Why Canadians need the track pad.-glove1.jpg
    Why Canadians need the track pad.-glove-2.jpg
    01-22-13 07:00 PM
    Even in my scenario, wind > Viki
    01-22-13 09:22 PM
    I'd like to share a story that happened to me buttons on the bb10 devices. I couldn't believe how inconvenient not having them could be. It's cold in Canada 6 months of the year, 8 if your in winterpeg. Now I know they make gloves that let you use a touch screen but none of them are warm enough. I will now have to be one of the "others" and stand in the cold with my one ungloved hand, cause there is no way I'm not getting a bb10 device. I read the blog about why the track pad would not work with the new os, but I really hope they tried to make it work and not just say it's not needed. I'm sad to see the buttons go. Hopefully there will be a way to work around this. Until it's figured out, frozen, ungloved, high five to everyone who's getting a BB 10. (maybe carriers will give us gloves instead of a holster) Thanks for reading
    There are bigger things to think about then someone handling $600 dollars like a loosey. Imagine holding a gun/laptop/tv like that...it never makes sense.

Anyway, what really matters is this, physical call buttons and trackpads take away from the screen size, and also the UI. So now, developers don't have to just develop 2 different resolutions, but they also have to develop for screen buttons and non screen buttons, I think making everything more simplistic for developers is key.

Gloves that work on touch screens aren't magical, simply buy metal thread (not sure what its called) turn your gloves inside out, sew it into the finger tip area, and use it. The current from your finger, will pass through the glove, and then to your phones screen.
    01-22-13 11:58 PM
28 12