I have loved using Blackberrys over the years, but have grown disillusioned with them over the past year and so my Torch will be the last BB I will buy. My reasons are:

1) Poor build quality. Volume rockers breaking on the Bold, slider rocking on the Torch to give two examples. I have an old Samsung which has a slider and it's rock solid after about 8 years!

2) Application discrimination by RIM with no explanation. Apps which come loaded as part of the operating system like the Podcast App and then other apps that they release which they limit to North America only. I cannot see the point of providing apps like the podcast one pre-loaded on non North American phones only to disable it. The lack of any explanation from RIM is a disgrace.

3) New operating system out of date less than a year into it's life. I bought the Torch for the new operating system. Now, less than a year later, it has been surpassed by a new one and my handset is not compatible for the upgrade. I do not trust RIM to play the same trick again.

4) Lack of apps. Not necessarily RIMs fault but other platforms have a better choice of app.

5) No Skype. Again, not exactly RIMs fault, but other platforms have Skype, I use it a lot and it isn't available on BBs - despite promises to the contrary.

So there we have it. I will be sad to leave the Blackberry stable but the company have proven unworthy of my custom.
    K Bear likes this.
    07-09-11 12:53 PM
    07-09-11 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD