I had a torch, they cancelled that model
    I have a Priv, they cancelled that model,
    I like BBM, they are cancelling that.

Nice way to embrace loyal customers. Hello Samsung since there is no apparent reason to stick with new Blackberry product that will ultimately not be supported in a couple of years. The Inventor is now far behind.
    anon(10603236) likes this.
    05-21-19 12:12 PM
    Didn't know the PRIV was cancelled. Thought they just didn't make a reprise.
    05-21-19 12:15 PM

Nice way to embrace loyal customers. Hello Samsung since there is no apparent reason to stick with new Blackberry product that will ultimately not be supported in a couple of years. The Inventor is now far behind.
    I am still using my PRIV.
    05-21-19 12:18 PM
    If you will be a business owner u will understand that if a product doesn't bring you money you stop doing it I was askin when I bought my keyone to the guy at Rogers about the priv and he told me that they only sold 2 so they is your answer, and blackberry user always complain about everything so not the best to attract new client
    05-21-19 12:22 PM
    the answer is simple. These products didn't make 💵.
    Wy might not see any more products for the same reason.
    Last edited by John Albert; 05-23-19 at 04:08 AM.
    05-21-19 12:28 PM

The Torch and the Priv ran their course, and neither sold well enough to merit a successor.

BBM's user based dropped below the threshold of significance, so Emtek, the licencee of the product, dropped it.
    Last edited by conite; 05-21-19 at 02:33 PM.
    chain13 likes this.
    05-21-19 01:28 PM

Bye
    05-21-19 01:32 PM
    The Torch and the Priv ran their course, and neither sold well enough to merit a successor.
    Well, the Torch arguably did have a successor and was made a series. But eh. I don't think Wittykitty007 cares about the finer details.

- Torch 9800
    - Torch 9810
    - Torch 9850/9860
    dilijasi, BBeast, Sigewif and 3 others like this.
    05-21-19 01:33 PM
    7 posts since being a member of this excellent forum from 2013 ! I thought you had already left the building ;-)
    phuoc and illsince1977 like this.
    05-21-19 02:15 PM
    Dude - were you around a few years back where, in an effort to stave off bankruptcy, General Motors killed off ENTIRE CAR LINES????? (Pontiac, Oldsmobile).

Check out your Samsung. I'm sure that after a couple of years they will be pushing out a NEW model and discontinuing support on the old ones.

Technology moves fast!
    rarsen likes this.
    05-21-19 03:13 PM
    If you will be a business owner u will understand that if a product doesn't bring you money you stop doing it I was askin when I bought my keyone to the guy at Rogers about the priv and he told me that they only sold 2 so they is your answer, and blackberry user always complain about everything so not the best to attract new client
    I just talked to a guy who worked for Verizon when the Priv was being offered by them and he said he sold a lot of them. The difference may be that he is a fan of BlackBerry phones so didn't bad-mouth them when people showed an interest in them.
    BBeast likes this.
    05-21-19 03:51 PM

Nice way to embrace loyal customers.
    Yes, all six of them, hence the "cancellations".
    john_v likes this.
    05-21-19 04:38 PM

I heard that Samsung was going to have a slider model in 2018...never happened. BB still has a full keyboard on their current models....get with the program or if keyboards not your thing then swing somewhere else.

Either support the cause or drop out!

I've been harsh on BB before, myself, however without BB, the "weirdo's" like us have nowhere to go but burner phones.

I do not know what you crying...BB is trying....I'd be there to support them so we can have options and not a dualnopoly between Apple and Google.
    05-21-19 10:10 PM
    I heard that Samsung was going to have a slider model in 2018...never happened. BB still has a full keyboard on their current models....get with the program or if keyboards not your thing then swing somewhere else.

Either support the cause or drop out!

I've been harsh on BB before, myself, however without BB, the "weirdo's" like us have nowhere to go but burner phones.

I do not know what you crying...BB is trying....I'd be there to support them so we can have options and not a dualnopoly between Apple and Google.
    Have you missed the notion that BlackBerry is no longer in smartphone business?
    All BlackBerry Mobile branded phones are now based on what Google made, so it is part of that duopoly.

Your statement could be valid before 2016.
    05-21-19 10:21 PM
    It is still a household name...and along with it goes their reputation.
    05-21-19 10:40 PM
    Try BBMe (BBM Enterprise). BlackBerry has opened it up for individuals to use.

 BlackBerry | Q10
    05-21-19 10:43 PM
    where BlackBerry actually did not do much is marketing. They simply did not put enough effort there. Plus the availability. I live in Sydney and when new models were released you had to buy them from Hong Kong and not in Australia. Yes If your product does not make any money you close down that's correct. When Kadarshian was offering herself to promote the brand Chen refuse her that this is a business phone and they do not need her. Ok but how many people follow her?? That is just a simple example. I am not her fan at all but she would definitely help to sell some of them. For me they just failed them self. Most of the people does not even know they are still building phones
    05-22-19 05:46 AM
    where BlackBerry actually did not do much is marketing. They simply did not put enough effort there. Plus the availability. I live in Sydney and when new models were released you had to buy them from Hong Kong and not in Australia. Yes If your product does not make any money you close down that's correct. When Kadarshian was offering herself to promote the brand Chen refuse her that this is a business phone and they do not need her. Ok but how many people follow her?? That is just a simple example. I am not her fan at all but she would definitely help to sell some of them. For me they just failed them self. Most of the people does not even know they are still building phones
    Chen was hired to oversee the company's transition away from hardware. BB10 was already a clear failure and the board had decided to phase out their handset business by the time Chen was hired. It would have made no sense to partner with Kardashian at that point.

Besides, they had already tried that with Alicia Keys, and we all know what a disaster that was.

 BlackBerry | Q10
    rarsen likes this.
    05-22-19 07:13 AM
    Well, the Torch arguably did have a successor and was made a series. But eh. I don't think Wittykitty007 cares about the finer details.

- Torch 9800
    - Torch 9810
    - Torch 9850/9860
    9860 was a fun phone
    05-22-19 08:28 AM
    Dude - were you around a few years back where, in an effort to stave off bankruptcy, General Motors killed off ENTIRE CAR LINES????? (Pontiac, Oldsmobile).

Check out your Samsung. I'm sure that after a couple of years they will be pushing out a NEW model and discontinuing support on the old ones.

Technology moves fast!
    And also Ford discontinued all their car lines (not trucks) except for the Focus. It's just a thing that happens.
    rarsen likes this.
    05-22-19 09:39 AM

Technology moves fast!
    GM killed off Pontiac and Oldsmobile because it was stipulated by the government as part of their bailout. Sadly though, Pontiac was at the time beginning to make very nice, and different automobiles, for a different market than their other lines. The didn't want to kill it off, but were forced to.

Blackberry is a different situation. They simply are not producing a product the mainstream public wants. Part of that is the market, and part is in marketing itself. Sadly though, people were more willing to buy higher specs vs lower specs and security, when offered at the same price or less.
    05-22-19 01:32 PM
    GM killed off Pontiac and Oldsmobile because it was stipulated by the government as part of their bailout. Sadly though, Pontiac was at the time beginning to make very nice, and different automobiles, for a different market than their other lines. The didn't want to kill it off, but were forced to.

Blackberry is a different situation. They simply are not producing a product the mainstream public wants. Part of that is the market, and part is in marketing itself. Sadly though, people were more willing to buy higher specs vs lower specs and security, when offered at the same price or less.
    Samsung phones have security that meets most of enterprises needs - for less than BBMo. And that's the problem, BlackBerry & BBMo don't provide anything to justify their non-competitive products.... other than they are the only ones doing a PKB phone.

I know many think that all they need to do is...

marketing
    more innovation
    build with better specs
    sell at lower prices (OnePlus)

But in the end TCL bought into BlackBerry for what it would "give them" not what they had to "rebuild" it into.
    Bbnivende, elfabio80 and Mecca EL like this.
    05-22-19 01:58 PM

I’m pretty sure Oldsmobile was killed off few years before the bailout happened..
    05-22-19 03:00 PM
    And also Ford discontinued all their car lines (not trucks) except for the Focus. It's just a thing that happens.
    Yes, good point.

And, GM is closing plants in anticipation of a massive move to electric vehicles and people using ride-sharing services.
    People are, of course, outraged - but GM is looking ahead and saying "what we're doing today is not sustainable - we innovate / change or we die".
    05-22-19 03:26 PM
    If they never stopped making the Torch they never would have made the Priv. If they still made the Priv the Key2 never would have been produced.
    05-22-19 04:13 PM
37 12