I am in no way against Blackberry. I love Blackberry. I am buying a new phone but I just do not see the advantage of buying a Blackberry now. None of the phones seem to stack up against other high end phones. I like Blackberry a lot and am looking to get the Torch. I just do not see a reason to buy it over the Samsung Captivate or Focus. I know this is a BBerry forum so I am wondering why you guys chose a BBerry over the other phones.
    battery life battery life battery life. after having a couple of these phones with raging processors, super high def screens, etc etc i got tired of always having to worry about how much juice i had left and if it would die and i would miss work emails/phones calls etc. a phones with 7 hrs tops battery life is not that usable. sure the screen looks gorgous and it can compute the s*** out of anything, but i need it to be able to last all day and into the night on 1 battery charge.....for me its a tool as much as a toy
    12-19-10 09:15 AM
    if you only got 7 hours of battery life, you are doing it wrong
    12-19-10 09:27 AM
    I have not been to this forum in a while. Mainly because I have not been using my blackberry. Let me just say this again. I am not whining, or complaining about blackberries. I love mine. I was just asking opinions. I have had a ton of Android phones, and been using an HD7 lately. I am going back to using my blackberry. Mainly because of the keyboard, battery life. Thank you for your input. The people that actually gave their thoughts. I appreciate it and totally agree with you guys, which is why I went back to using my blackberry.
    01-05-11 09:05 PM
    I have not been to this forum in a while. Mainly because I have not been using my blackberry. Let me just say this again. I am not whining, or complaining about blackberries. I love mine. I was just asking opinions. I have had a ton of Android phones, and been using an HD7 lately. I am going back to using my blackberry. Mainly because of the keyboard, battery life. Thank you for your input. The people that actually gave their thoughts. I appreciate it and totally agree with you guys, which is why I went back to using my blackberry.
    The HD7 has a 1230 mAh battery. If Battery Life was a factor to you, why would you buy a 4.3" touchscreen phone with a battery barely larger than that of a low end Blackberry Curve.

HD7 is probably the worse WP7 device, IMO. It's just a stop gap devices for those HD2 owners who wanted a new OS and people in T-Mobile who were envious of the Evo 4G (which also has a terrible battery life, BTW).

Don't buy 4+" touchscreen phones with < 1500 mAh batteries, unless it's a Motorola in which case I guess going down to 1400 mAh is still usable.
    01-05-11 10:18 PM
    if you only got 7 hours of battery life, you are doing it wrong
    Nah, he's doing something right.

Unlike his Blackberry, he was actually using his phone...

A LOT.

Yes, if you use your phone a LOT, the battery will drain faster. That's the way these things work, and it works the same for any device (laptop, netbook, smartphone).

The people I know with Blackberries hardly use their phones, but the people with large touchscreen devices are ALWAYS on them, it seems...

That being said, there are things you can do to improve battery life, and on Android there are some applications that install services that drain an excessive amount of battery. Most IM applications aren't yet using push notifications, and setting up a lot of email accounts with POP3 or IMAP can accellerate it. Those are just a few examples.
    Last edited by N8ter; 01-05-11 at 10:24 PM.
    01-05-11 10:20 PM
    Nah, he's doing something right.

Unlike his Blackberry, he was actually using his phone...

A LOT.

Yes, if you use your phone a LOT, the battery will drain faster. That's the way these things work, and it works the same for any device (laptop, netbook, smartphone).

The people I know with Blackberries hardly use their phones, but the people with large touchscreen devices are ALWAYS on them, it seems...

That being said, there are things you can do to improve battery life, and on Android there are some applications that install services that drain an excessive amount of battery. Most IM applications aren't yet using push notifications, and setting up a lot of email accounts with POP3 or IMAP can accellerate it. Those are just a few examples.
    lmao that is true. i know i have killed my stock incredible battery in less than 10 hours several times.
    01-05-11 10:28 PM
    battery life battery life battery life. after having a couple of these phones with raging processors, super high def screens, etc etc i got tired of always having to worry about how much juice i had left and if it would die and i would miss work emails/phones calls etc. a phones with 7 hrs tops battery life is not that usable. sure the screen looks gorgous and it can compute the s*** out of anything, but i need it to be able to last all day and into the night on 1 battery charge.....for me its a tool as much as a toy
    enjoy it while you can because rimm's next devices will attempt to clone the IOS and Android experiences. and that means cloning the battery experience. that's where rimm is headed whether they admit it or not. if you plan on upgrading that is your future. lousy battery life.
    01-05-11 10:38 PM
    Blackberry OS is a dying OS. They offer to run Android apps on their tab.. they are scared by the competition and rightly so. A lot of organizations are adoption iPads and Androids are standard business devices.

With WP7 the situation doesn't get better for Blackberry. 90% world is on Windows PC including businesses and they might just adopt WP7 for seamless integration.

