I'll be honest I have a count down clock to the day my contract expires and I can purchase a new service and get rid of my POS Pearl.

Countdown Clock (It can not count down fast enough)

So last night I was told I needed to download another update, 298 megs later (on DSL) and the update failed.

That got me to thinking, WHAT is that software doing that requires more disk space than Power Point, Excel, or even Access.

I mean I though iTunes was a poorly written program taking up 80 megs.

So here is my question, WHY is it so large? Is it just lazy programmer not caring about creating good clean code? That would explain the crashing.

Or is it doing a LOT LOT LOT more behind the scene like solving cancer and creating world peace?
    07-19-09 11:05 AM
    It could be the result of DM actually containing three different apps in one. There is the regular DM app, there is the media manager app and then there is the media sync app. This update might have been big because it might update all three app. Even if you don't have all three installed, it will still download the whole pack package and then update where needed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 12:07 PM
    It's a java client side install of multiple applications (DM, Roxio etc). 298MB is about right unfortunately. For one of the java products I'm involved with at work the install is 209MB.
    07-19-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD