be awesome!) but it could simply mean gesture moves to open the side bar which shows tabs and bookmarks and history...or swiping from the top down to display settings LIKE EVERY OTHER APP!!!! I know it shows the website...but isn't that what the bottom ADDRESS bar is for!? so they really need to clean that part up...the swiping between tabs and stuff would be cool, but lets get Cascades browser first of all...

I think the issue tho is that the browser for BB10 is actually an HTML5 app if I remember correctly...so maybe they found that ran smoother and quicker than a Cascades version??

And for the active frames people...I do not think there is a way to implement swipe up to close on the active frame screen....ALTHOUGH there could be better implementation towards closing apps on BB10....for example:

Many times I will be using an app...lets just say the Remember app...so after I am done with whatever I am doing in that app...I know for a fact that I want to close the application...so I have to swipe up and then click X....well this defeats the purpose of the gesture based, fluid motion they are trying to achieve with the BB10 OS...they want everything to be smooth and a nice flow to the OS...so that isn't the case for closing apps right now...

MY SOLUTION for this...is simple...when you swipe up, swiping up half way along the screen will minimize the app to an active frame...where swiping up all the way beyond half way will throw the app off the screen and close it instantly...saving the middle step of having to minimize it and then close it with a tap...if people are worried about closing an app and losing something, well then BB10 has toast notifications baked right in and can provide a simple 5 second pop-up or something that says "Closing Remember App" with "Undo" underneath...allowing the user to say...OH CRAP!!! I didn't save that! and then click undo and the app is now actually just minimized rather than closed!! (this undo feature just popped into my head right now actually so it may not be good but as I was typing, it seemed right!) But yeah! full screen swipe to close apps instantly...and as people probably have noticed...when you go back and forward between pages with Cascades (like in the HUB) it will show a darker shade of white (or grey), or just white depending on where you are...so if you go beyond a certain point it will show grey meaning it will now go back, but if you go only to the white and let go it will go back to the app you are in...same principle could be done for closing apps...the app will be shown properly coloured, and then once you pass halfway and the point when you let go it will close, the app will then fade to a translucent shade of grey!
    h20work and moonfalle like this.
    10-29-13 09:28 PM
    Am I the only one who has trouble closing the bottom tab in the Browser when there are enough tabs to fill the page? Every time I press the X, either the tab or the page is activated, so the tab-menu closes again. It's touchy trying to press the X exactly. I'm on a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:34 PM
    When it comes to the browser it definitely should be Cascades...and everyone is thinking Cascades means crazy awesome gestures (Which would be awesome!) but it could simply mean gesture moves to open the side bar which shows tabs and bookmarks and history...or swiping from the top down to display settings LIKE EVERY OTHER APP!!!! I know it shows the website...but isn't that what the bottom ADDRESS bar is for!? so they really need to clean that part up...the swiping between tabs and stuff would be cool, but lets get Cascades browser first of all...

I think the issue tho is that the browser for BB10 is actually an HTML5 app if I remember correctly...so maybe they found that ran smoother and quicker than a Cascades version??

And for the active frames people...I do not think there is a way to implement swipe up to close on the active frame screen....ALTHOUGH there could be better implementation towards closing apps on BB10....for example:

Many times I will be using an app...lets just say the Remember app...so after I am done with whatever I am doing in that app...I know for a fact that I want to close the application...so I have to swipe up and then click X....well this defeats the purpose of the gesture based, fluid motion they are trying to achieve with the BB10 OS...they want everything to be smooth and a nice flow to the OS...so that isn't the case for closing apps right now...

MY SOLUTION for this...is simple...when you swipe up, swiping up half way along the screen will minimize the app to an active frame...where swiping up all the way beyond half way will throw the app off the screen and close it instantly...saving the middle step of having to minimize it and then close it with a tap...if people are worried about closing an app and losing something, well then BB10 has toast notifications baked right in and can provide a simple 5 second pop-up or something that says "Closing Remember App" with "Undo" underneath...allowing the user to say...OH CRAP!!! I didn't save that! and then click undo and the app is now actually just minimized rather than closed!! (this undo feature just popped into my head right now actually so it may not be good but as I was typing, it seemed right!) But yeah! full screen swipe to close apps instantly...and as people probably have noticed...when you go back and forward between pages with Cascades (like in the HUB) it will show a darker shade of white (or grey), or just white depending on where you are...so if you go beyond a certain point it will show grey meaning it will now go back, but if you go only to the white and let go it will go back to the app you are in...same principle could be done for closing apps...the app will be shown properly coloured, and then once you pass halfway and the point when you let go it will close, the app will then fade to a translucent shade of grey!
    Dude. You just gave some of the best idea that can make BlackBerry 10 even better.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:37 PM

I like this idea. I had the idea that there should be a gesture to switch between open applications by swiping up from the bottom of the screen all the way to the top, then down to the middle and towards the left or the right for the next/previous application. It wouldn't work to have both your idea and mine though, not really.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:39 PM
    I like this idea. I had the idea that there should be a gesture to switch between open applications by swiping up from the bottom of the screen all the way to the top, then down to the middle and towards the left or the right for the next/previous application. It wouldn't work to have both your idea and mine though, not really.

Posted via CB10
    No not both our ideas lol...that wouldn't work...but thats an interesting idea you had there, personally I would say too much swiping and finger on the screen too long...a simpler way could be to implement yours with mine...

Swipe up, and all the way up will close the application like I said in mine...BUT...when you are half way if you stop, all other applications you have open will appear...as BB10 is for efficiency and all apps open are on the active screen you could quickly minimize and click the app in the top right and jump in...but similar to the HUB and how you can peek back and go down and it will go to the next message...they should implement this into the multitasking...

Here is the example...swipe up half way, and when you get to the halfway point you can hold it there a second allowing the OS to understand that you are looking at doing something further...then it pops up the last two apps in the active frames on the left and right of your minimized app and you can drag left or right to jump right into those apps...

something along those lines could potentially work...you just have to look into the gesture to go into the hub and looking at multitasking apps and how the OS can handle that movement...so a slight pause may trigger the OS to realize you aren't looking into the hub and rather continue multitasking...something along those lines could work
    10-29-13 10:01 PM
    It will never happen - for the current set of phones with 2 GB ram
    10-29-13 10:04 PM
    Yes, it would be good to see a swipe gesture to go backward and forward in the browser. But, being on a Q10, I like to use P and N rather than touching the screen :-).

BBQ10
    10-29-13 10:06 PM
    Yes, it would be good to see a swipe gesture to go backward and forward in the browser. But, being on a Q10, I like to use P and N rather than touching the screen :-).

BBQ10
    They just need to add shortcuts for tab usage. For instance, N to open a new tab, D to duplicate, X to close, Q to open tab menu (like in IE), W to move forward a tab, and E to go back a tab. Then I'd never have to touch the screen except for scrolling.

Also needed: trackpad mode.

As for adding Cascades to the browser: it wouldn't work. How would you scroll sideways when you're zoomed in?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 12:01 AM
26 12