Blackberry should consider a Blackberry-WP7 and do what they do best 'make it secure for businesses'

Read following post for more info in WP7:
    Google:
    "why choose windows phone 7 over android and iphone" and read post on If It Ain't Broke, Fix It Till It Is!

It should be the first link.
    04-26-11 08:34 PM
    Blackberry OS is a dying OS. They offer to run Android apps on their tab.. they are scared by the competition and rightly so. A lot of organizations are adoption iPads and Androids are standard business devices.

With WP7 the situation doesn't get better for Blackberry. 90% world is on Windows PC including businesses and they might just adopt WP7 for seamless integration.

Blackberry should consider a Blackberry-WP7 and do what they do best 'make it secure for businesses'

Read following post for more info in WP7:
    Google:
    "why choose windows phone 7 over android and iphone" and read post on If It Ain't Broke, Fix It Till It Is!

It should be the first link.
    Shouldn't it be "if it aint broke don't fix it?

Also, the OS my blackberry runs isn't dying at all. It's working fine, that is all that matters to me. Nothing will change that. I don't care about wp7 aka windows moibile 7 with a skin and CE 6.5 core, it's still windows mobile to me and it'll remain that way. Besides that, I don't use windows much at all anymore. The transition to linux has made life easier on my old aging computer hardware I don't intend to scrap uintil it ceases to operate entirely.

I'll be sticking to blackberry because it hasn't failed me yet, I'm not into apps at all, only certain ones I use. App world has what I need, incluiing third party apps. I only have 9 installed and just got a microSD card. So I'm not going to be worried, if RIM went bankrupt, we'd all have android, webOS, winmob, I'Spy'OS (APPLE GOT SUED FOR TRACKING US) and other devices that run other free or non-free operating systems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 09:05 PM
    If you don't like what Blackberry is doing then don't buy one. People complain about the top end samsumg galaxy with 1gig cpu lagging so what can we say none of the phones are perfect.
    04-26-11 09:54 PM
    Ill stick with BB for a few reasons over the others.

1. Battery life. My 8900 lasts for 2 full days, easily. There have been a few times I've been saved by this

2. BB email is still the best. Having all my boxes consolidated into one place and being able to respond to emails as fast as text messages is fantastic.

3. BBM I use this form of communication with a few people and it is so nice to know if they have received/read the info i've sent in a timely manner.

4. Calling/address book. I've used the other platforms and still it's far faster/simpler to make quick calls on a BB. I want to call dan, i press da on the keyboard and hit send. If Dan needs me to send him steves number while i am on the phone with him, i can do that within 5 seconds. Also being able to forward an email as an SMS instantly, or send a webpage addy as an sms/email/bbm with two clicks is so nice.
    Small things like this save so much time.

5. The Apps i need, i have and they work well.

6. UMA (HUGE)- Phone works in server basements where NO provider covers.

7. Tethering (i know other platforms can do it to.)

8. Still the best calender. Syncing is a breeze.

9. Blackberry Protect. Awesome App and free.
    04-26-11 10:06 PM
    Ill stick with BB for a few reasons over the others.

1. Battery life. My 8900 lasts for 2 full days, easily. There have been a few times I've been saved by this

2. BB email is still the best. Having all my boxes consolidated into one place and being able to respond to emails as fast as text messages is fantastic.

3. BBM I use this form of communication with a few people and it is so nice to know if they have received/read the info i've sent in a timely manner.

4. Calling/address book. I've used the other platforms and still it's far faster/simpler to make quick calls on a BB. I want to call dan, i press da on the keyboard and hit send. If Dan needs me to send him steves number while i am on the phone with him, i can do that within 5 seconds. Also being able to forward an email as an SMS instantly, or send a webpage addy as an sms/email/bbm with two clicks is so nice.
    Small things like this save so much time.

5. The Apps i need, i have and they work well.

6. UMA (HUGE)- Phone works in server basements where NO provider covers.

7. Tethering (i know other platforms can do it to.)

8. Still the best calender. Syncing is a breeze.

9. Blackberry Protect. Awesome App and free.
    don't forget copy and past
    04-26-11 10:22 PM
    Yea, little things like when i view a contact to get the number, and it's automatically highlighted to be copied are awesome. Email search/flagging too. Emails can get lost when you get so many, i can always find the exact one i need within seconds because of the awesome search features.

I don't have one game on my phone. I do have lots of encrypted data files that contain important network information for different sites though. My "entertainment" is pandora/media player and news sites and forums. All of which are done well on my old workhorse 8900.
    04-27-11 12:34 AM
    Can we use SKYPE here ?
    04-27-11 12:59 AM
    BlackBerry's have a lot of edges over other phones and in some cases are a lot better than other phones. But I love BlackBerry's.
    04-27-11 01:39 AM
    Can we use SKYPE here ?
    Use it where?
    04-27-11 01:40 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD